We stayed at the Langham Place for 3 nights in February/March 2013. This hotel is at a great location, in the middle of everything - within easy walking distance to Nathan Road, to the various street markets, to the "bird street" and "fish street", etc. You walk out of the hotel, a few steps away and you get to a street lined with vendors selling fresh vegetable, fruits, meats, seafood, etc. The hotel is connected to a big shopping mall, which is convenient.
The hotel is relatively old. Our room was clean, as expected for this level of hotel, but the carpet showed its age. One thing that bothered me a little was there was the smell of "humidity" in the room - not as bad as mildew, but something. I did not complain since I did not think there was anything they could do. The hotel's service was good. The concierge was very helpful.
There is a 2-star Michelin rated Chinese restaurant "Ming Court" on the 6th floor of the hotel, which served good Chinese food. We had lunch and dinner there once each. The dimsum lunch was delicious. The dinner was good, but for the price I would not rate it excellent, and the service was so-so. There is a restaurant in the mall called "Jasmine Garden" which served excellent dimsum lunch and dinner! It appeared to be quite popular among the locals. We loved the food there better than Ming Court and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong