We stayed at the Novotel Nathan Rd for six nights in early Nov 2012. We booked a Club room on the 15th floor and our room number was 1528.
In a nutshell we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There are many reasons for picking a hotel in HK from wanting a harbour view, being close to the airport, wanting to be on HK Island to be near Central and the Peak or on Kowloon for the shopping. For us we'd stayed at Causeway Bay (HK side) on our last stay here and this time we preferred to be more around the shopping. We weren't interested in paying the higher prices for a harbour view so we picked the Novotel Nathan Rd. It's positioned bewteen the Ladies Markets in Mong Kok and the Star Ferry on the harbour and it suited out needs perfectly. It was a bit far to walk both ways even though we could and did but after you work out the public transport system which is simple we didn't walk again. From our hotel there was a bus to the Star Ferry and the MTR (one block away) took us to the Mong Kok... easy!
In fact getting around the whole of HK from here was easy, cheap and quick! Tip... get an Octopus Card from any MTR station which covers you for all public transport. It can be used on the MTR, buses, trams and the Star Ferry not to mention in many retail outlets. Saves having to have the right money and its really easy to use. Anything you don't use you can get back at the end of your trip.
The hotel itself was great. Booking a Club room was worth the extra money as far as we were concerned. Apart from one night we didn't put our hand in our pockets for any meals or drinks... breakfast lunch or dinner. Food and drinks were good and plenty of it. Staff were very good too.
As far as getting to and from the hotel is concerned we used Hong Kong Shuttle which took us from the airport directly to our hotel. It was efficient, comfortable and very reasonably priced at AUS$40 return. Don't take the MTR this is much easier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon is conveniently located on bustling Nathan Road, in the heart of Kowloon's famous shopping and commercial district. The Hotel is proximity to the city's most conveneint MTR system and a short distance from various attractions, Temple Street Night Market, Ladies Market, and Jade Market, makes exploring the city's sights enjoyable and convenient. All rooms boast the latest Novotel “NEXT” room design features, equipped with Wi-Fi/broadband internet access and 32” flat screen TVs. All Executive rooms are equipped with ipod docking stations, a full range of Eco-certified bathroom amenities and free access to the private lounge, serving Continental breakfast or buffet, afternoon tea and evening cocktails. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas. The Square restaurant serves international buffet spreads and an à la carte menu offering fresh seasonal seafood and healthy options. Tasca Bar offers live entertainment and a cosy atmosphere to unwind with a drink. Other facilities include the In Balance Fitness Suite, Xbox games in the children’s play area, free internet usage at the iMac Corner and free Wi-Fi in lobby areas and bar. Guests may enjoy a relaxing massage or arrange a day trip at the tour desk. One child (16 years and under) stays free when sharing with parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hotel Hong Kong
- Majestic Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon
- Hong Kong Novotel