“Wonderful service, good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong to your Saves list
Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LINGER AT LANGHAM
Ranked #10 of 652 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore
“Wonderful service, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi, the service was wonderful. There were porters on hand to immediately help us with our luggage and direct us to the hotel lobby. Check-in was a breeze and upon realizing it was just after my birthday, the front desk wished me a happy birthday and gave me a free room upgrade.

The room was spotless and there is a sort of ‘bay window’ where you can sit and enjoy the view from the room, which is fantastic. It is a nice spot to chill out with a bottle of wine after a day of shopping and sight-seeing, which was exactly what we did. I love the bed as it was so comfortable.

We did not try the hotel’s breakfast or any of the restaurants as there are many small local eateries around the hotel. There is also a shopping mall next to the hotel, with eateries there as well as a supermarket.

Sufficient machines in the gym when I used it one morning. The treadmills are lined up along the window so you get this great view while using the machine. I also used the swimming pool one afternoon and it was a great respite from the afternoon heat after shopping. The rectangle pool is perfect for doing laps.

All in all, this is a great hotel. Great location and wonderful service. Can’t ask for more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently returned from my first trip (on business) to Hong Kong. I used TripAdvisor to research the hotels that were allowed by my company's travel policies. The Langham Place Hotel was ranked as the #6 hotel in all of HK and it was on my companies accepted list so I booked there.

I stayed there two weeks and was very happy with this hotel. It's in a terrific location. Lots of places to eat and shop are nearby. It's connected to a mall. It has what I would classify as upper end amenities, including a beautiful spa floor with a very nice gym that I used. The staff is very polite and helpful. I ate breakfast at the hotel every morning which was wonderful. It's right next to an MTR (subway) station, which I used to go to my place of business every day.

The only negative while I was there was the internal service. For almost all of my stay, the wired and wireless internet service was very slow or did not work at at all. I complained about it on my second day and was told that it was a hotel-wide problem and that it was going to be fixed. The next day I complained again. The front desk staff apologized and offered me a wifi hotspot for free which I accepted. The wifi hotspot worked perfectly and had unlimited data. I used it for the rest of my stay.

I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are great for the view. I stayed on 15 and that was fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

To sum it up, I'll definitely stay there again next time in HK. I stayed at the residential suites with my big family for 3 nights. Service and room was both excellent. Langham place offers great value. The suite cost just slightly higher than standard room in Central area but with 50 sqm.+space and great attention to details. For example I opened the fridge in the middle of the night looking for some soda but instead I found 3 cups of ice cream there with a tag said " You found me, now I'm yours for free". Of course I finished them all (one cup a night thou). Club L on 36th floor is also the key plus. They offer finger foods and drinks 24/7, Champaigne at 8PM, and foi gras on weekends, everything free. We, as well as most of the suite guests, spent a considerable amount of time there. Heywood, one of the staff there, helped me a great deal with my mother's lost luggage and the minor transportation issue ( not with the hotel). I haven't even mentioned the impressive contemporary Chinese art collection there. It's next to the MTR Mongkok station so central is only 15 mins away.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We returned this week from a wonderful six nights at Langham Place, Mongkok. I highly recommend staying on their club floor - Club L. The lounge is fantasic, service incredible and daily snacks and cocktail hour was second to none. We enjoyed the daily buffet breakfast on the lobby level and location of the hotel is great. Ladies night markets are a must. This is my second stay at Langham Place and I will be back again.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room with Club L access - these are generally on higher floors.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our family of four stayed here recently for 10 days and the service and quality of the hotel is fabulous. Great porter service from the moment we arrived with our baggage, and was immediately checked in and offered a room upgrade to a family room at a very attractive price.

Rooms and bathrooms were impeccably clean and maintained that way during our entire stay.

We love the location as it is within a stone's throw from most of the street eats and casual shopping. The hotel also sits across from its own shopping complex and above the MTR.

They also offered us access to the spa/shower facilities both before check in and after out times which made our arrival/departure time gaps much more comfortable.

All in all my favourite hotel for HK holidays.

Room Tip: Family room/suite were roomy and had great views over Kowloon.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

great location where the MTR is just underground this hotel. only 10 mins walking distant to street shopping area like Fa Yuen Street, Ladies Street and Argyle Center. Awesome service from the friendly and helpful staffs. the room is clean and big enough for 2 person stay. Thumb up !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Good value for money. Nice, clean rooms. Good selection of bars and restaurants and great location. At times the service in the hotel restaurants left a bit to be desired, staff sometimes seemed like they wished they were elsewhere and were a little less attentive than would be normally expected. Check out was very smooth though and overall thought the hotel was good venue for money (though we did get a corporate rate....not sure I would have thought so at 400sgd per night)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!