We are just leaving Hong kong after spending 3 nights at the Langham Place hotels which is the start of our honeymoon to Hong Kong, Phuket and Bangkok.
The Langham Place is wonderful in every aspect. The service is impeccable and all staff are extremely helpful and kind.
The hotel should be complemented on its attention to detail in the rooms with things like a bottle opener, little toiletries, slippers, ice bucket, iron, umbrella, torch..... The list goes on and on!
The only negative I can possible find was at breakfast when, depending on where you were sat and what time you went in, the table might have missing condiments, sugar or milk. The array and quality of food however is very high.
I also though that it was a bit naughty that wifi was not included as " standard " in thus hotel for its guests in at least the public areas if not the rooms.
Location wise it is perfect and a 2 minute walk from Mong Kok Mtr station.
In regards to sight seeing and getting around Hong Kong I would strongly recommend taking the plunge and confidence to do it yourself. We planned our time and days out and managed to pack so much in due to the fab MTR system.
Day 1- Lantau Island for the Big Budda, Tai O fishing village, the cable car, Sky100, the goldfish market and ladies market.
This was certainly a considerably cheaper way of doing things and we could go at our own pace.
We got on the MTR at Mong Kok and bought single tickets to Tung Chung which is on Lantau Island, change lines at Lai King. Purchasing single tickets is easy and very cheap and we were helped by a very kind local. MTR stations have several exits so ensure you know which one to cobe out of, this is made very simple as signs are large and list attractions the exit is for.
On exiting we bought 360 land, see and air tickets which meant we could go to the fishing village, big budda and do the cable car in any order we wanted. We caught the number 11 bus to Tai O, walked around and dud the boat trip ( included in price) then got the number 23 to the big budda. We then got back to the MTR station via the cable car.
We then got the MTR from Tung Chung to Kawloon to go to the Sky100. This was amazing and if you want to visit an array of top designer shops this is also the MTR to get off at.
Cost for 2 people ($HKD)
360 tickets $280
Finally we got the MTR up to Prince Edward to walk down through the goldfish market which then leads onto the ladies market.
Day 2- Star ferry, The Peak and Peak Tram, Avenue of stars, Kawloon park, temple market and night light cruise.
We got the MTR from Mong Kok to Tsim Sha Tsui and over to the Star Ferry Terminal. Make sure you go upper deck. We got the short ferry ride over to Hing Kong island and then made our way to the Peak Tram ( also where Madam Tussards is ) once we had done this we made our way back to the Central MTR station and back over to Tsim Sha Tsui and walking through the subway to the East station. We had a walk down the Avenue is Stars and then headed on foot to Kawloon Park and Temple Market. We then heading back to Pier 3 ( near the clock tower ) to catch the night light cruise we had booked.
Cost for 2 people ($HKD)
Star Ferry $7.20
Peak Tram $130
Starlight Cruise $620
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place Hong Kong
- Langham Place Hotel
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Amex, AsiaRooms, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.