We stayed at Langham Place, Mongkok, from 25-28 Nov 2012 as a family on vacation. We booked their Club Studio, and when we checked in at 1pm on the 36/F Club Lounge, we were told that the room was not available yet. We were offered drinks and options to rest and relax in the lounge (with food, drinks and massage chair) or we could opt to have our lunch first at the connecting Langham Shopping Mall. Service was prompt, good and sincere by the service staff at the Club Lounge, good first impression.
Upon returning from lunch, we were promptly given our keys and they were nice to give us a room upgrade to 1 bedroom suite, which comes with a fully equipped kitchen, separate living area and 1 bedroom. The kids were excited to discover the little surprises at the suite (the FREE ice-cream at the freezer was a BIG plus, and the humourous sign that reads "You have found me, NOW I am yours for FREE". Service was very prompt when we asked for more slippers, children's bathrobe and our kids were given a kids' set each (a booklet, some stationery and a cap) to keep them occupied.
My boys enjoyed the macaroons and chocolates at the club lounge, and the icing on the cake was the free loan of the ipad which kept them occupied while the parents lazed around to have some free time. They even had a kids playroom just opposite to the club lounge, equipped with potato chips, M&Ms, jelly beans etc, very thoughtful arrangement and layout! The service staff at the Club lounge was top-notch, always happy to serve, and service comes from the heart. We felt welcomed during our entire stay and our boys were extremely sad to leave Langham Mongkok during check out, even though we were checking out to check in at Disneyland HK hotel! During our stay at the Disneyland HK hotel, our boys were still missing Langham, and harping to go back and stay during our next HK trip! To think that kids actually prefer Langham over Disneyland HK Hotel, this says a lot about how happy they were with the hotel. We will DEFINITELY go back soon! THUMBS-UP to the dedicated Langham Mongkok staff! :)
P.S. I travel frequently on business, and I dont normally like to leave review for any hotels, unless the service is EXCEPTIONALLY BAD or GOOD. I must also add that I am quite a fussy traveller as I had stayed in a lot of good hotels in various countries, this Langham Mongkok comes up as one of my top choices, quite effortlessly, kudos to the Langham team!
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place Hotel
- Langham Place Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , AsiaRooms, Priceline, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Langham Place Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.