Our family had planned a trip to Disneyland HK and after reviewing the costs of the various Disney hotels available we decided that we'd be better off in Central or Kowloon. Langham Place was not only well priced, but the service we received was fantastic. We travelled with a 12 month old and a 3.5 year old and we couldn't have picked a better location. There are plenty of reviews of the hotel itself, but wanted to list our family's thoughts on our stay:
1. Location wise: Much more central than staying out at Disneyland, with Mong Kok MTR right underneath the Langham, this made traveling to various points around HK a breeze. It was also easier for us to catch a taxi into Disney each day - much less stress involved.
2. Langham Place has a fantastic shopping mall next door, which includes a very ex-pat friendly supermarket where we were able to buy snacks and supplies. It also has great takeaway on the door step with restaurants and street vendors located around which made for interesting meals rather than eating in every night.
3. The service was amazing. Our little guy turned 1 while we were at the Langham and the staff got wind and delivered a cake to our room which was a lovely touch and really appreciated. The staff were more than happy to deliver extra towels and other sundries when required and the concierge and lobby staff were some of the best I've encountered in Asia (and the US).
4. The rooms. We got a suite which had two king beds and a kitchenette which allowed us to sleep the kids together and also prepare early meals and breakfasts. The view is pretty amazing too!
All in all, a really pleasant trip that was made possible by the staff at the Langham. Definitely look into it, if you're considering a Disney trip, you wont be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Venere, AsiaRooms, Amex, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong