We had a two night/three day stay and the whole experience was positive from the moment we pulled up in the taxi at 8am. Obviously we could not check in because the rooms were not ready but we dumped our luggage and headed off the the attached mall for breakfast and then a swim in the pool. The staff took our cellphone number and phoned as soon as a room was ready so we could get the grandchildren and their parents settled in a room. We were fortunate to meet Chris - one of the customer liaison managers. He was unfailingly friendly, helpful and informative. The rooms were great and did not smell of smoke at all. We all loved the pillows in our rooms. The pool area is fantastic with amazing views and we loved the spa pool area that adjoined it. The other highlight was the breakfast - well worth every penny/cent. The quality and variety of food was fantastic (eggs cooked fresh to customer specifications), the service was top notch, staff so friendly. Travelling with two little people (1 and 3) could have been a challenge but this hotel made it easy. For example my daughter was given a list of age identified toys she could select from and by they time they get into their room (2 hours earlier than check in time) the toys were on the bed - now that is service! The concierge helped with our family trip to Disneyland and we did it on public transport (trains) with a double buggy and would highly recommend it. Only advice at this time of year is take the hotel umbrella - it will serve as a sun shield / rain shield. Also in hindsight as our flight was at midnight we wish we had paid for an extra day so that we could have had our room until 8pm - more for the little people. I am determined to go back to this hotel and spend more time exploring Hong Kong as our time there was too short. On airport transfers - we just got two cabs from the airport to the hotel (arrived approx 6.30/7am) this was the quickest and best option for us - 4 adults / 2 kids and lots of luggage - it cost approx 500 Hong Kong dollars in total.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong