My family & I stayed for 6 days in the "residence" and all my experience was with the suite and Club L.
1) Service was exceptional and friendly.
2) Location was great for us. Like the street life and being close to the MTR wade our sightseeing easy.
3) Food (& drink) in the Club L was great, plentiful and free.
4) Bed was super comfortable.
5) Everything was spotlessly clean, and room cleaning service was perfect and unobtrusive.
6) Fantastic view from 38th floor and Club L.
So OK, why is my real rating 4 1/2 STARS?
-1) I choose a Suite (The Residence) because I had 3 persons. This is why I pay for more for a suite. I expected the couch to serve as a bed. It was too short to sleep on and it did not fold out into a bed. I have used this sort of set up many places before and it is perfect for a family w/kids. Why not have a couch w/ a fold out bed? (I should have made it clear what the bedding was, so partly my fault).
-2) I found some of the layout and doors a bit clumsy. Our bedroom door got stuck and had to call maintenance. Not a deal killer, but it did take away a little.
-3) Paid for suite and Club L so could enjoy food and drinks. SO why in our suite, do they have a MINI-BAR with (mostly) the same items available for free in Club L, but they want to CHARGE US FOR??!!
2 other notes.1) They seem to be big on up selling, so be prepared to be offered a better room. They offered us the Penthouse for 2 notes for about $400 US more. Not pushy, but be prepared. 2) We had an incident in our room. Our shower was leaking a lot of water (outside the shower door) and my wife slipped in it an hurt her foot. The hotel handled it very well, instantly sending maintenance and insuring her well being. (This is one thing I hate about Asia- the use of tile in a bathroom, which looks nice but is VERY SLICK when wet!)
The bottom line is this hotel is worth the money at least in the Club L.HINTS: Also we experienced very quick check in and out in the club @ 36. If you are staying in a suite by pass the lobby check in. Also (another rating complained about slow elevators) elevators were always quick, so no issue there. MTR is a bit of a walk, so be prepared. Also the signage is a bit confusing and the mall is always crowed. We hauled our luggage from the MTR as I thought it would be a bit closer, but it worked out OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, AsiaRooms, getaroom.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong