“Rude front desk lady” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

You added The Mira Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Mira Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Rate
30% OFF + ROOM UPGRADE
Ranked #26 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
“Rude front desk lady”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I just called now to reconfirm my booking because for some reason booking.com had the wrong number of guests listed and didn't show that I actually requested a king size room. The front desk lady picked up with an attitude that was definitely not acceptable. She was lazy to help at first until I've explained my situation again. Then she sounded annoyed and said that its only a request and she can't promise anything until the day I check in. I mean, if there's only 1 person staying at the hotel why would he or she need an extra bed? That's just so silly! Her attitude really makes me wanna cancel my reservation with your hotel and look for another hotel with a better customer service. Because I definitely didn't feel like I was talking to a somewhat decent hotel front desk. She sound like she works at a hostel!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Kristen C
I am very sorry for your disappointing experience and please accept my sincere apology for the level of service you have recently received. Please contact me at gmoffice@themirahotel.com as I would like to understand more from you and resolve the problem accordingly. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.
Kind regards
Gerhard Aicher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Loved the Mira Hotel in Kowloon. Its modern feel and young atmosphere made my last 3 stays there very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and brand new. Definitely have enjoyed the outdoor terrace and the other amenities. Loved the fact that they gave you a phone to use there. Most convenient as was the location on Nathan Rd.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the ball room. Parties can be loud there
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear RobertG99
Thanks very much for your excellent review. I am very grateful to hear your wonderful experience with us especially with our Handy phone. Please come visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel. Wonderful ambiance, great service and attention to detail. Amazing. My first stay but my partners regular hotel in HK. The spa downstairs is a huge surprise and was used with great enjoyment. Also would have to be one of the best hotel buffet breakfast around. Mira we will be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Warren T
Many thanks for sharing your amazing experience at The Mira Hong Kong! Your kind words regarding our hotel service and everything mean a lot to us as we continuously strive to provide an unrivalled service our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may assist with your future visits and I hope to welcome you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Husband booked us here for a birthday treat. The suite was fabulous, very modern with everything you could possibly need. The decor was sleek, as was the service. Not too intrusive, but there if we needed any help. We used the spa and the pool was beautiful, by far the best I've used. The lighting around the pool was clever, tiny spotlights over the pool area - which made it all the more chilled, in fact the whole spa area was spotless and just very relaxing. Would definitely recommend the massages - blissful.

We've had drinks at Vibes, the outdoor bar before, and its always been a little haven, in a busy city, and again it didn't disappoint. Love the Mira!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rooroo16
Thank you for your great review and a belated Happy Birthday to you! It is uplifting to hear what a Mira-velous experience you had at our hotel and enjoyed the service at MiraSpa and Vibes in particular. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Best wishes
Islamabad, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Rooms are well equipment and quite high tech. The corridors and lifts are dark and dingy ( too much mood lighting), the location bang in the center of the golden mile. The food street is just next door and plenty of shopping abounds around the hotel including some eccentrically interesting malls like K11, The One & isquare. The special treat is tucked away three 3 levels below ground - a top class spa, and a beautiful pool with underwater music.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear SaadSeeb
Thanks very much for your fabulous review. It is my pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your experience at our award-winning MiraSpa. Please feel free to let me know if I may assist with your travel arrangement next time and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

One of my friends recommended the Mira HK and told me to book at they were also their during the time of my visiting dates to HK.
I Did my reservation through booking.com and requested a check-in between 1-2pm as was going to arrive from China around that time and had meeting in HK (1:30pm),so wanted to shower and get fresh prior .Arrived around 1pm to a lovely lobby , bags were not taken from me by many of the bell boys around , but didnt think much of it , but this is expected in a 5 star. Got to front desk to check in and after finding my reservation was told that no rooms were available and I had to wait till 3pm , I explained that I had put a request in and I had been up since 5am to leave from China was actually suffering from a cold and needed to changed and shower . Receptionist was very rude and said " I just told you there are no rooms available if you want a shower go to the spa downstairs" , I told her this was not convenient for me as I had to unpack and put on my business suit , she then said she had a room on executive floor but i would be required to pay an additional HK$450 on top of the HK$ 2000 on my reservation , I said I was not happy with this and the way she was behaving and wished to speak to her manager , with a disgruntled face she picked up the phone spoke in Cantonese to somebody and then said "OK OK!" we can offer you a room twin bedded with another view ( my original was a king bed with a good view) ,(At this point the Manager did not come to the phone or come to speak to me as I had requested) , I said ok that will be fine , could you please give me the room key quickly as i was running late , I gave her my credit card to swipe for guarantee for extra charges and too my surprise she was working in " SLOW MOTION" , I was furious and I said could you please hurry as I was running extremely late for a very important meeting , she came straight back at me abruptly saying "CANT YOU SEE THIS IS A MACHINE IT TAKES TIME !" , I waited took the key and went to my room , very annoyed but was in a rush , again no assistance from a bell boy . Got to the room showered and out for my meeting ,room was clean but smaller than I expected but at this stage wasn't bothered . Came back from my meeting around 6pm and had a message on my TV to please call the Duty Manager regarding my check -in experience , I did call after a few hours sleep as was still quite jet lagged and tired . When I called the duty manager was another to whom left the message and I told him I had a message to call , he then said yes he understands that I had a bad check in experience and would like my version of events which I told him , he then said that he heard the same from his colleague whom was standing near the check in clerk whom attended to me . He just said he was extremely apologetic and will be giving a warning and further training to the staff in question and that was it ! I asked that I would like a check out at 2pm as requested on my booking and he said no problem . There was nothing else !!!!!

I could not believe it , that even after realising what his hotel had done to create a bad experience , he did nothing more to make me feel comfortable , in other hotels had this happened you may get a complimentary meal , upgrade , bottle of wine - but nothing , not that I needed or wanted anything but it was the principle .

Then to make things worse my colleague staying in the same hotel came to my room next day when i was checking out as we had just been shopping and said wow your room is tiny , I said how comes we both have the same category of room , they said there room was much nicer and bigger and further more they paid HK$1500 including breakfast and I paid $2000 excluding breakfast .

OVERALL NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE AT ALL , I HAVE STAYED IN MANY DESIGN HOTELS ACROSS THE WORLD BUT APART FROM THE FANCY FAÇADE THE SERVICE IS NOT THE STANDARD OF A DESIGN HOTEL RATHER A SMALL BUDGET HOTEL .

Really did not want to write this as I dont like being critical of other business , but as a regular traveller whom stays in hotels rooms more than 100 nights a year I felt this had to be shared .

Mira I suggest you look at reviewing customer services...

Room Tip: Rooms are not well sound proofed so if you are a light sleeper avoid central corridor rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Rajdlondon
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is regrettable that your stay at The Mira Hong Kong did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for all the shortfalls you have encountered and I believe my Team has been in touch with you personally to rectify the issues. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may assist further and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Mira is a (large) design hotel in TST. It is very well located in Nathan Rd close to the metro and walking distance to the ferry terminal (long walk). The hotel is very nice - great restaurants and nice interior. Excellent indoor swimming pool. In addition to great restaurants inside the hotel (Michelin star) you are surrounded by shopping malls and 50m from Knutsford Terrace bars and restaurants. Staff are really nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a Mira 80 suite which was fantastic - the bathroom was massive (had its own sauna) and the bedroom was great. The living room whilst nice, felt a little unfinished compared to the bedroom and ensuite. The price was reasonable for HK. If you want to stay in TST then this is a great option.

The only criticism I had was that on one of the days we stayed there was a celebrity staying, and large crowds outside made it quite difficult to get in and out. Not a big issue in the scheme of things.

Room Tip: The standard rooms looked pretty small, so paying a little extra for a Mira 70 or 80 suite might be...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi David O
Thanks so much for your review. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that has caused to you during your stay with us. Despite the large crowds due to the celebrity event, I trust that your stay at The Mira Hong Kong was still an enjoyable one. I hope to see you again for a far superior experience at our hotel.
Kind regards
Gerhard Aicher

Been to The Mira Hong Kong? Share your experiences!