My first review - wanted it to be a good one - this is up there in terms of positive experiences with Hotels I've had over the years.
Myself and my family - 5 adults (3 Senior citizens), 2 toddlers - have stayed in Hong Kong a number of times at different hotels several times between us. Generally, standards with most hotels in HK are decent at 4 stars and above.
After staying here in early Dec 2014, this one we all agreed was our best by far - the executive parlour and family rooms are just so much value and "comfortable" than the standard 20 square metres for most other standard rooms in this city. Rooms are not really anymore than "good" - clean and decent decor. The views from the hotel though are excellent on the sea view side.
The main plus for us was actually the service experience delivered by the staff. They were all cheerful (smiles go a long way !) and helpful to our needs from the reception through to porters and housekeeping. Big shout out to check in guys though, we arrived at 6am in the morning due to flights, I didn't expect much given the hotel check in time is 2pm and I've never been to a hotel where they'd let you in before 11 or so. These guys just gave us one of our 2 rooms straightaway as it was free at 6am in the morning.... totally saved our day to be able to rest and shower in one of the rooms. They then let us pretty much choose and configure the rooms to our needs. Not sure if this was because we paid for the upgraded rooms or not but always got the feeling for these early arrivals that staff just couldn't be bothered looking or not allowed to let you in before 11am in most others hotels... On average they'd just make you wait for the sheer hell of it in my experience - without even looking.
Difference was that we got the feeling the staff were looking to delight the customers rather than just satisfy.
Definitely the best hotel in its price bracket for us and we'll certainly look to be staying here again next time we go to hong kong ! Thanks Metorpark Causeway bay !! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, a business and leisure hotel with unrivalled harbour view, full range of facilities & services and convenient location, just 2 minutes walk to underground station and 10 minutes to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre by Hotel FREE Shuttle, welcoming you to experience a contemporary retreat featuring comfort guestrooms and relaxing ambience. Innovative dining concept and well-equipped facilities are complemented by great service and stunning views of Hong Kong’s harbour. All round facilities include 24-hour FREE Broadband Internet Access, Rooftop Outdoor Swimming Pool, Health Club, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Business Centre, Restaurant & Pub and more… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Metropark Hong Kong
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong