“Good hotel in good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hotel Kowloon

You added Ramada Hotel Kowloon to your Saves list
Ramada Hotel Kowloon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.73-75 Chatham Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #317 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Beijing Region, China
“Good hotel in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was close to the Forever Bright Visa agency that handles visas for China . But it turned out to be right opposite the Science Museum as well and I went to the great interactive dinosaur exhibit there !
The hotel is also close to some great eating places , and indeed has a nice cafe itself on the second floor . If you cross over the pedestrian bridge outside the hotel and turn right at the science museum you will find yourself in a pedestrian mall with many quick food places . The 'Big Pizza' stand sells great pizza by the large slice . Best pizza I have had in Asia .
Hotel staff speak excellent English and are polished and professional . Room was a bit small but not oppressively so . Everything worked well and it had a large electronic safe . I forgot my power adapter and it was one of the things you could get the loan of from room service , along with iron , ironing board etc .
Good hotel .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Rooms was small and the décor a bit tired, but it was clean and quiet. For what we paid it was good value. As an inner city hotel in an expensive city it was reasonably priced. Very convenient location for the main history museum of Hong Kong and the star ferry only a short walk away. Staff were friendly and helpful at looking after our luggage on the last day so we could 'do' the museum.
If you want to spend a lot of time in a hotel room, then maybe this isn't the nicest, but if your need is for somewhere to sleep for the night while you explore the city during the day then this is absolutely fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Rooms are very small,with not enough space to move about.Items in the minibar are quite expensive.
Hygiene was also not upto the mark;I did get stained towels a few times.
Also,no activities e.g.pools, gyms are available.
Staff on the other hand are very helpful.
The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location;it is situated in the midst of many shopping centres of Kowloon, a very busy place, and great fot night shopping, especially around new year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were at the hotel from 7-9th December. The room was very small only about 20 inches between bed and walls. The bed not much bigger than a single and we were lucky that we were not big people. The bathroom had mould throughout with the grill in the door full of dirt. The paintwork on the door was peeling off. The wall hairdryer did not work. The door from the corridor had grease and makeup around the spy hole on the inside and was covered with mould on the outside. Of course it smelt of mould and decay. Overall a dreadful room which could not be recommended.

Room Tip: Have no idea how to get a good room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was at Ramada Kowloon Hong Kong from 29th December 2013 and checked out on 1st January 2014. Out of curiosity just a couple of days before I left for Hong Kong I read reviews for Ramada and it made me a bit jittery, the reviews were not that good. I rang up my tour operator and let him know my concerns, little help he could offer, but he did insist that Ramada was a good option and yes what he said was right! Its not out of the world but a place that you are comfortable in and offers a pleasant stay.
I could come back at night to a room that was good enough for me, my wife and my 5 year old daughter. We parked on the 13th floor, room no 1303.

Buffet breakfast for me was adequate and varied. I stuck to scrambled eggs, toast - butter and juices. The other options included noodles, tea-coffee, noodles and lot more.

The location of the hotel is excellent as well. You could stroll around the hotel and time would just fly!

Concierge service was good as well.

The only problem is that the check in time is after 2pm. I reached at 11am and had to hang out until the check in times.

All in all a wonderful experience... Definitely would suggest staying here.

Room Tip: None Smoking Room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

good things:
1. location is just right. restaurants, shops, bus stops, airport shuttle, and tst MTR station is all near by.
2.breakfast is not wide spread but I prefer it as it does not confuse you with too many options. it was pretty decent.
bad things:
1. rooms are small and bathrooms are even smaller. there was not enough light in the room and was looking dull.
2. staff is not that friendly. I had booked bed and breakfast and it was mentioned in the voucher as well. however the first day when I arrived, the lady at the brekfast counter asked for my room no and said bf was not included in my package. I asked her to check again as I was sure, then she came back saying ok u can have the bf (no apology or smile)
3. the walls of the rooms are not at all sound proof, I could clerly hear voices from the next room and it botheres me entire night. the property is also very old and very tiny lobby and lift. only 1 person can walk in the corridor with a bag at a time. there is not enough light in the corridors as well (too much cost cutting)
Conclusion: Good for budget travellers and backpackers, not recommended for those who want to stay and relax at the hotel.

Room Tip: doesnt really matter as I got free upgrade to superior room and the upgraded room dint please me at...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Ramada hotel is at best a 2 star hotel. The rooms are very small and beds are hard. The staff are unhelpful and unfriendly. We asked for a non-smoking room and were ensured we could have one, when we arrived we were given a smoking room, when we complained we were told oh well that is all there is to bad. The rooms absolutely stank of smoke!!

I would love to go back to Hong Kong but I would definitely not stay at this hotel again!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Hotel Kowloon? Share your experiences!