“A true home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Plaza Hotel

You added Royal Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Plaza Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.193 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Ranked #37 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
“A true home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Recently stayed here on our way home from USA and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. From the welcome we got from the doorman Anthony who also was responsible for organising our taxis whenever we went out. He made absolutely sure that the taxi driver knew where our destination was and we were comfortably settled in the taxi.
The staff in the club lounge catered well for our every need and comfort we felt really spoilt.
Customer service is taken very seriously at this hotel and cleanliness is a key feature throughout the hotel.
Our room was spotless and very comfortable and spacious.
We would have no reservation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a classic hotel which gives good value for money.
We would definitely stay here again when visiting Hong Kong.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Went on vacation with another couple. Royal,plaza is situated in a handy location to MTR and via a walkway to ladies market, Nathan road etc. it is a very modern hotel with exceptionally big room for HongKong. We paid extra to have the convenience of the Club Package which allowed us access to cool drinks & tea & coffee throughout the day. I was a little disappointed with their range of snacks throughout the day. Breakfast was sufficient, afternoon tea was 3.00 with 2 only warm selections which we never ate, scones jam & cream, dry & sweet biscuits but not much else on offer. Evening snacks were rather limited also, I feel they need to add more variety and change the selection daily as it was same thing everyday. If I was ever to return I wouldn't pay for the package at this hotel as I didn't think it was value for the extras you received.

Room Tip: We had room on 18th floor which is club member
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
RPHHK, General Manager at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear carolestellew
Many thanks for your valuable comment. While I am delighted that overall you were pleased with the guest room, we are deeply concerned to know that we have fallen short of your expectations in the varieties of snacks at the Club Lounge. Please rest assured that we will look into the issues to improve our services. I am really thankful for your feedback, and I hope to see you again soon!
Warm regards
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel located about 10 minute walk to Mong Kok MTR along the walkways above the roads with plenty of shops and markets nearby. Shopping center connected to the hotel has plenty of shops, food court and supermarket which was very convenient. Rooms were very clean and spacious with a window seating area to soak in the views. The room was large enough for 2 people even with the large suitcases in the room. The king size bed was very comfortable but the pillows were too soft. The bathroom was spacious with a large mirror and counter space so I had plenty of space for my makeup! The only downside to the room is that there are way too many lights and light switches. It was almost a chore every night to turn them all off. If only there was a central switch to turn them all off.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed with Royal Plaza from 20th to 24 April 2015.

On the first night of our stay, my mother got really ill and we contacted the front desk staff to help us with getting medical attention for my mother. We eventually opted to get the hotel doctor to see her and because he was in the vicinity, he arrived in less than half an hour. Thereafter, throughout our stay at the hotel, the duty managers made daily calls to check on my mother. We were really touched by their kind gestures. Even the housekeeping staff in charge of our room on the first two days was really nice to take note that my mother was not feeling well, offering us more water to help keep her hydrated.

Also, the staff stationed at the side entrance leading to the mall were always so friendly and greeted us when we are on our way out and when we come back. The front desk was also very helpful whenever we asked for information about restaurants etc. All these little gestures really made our stay extra pleasant. We have stayed at Royal Plaza Hotel a few times prior to this trip but after this trip, we will definitely only choose them when we travel to Hong Kong.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Elaine A
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Plaza Hotel. We love what we do, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. We hope we have the opportunity to look after you again very soon!
Please feel free to let me know personally if you are coming again, or if any friends would like accommodation assistance.
Yours sincerely
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel is situated next to a huge shopping mall and sits on a MTR line. A 10-15mins walk on the overhead bridge brings you to Argyle street which is very near to Langham place(Mongkok Station). Not a very long walk but if Im travelling with very young kids or seniors, I will think twice. Although it is located by the MTR, one needs to travel down to TST East to do a transfer to the red line to get to popular areas like TST, Jordan or Mongkok.... or just walk to Mongkok and take the red line.

Rooms of the hotel is well appointed and huge. Love the double Queen size beds in the room.

Overall, I'd stay here again if Im travelling with friends or travelling without young children/seniors.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear gingerleaf
Thanks so much for posting a review of your stay at Royal Plaza Hotel! We are happy to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us. We hope to see you again soon, and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance with your future stays.
Warm regards
Hong Kong Region, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As a frequent business traveller, spending approx. 2 months a year in Asia with HKG as my home base, The Royal Plaza is my one true home away from home. I tried The Holiday Inn Golden Mile, The Royal Garden, The Eaton, and The Langham – nothing beats The Royal Plaza for comfort, convenience, service and value for money. Here is why I won’t stay anywhere else…

THE ROOMS

Even standard rooms at RP are double the size of your typical HKG hotel room so you have more room to relax, work, or play. The rooms are always spotlessly clean and they smell nice and fresh. The bed mattress is super soft and the duvet and pillows provide warmth and cloud-like luxury. You have massive flat screen TV with over 60 channels, a desk, sofa or chair, large wardrobe with digital safe, beautiful white bathrobes, towels galore, take-home slippers, and super stylish marble bathrooms with a large shower PLUS a bath (Club Floor even has a TV built into the wall so you can relax in the bath with the supplied bath salts!). The bathroom amenities are abundant and of a very high quality – I think made in France – and my hair, skin, everything feels great and smells great after bathing. The bathroom also comes stocked with toothpaste, toothbrush, body lotion, comb, shaver, and so much more.

The windows are double glazed and the curtains block 100% of the light if you feel like a sleep in during the day. All the rooms, from standard to executive club floor are 5 star, in my opinion.

THE FOOD

Room service offers a great selection of western and Asian delights. 24hr menu, at acceptable prices, and the kitchen never dishes up a bad meal. Try the crème brulee for dessert, MMMM! The RP also has a Chinese Restaurant, Japanese Restaurant, and probably what is one of the most famous buffets in HKG. For a few hundred HKD you can treat yourself to the best buffet I have ever experienced – anywhere in the word – from freshly cooked on-demand Lobster Tails, to Indian Curries, Lamb & Beef Roasts, Sushi & Sashimi Bar, 6’ long pizzas, every Chinese dish imaginable, soups, breads, crispy fried food… the list is endless, and you probably need to eat there 3 nights to actually have the stomach room to taste it all. The dessert bar is the widest I’ve seen (and so will your hips be after casting your eyes on what’s available). Hot crepes, cakes, tarts, tiramisu, chocolate fountain, fruit, ice cream softies, dripping hot sweet sauces, and more… you actually need to reserve half your stomach space for this part of the buffet! It’s such great value, every night the place is bustling with local families out for a special meal together. Everyone who lives in Kowloon knows how good this place is, so don’t miss out!

THE LOCATION

One of the most important things for my travels. You can literally touch down at HKG airport, and take air-conditioned trains straight through to Mongkok East station which adjoins MOKO shopping centre, which adjoins the Royal Plaza. No sweat on one’s brow, even during the hotter and more humid months. If you travel into southern China for business or shopping, you’re 1 stop away from Hung Hom – again, air-conditioned comfort ALL the way into China from the door of the hotel!

The most charming thing about the location is you’re staying right in the heart of Mongkok – the only way to experience true HKG people and culture. No TST street hawkers pushing fake watches or tailored suits, just 100% HKG people going about their daily lives amongst the great shops, food stalls, and more. At the doorstep is also the world-class MOKO shopping centre, AND the famous ladies market, where you can buy fresh produce, bargain clothes, accessories, housewares, electrical, souvenirs and more.

Also, while staying here, your window views, from both sides of the hotel, show real HKG at its best – urban skyscrapers backdropped by rugged beautiful mountains. You don’t get to see the harbour from here, but the view is still beautiful, wondrous and memorable.

AMENITIES

The hotel has an awesome outdoor pool, on the 12th floor, which is large, clean, and never overcrowded. Lifeguard and towels and deck chairs are at hand so you can have a swim anytime with complete confidence. There is also a well equipped gym with treadmills, bikes, weights, and yoga gear to keep your health on track while you’re travelling. And just through a door in the health club is a beauty salon where you can get every imaginable treatment – I’m a man, so I can’t vouch for this, but I can for the amazing massages that are guaranteed to get you snoring zzzzzzzzzzz!

THE CLUB FLOOR

I really don’t want to say much about the Royal Club Floor because I don’t ever want to miss out on getting booked into the 18th and 19th floors. For a little bit extra you can book into the Club Floor which offers personalised sit-down check in/check out, included breakfast, included afternoon tea, drinks all day, dinner snacks, and a quiet lounge area that you can use to recline in comfort if you feel like chilling somewhere outside your room. There is also a boardroom, business machines for printing & faxing etc, and staff available to assist with everything. Compare the prices for this level of service and standard against some of the bigger chains… there’s no better value for money than at the RP (I hope they don’t read this as they might jack up their tariffs!)

THE STAFF & SERVICE STANDARDS

And finally, what’s most important is how you feel when you’re on your holiday or business trip. They must be doing something right here, as there are many faces I have known for 15 years – and they’ve all been promoted up the ranks, so they do look after their staff, who in turn look after me and you. From the cleaners to the office executives, whenever you walk past you get a warm and friendly “Goodmorning/afternoon Sir” – so nice! You really do feel important and special staying here, and I’ve never had an experience where I was left feeling like the team didn’t care about the quality of my stay. I must pass on special commendations to my old time friends off over 10 years – Jackie, Wing, Queenie, David, and my more recent friends Suki, Kiki, Grace, Jen, Sharon, Edgar, who make me feel like part of their big family. And if you’re looking for some of the best corporate sales managers in Asia, look up the wonderful team and ask for Jennifer and Zoey – seriously awesome people and top notch business services – your emails are almost always answered instantaneously, even late night weekends – WOW!

VALUE

The Royal Plaza offers 5 star service, rooms, cleanliness, food, and amenities, at affordable prices. Again, I hate to say this because they might jack up the rates….shhhh… go stay, don’t tell anyone how good the value is – keep it your secret like I keep it mine! Book in today if you’re travellin to HKG. I give you my personal guarantee… I’ll be staying here for another 15 years, and on!

Eddie from Australia
2015

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Eddie S
Many thanks for your positive and fabulous review. I am truly grateful for your encouraging comments. I will share your kind words with the entire team, as it is certainly the best motivation for us to do even better in the future. We really look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Kind regards
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Outstanding dealing with our two children (7 and 8).

One of the rare family hotels in Hong Kong area if you have more than one child and looking for an affordable four bedroom.

Very helpful and fast reservations department which provided us besides with useful hints in advance always in due time.

Room Tip: Royal Club Grand Rooms
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Uck01
Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Plaza Hotel. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely
C.F. Wong

Been to Royal Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!