“A chic boutique hotel in Hong Kong - a great find!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Pak Hok Ting Street, Shatin, Hong Kong, China   |
Ranked #49 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 595 Reviews
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“A chic boutique hotel in Hong Kong - a great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Found this hotel online, read some positive reviews on TripAdvisor and so went ahead and booked via the hotel's website.

My partner and I suddenly found that we could take a short vacation and zeroed in on Hong Kong. I was returning to that city after 20 years and my partner had never been there before. This trip was put together rather hurriedly but thanks to Jet Airways and Royal Park Hotel (located in the Shatin area of HK) this has become a most memorable vacation.

We booked the Royal Package for 4 nights, which included a Buffet Breakfast, Evening Cocktails with hors d'oeuvres. Check-in was a breeze and we were personally guided by a cheerful young guest manager to our luxurious Executive room with a good view.

Although this property is located away from the popular Tsimshatsui area, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service (please check for their daily schedule with the hotel lobby) throughout the day. In any case, the hotel is also connected to the Sha Tin subway station and this is another plus. The New Town Plaza shopping mall is connected to this hotel but I did prefer the other shopping opportunities elsewhere in HK.

My partner is a vegetarian and we were a little apprehensive about food choices but we had nothing to worry about either at breakfast or for the cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

This package also offers complimentary airport shuttle. Remember to check for the schedule to see if it matches your flight.

The main lobby is a little crowded and the reception folks a little too aloof but the Executive Lobby's personnel made up with their cheerfulness and helpfulness.

Thinking of making a another trip next year and will most probably stay at this hotel again.

The Royal Package gives you real value for your money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write us you postive comments towards our hotel. I am much pleased to learnt that all my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay witu us an enjoyable one. Should you plan to visit Hong Kong in the future, please take you time to browse on our hotel website for any latest room package promotion or contact us direct for reservation.
Once again, thank you for your recent stay with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mar del Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel has a tremendous location, close to the transport of this wonderful city.
There are markets nearby with fresh food and fruits.
The rooms have a lot of light wich i like.
The zone where this hotel is placed is very quiet.
Everything is very clean.
It is affordable, wich is a big MUST in Hong kong unless you are rich, because everything here is VERY expensive.
They try really hard to please their guests.
Would i return? YEs

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RPHShatin, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are most delighted to learn that you enjoyed the visit to Hong Kong and were impressed with our hotel.

Your fine compliments have been shared with our staff and we shall endeavor to maintain and improve our service further.

Hoping to welcome you again to Royal Park Hotel in the near future!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here with the Royal Long Staying Package and everything was just perfect from the check-in to check-out. We loved the fact that its really well connected. From food courts to fine dinning restaurants, parks, cinema, karaoke, shopping malls, pharmacies, supermarket, convenient stores, train and bus station to everywhere, you can basically get all you need by staying here.

Breakfast was great, lots of selection including chinese and western food. Room was very clean and staff always answered the phone calls quickly and were very helpful in providing information. The pool was not big but totally enough for just a relaxing swim. Gym room was well equipped with TV available.

Dined at one of their restaurant, the Sakurada Japanese Restaurant. Food, service and atmosphere were all great, we also got a discount from being the hotel guests which was quite good.

We often headed back to the hotel before 1am and all the transportation in Hong Kong was very well connected before that time. It's just slightly far away if you're partying a lot as you'd probably need to spend a bit more money and time to take a taxi or those over-night mini-buses to head back to the hotel.

Room Tip: check their official website to get package price
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RPHShatin, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with your stay in our hotel. We believe convenience is very important for guests travelling from another country, it is always gratifying to receive compliments regarding our well-connected location and easy access to different modes of transport.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience during breakfast and at our Sakurada Japanese Restaurant, your comments have been shared with our staff and we will be glad to welcome you back in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is connected to the ShaTin train station and New Town Plaza shopping mall. It is a 30 minute (HKD 260) ride from the airport. Hotel staff is courteous and rooms are comfortable, clean and functional. The hotel has nice glass elevators that give you a nice view of the New Town Plaza mall and the swimming pool adjacent to it. The mall has all the stores and restaurants you can imagine.

I was here for business and our office in science park (university station) was only two train stops away which was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. It is a pleasure to note how you have enjoyed the stay and appreciated the staff and convenience of the property.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. For new promotions and room packages, please visit our hotel website.
Bandung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is my first time staying at Royal Park Hotel and I actually made my decision to book this hotel based on reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor and Agoda.

When I first reached the hotel, there wasn't one single person that was standing by the door to greet or to help you with the luggage. It was understandable as it was almost 11 o'clock at night but it would still be better if somebody was there to greet you after a long flight.

The reception staff were very friendly and my check-in process was done within minutes. Upon entering the hotel room, I was greeted by a teddy bear sitting on top of my king bed that I requested. A bowl of fruits were also provided by the hotel as a welcoming greeting.

The hotel itself is well located near New Plaza shopping center and MTR Station so it is very convenient for you to go around. Aside from that, a direct public bus is also available from the airport and it stops right in front of the hotel. If you don't mind to spend more money, then you can take the shuttle provided by the hotel.

I asked for a late check-out because I had a late flight and they complied without any fuss. They also provide free wi-fi in each room (which definitely a plus for me!). Location-wise, it was a little bit far from HK Island. If you prefer to stay away from the busy city life, then Royal Park Hotel is the right place for you.

The only thing that ticked me off was quite a large number of hotel guests came from China and they can be noisy and rowdy on the hotel hallway which could disturb the other hotel guests. It was fine when they did it during the day but sometimes, they did it during night time as well.

All in all, great hotel, friendly hotel staff and good facilities. Definitely more that what I've expected. I will be more than welcoming to stay again in this hotel for my next holiday trip to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Higher floor and large bed are recommended.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RPHShatin, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my gratitude to you for taking the time to review our previous comments on this site and writing one after your stay. Whilst I am pleased to see that you are satisfied with our welcoming greeting, convenient location, quality of service and staff, late checkout and free wifi throughout the hotel, I have made a special note of the points mentioned which did not quite meet with your expectations. Please rest assured that we will look into the issue of your comments regarding the noise in the hallway and lack of greeting staff at the door and action will be taken to rectify this.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and I would be glad to welcome you back to Royal Park Hotel in the near future!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was there from 1 June to 4 June 2013.. It was a great experience I loved the limousine service that bring us to and from the airport. We were upgraded to 16 floor and the view was fantastic. I have been to this hotel numerous time but was usually under tour agency arrangement and never have this view. This time round I booked through corporate booking and I would say it is definitely a 5 star support. The moment I went in there were many hotel staffs eager to help you. Although, a little disappointed as the sales manager arrangement was not properly passed down to the counter staff. Anyway it was sorted out thanks to the corresponding email that I have printed, if not then it will be an unhappy holiday stay.

Special thanks to the ever helpful concierge for making the wonderful trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comments towards our facilities and staff. Please accept my sincere apology on what you have mentioned regarding your accomdation arrangement. I am much pleased to learnt that my colleagues had it sort out so fast and make your stay an enjoyable one. Look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in future. Should you plan to return to Hong Kong in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for the latest promotion or you can contact your company representative in Hong Kong for booking.
Wish you all the best.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My stay at Royal Park was rather a rapid one - an overnight business trip. Upon arrival the concierge and reception staff were very friendly and with minimal fuss quickly escorted me up to my room. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable with modern amenities, and there are numerous places to eat and drink in the hotel. Breakfast at the 2+2 Cafe on level 3 is well worth a try, although keep in mind that the fruit section is around the corner to all of the cooked food (if you're travelling healthy!). Otherwise, a full selection of breads, asian cuisine, western breakfasts and cooked food are all on offer.

The hotel itself is well situated near New City Plaza shopping mall and the public transport system, so it's quite easy to get around from here. There's also a taxi rank just outside so I never had to wait for a taxi to be called - very convenient. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Hong Kong who doesn't mind catching public transport to the centre of the city. As I was doing business nearby, it was great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing with positive comments on our location and services. Wish you all the best and should you wish to travel to Hong Kong again. Please take some time to browse on our hotel website on all the room packages offered or feel free to contact the undersigned for reservation.

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!