“wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong to your Saves list
Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LINGER LONGER!
Ranked #9 of 645 hotels in Hong Kong
Oklahoma City
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Langham Palace is an excellent luxury hotel in the vibrant Mong Kok section of Hong Kong, The service and room was truly exceptional.Tthe concierge staff is outstanding as is the personalized service provided pre and post visit via email. ( I have never experienced that in any other of the luxury hotels I have stayed at worldwide usually you get a canned email message if you are lucky!) ) It is a short walk to the Bird Garden. Flower Market Street, the Ladies Market and and several Temples. the MTR (Hong Kong's superb and inexpensive rapid transit system) is less than 1 block away. An excellent hotel in a fascinating part of town, Highly recommended!

Room Tip: They have rooms that sleep 3, in either King and double configuraton or 3 doubles!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

3,746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

For many years I stayed in downtown Tsim Sha Tsui before discovering the delights of Langham Place hotel and Mongkok. The hotel itself is an absolute gem. I often travel solo and my security is important. LPMK has a direct connection to the MTR and no matter how late I arrive 'home' I always feel safe. If your budget allows, book a Club room with 24hr access to Club L...absolute bliss after a hard day shopping and you will be looked after beautifully by the super efficient and friendly staff - who are also discreet if they see you want privacy. And the catering is to die for (I wish I could post a photo of the afternoon tea delights)
This hotel gets it right every time ... super clean rooms cared for by friendly cleaning staff who go out of their way to make sure your room is just how you like it and a concierge desk manned by staff who know absolutely everything. LPMK is in the perfect location - close to Ladies market, jade market, flower market, kitchen street, and all those popular spots - either in walking distance or just a few stops away by MTR. Train travel here is safe and fast - my preferred way to get around, as the taxis are sometimes held up in traffic and its just so easy from LPMK to access the MTR.
Do I love this hotel ? Absolutely ! Would I stay anywhere else in .Hong Kong? No!

Room Tip: Try for a Club Room with access to Club L ...but I've never had a bad room yet. A tip for non C...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney,Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in a suite for 3 nights on a pay 2 nights get 3 nights deal.This represented great value - it was a genuine 2 room suite with an open plan kitchen/lounge room and a separate bedroom with a spacious bathroom.The MTR station is accessed entirely underground via the adjoining Langham Place Mall so just get an Octopus card and you can go everywhere quite easily.Taxis are also cheap but traffic seems to be congested most of the time.

Access to the club lounge was included - absolutely superb, open 24 hours for weary jet lagged travellers, all day snacks that are substantial and generous, open bar all day with champagne during the evening cocktail hours.A worthwhile benefit.There were also lots of complementary goodies in the room like ice cream in the freezer, little gifts at turndown.

Concierges particularly those at the 1865 desk were excellent - advice was accurate and reliable, most staff we met had a "can do" attitude.Only minor niggle was that our room was not serviced until after 4 pm and we had to call to ask them to do it. They said they were busy doing rooms for incoming guests, I didn't think that was a good excuse and appeared to point to understaffing in the housekeeping department.

Mongkok street life is crazy busy but that is part of its charm, lots of locals , easy walk to lots of markets.Not much is open in the morning but if you feel like a walk before the crowds I can recommend the flower markets (Flower Market Road).

Room Tip: Club access is great value plus will get you a room on a higher floor where urban views are spectac...
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Check-in was a breeze and the duty manager personally welcomed us. Got a free room upgrade and late check-out. Right smack in the center of Hongkong's shopping district. Adjacent to the Langham Place Mall and the MTR station. Well maintained and decent size rooms!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in a Club Room at Langham Place Mongkok at the end of our vacation and I can honestly say we didn't want to leave.

This was our 2nd visit to Hong Kong as a tourist and I must admit I had my reservations about staying in Mongkok having previously stayed in Tsim Tsam Shui which is perhaps more central for tourists. I knew that Langham Place Hotel was closely located to the MTR but I guess until I got there I didn't quite realise how conveniently located for the MTR the hotel was. The MTR can be accessed via the fantastic Langham Place mall without stepping outside, albeit on a few occasions we did go to the MTR via the Mongkok madness as it was a bit quicker than the entrance via the mall.

Since I have started on location I will mention the location. Mongkok is a really vibrant area where many people actually live and work, so it is an interesting place to see a bit of the real Hong Kong. My other half loved stepping outside the hotel and exploring all of the nearby hardware stores. We must be the only tourists to take some tools home as a souvenir. The area comes alive at night as many of the younger locals shop / eat in Mongkok after work. Nathan Road is a must visit as long as you are prepared for the inevitable numerous approaches for fake watches and handbags.

Additionally, Mongkok is where a number of Hong Kong's infamous markets are, such as Ladies Market, and is very close to the Temple Street market and the Wet market. The hotel offers a free of charge evening walking tour of Mongkok which unfortunately due to a lack of time we didn't get a chance to take. Location wise I therefore think the hotel ticks all the boxes given the proximity to the MTR. I will always stay on the Kowloon side as it looks over to the amazing HK island skyline, and now that I am acquainted with the hustle and bustle of HK I have no reservations about staying in Mongkok given the gem that is Langham Place Hotel.

As for the interior of the hotel our room was pretty nice. When you visit Hong Kong you know space as at a premium and this room was more spacious than where we stayed at previously. The bathroom had a nice large bath which was a pleasant surprise. The main advantage of the room was the stunning view across Mongkok and across to HK island. Having booked a club room our room was on the 36th floor so our view was fabulous. We didn't feel the need to scale any of the observation decks we visited previously on our last visit as our view from the room was fantastic.

Our stay was undoubtedly as great as it was due to the fact that we booked a club room. I tend to spend a lot of time selecting a hotel but usually book the cheapest room available and usually without breakfast. In this case I booked the club room and I am so glad that I did. The club rooms start on the 36th floor so you benefit from the height. You also get the benefit of checking in / out via the 36th floor reception and get a late checkout at 2pm; the late checkout was invaluable for us as we had a late one on our last night. Additionally, the main benefit of Club L is the inclusive food and drink. As well as being able to take your breakfast in the quieter club lounge, snacks / drinks are available throughout the day. Afternoon tea is served and the main thing we took advantage of was the cocktail hour (well 2 hours) between 6-8pm where champagne / wine is free flowing, and canapes / snacks (think Italian style apperitif) is served. The food was good and I certainly had a few glasses of champers. My husband and I also enjoyed a nightcap with alcohol being available through to 1am.

No review of this hotel would be complete without mentioning the spa / facilities. The view from the hotel pool on the roof is breakthtaking and the rest of the spa is very tranquil / relaxing. Hong Kong is such an amazing city and as a tourist there is so much to see that you might not have time to go to the pool. My recommendation is that you make the time as it was a great experience. As we only had 3.5 days in the city we almost didn't make the pool but I asked the staff on checkout if we could use the pool. I was pleased that the staff were more than happy to let us use the pool. The pool is of a decent size and the jacuzzi was lovely. The view from the pool area was the highlight of our stay at the hotel.

In summary, Langham Place Mongkok is a great, trendy hotel with excellent location in a vibrant location in Hong Kong. The staff are typically young, keen and eager to please their guests. I'm not sure our staff would have been the stay if it had not been for the club room and club L, so I would strongly recommend that you spend the extra on the club room as it really is worth it.

I still have unfinished business as a tourist in Hong Kong and when I return I will definitely stay at the Langham Place Hotel.

Room Tip: Book a club room - worth the extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LPHKG, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hi Laineylop,

Hope your souvenir tools have come in handy at home! Indeed Mongkok is juxtaposed with markets and stores selling almost everything under the sun and it’s great that your experience with us outside as well as in was exactly to you and your husband’s liking, especially our Club L where our team keenly awaits your return to help with your ‘unfinished business’!

Regards,
Simon
Perth, WA, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife, two year old daughter and I stayed at Langham Place as a bit of treat in a Club L suite enroute to UK for a couple of nights. We could not fault the level of detail in our room and were pleased with the baby products and other complimentary items. All staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to assist, even providing a replacement cot when the one provided had a fault during the second night. As we had a late flight out they provided full access to store our items and freshen up in the spa area after a busy day of exploring. We would certainly recommend the hotel for families looking for a bit extra for their next holiday.

Room Tip: Go for a room with Club L privileges
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Helsinki - Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Langham Place Hong Kong is a hotel situated in Mongkok. The 5-star hotel experience was a very pleasant one due to several factors.

Access to the hotel from the airport as well as with MTR is very easy due to a close proximity to MTR station (almost on top of Mongkok station) as well as to the highway that takes you to the airport.

Mongkok is one of my favorite areas of Hong Kong, so you are right in the middle of more "traditional" Hong Kong street action than perhaps in the Golden mile or in Hong Kong island. You got Ladies market, Goldfish market and all shopping streets within a few minutes walking distance but also a huge 15-story mall in the same block as Langham hotel, with an easy walkway bridge from the lobby to the mall.

The hotel itself has all the basic necessities one could expect from a 5 star hotel, staff was very kind and attentive and my room was bigger than most normal size hotel rooms in Hong Kong. Everything was clean in my room, everything worked, wireless was free, room safe had power connection for computers etc.

If you know your way around Hong Kong and enjoy the excellent MTR system, then this should be on your list of suitable hotels. For first timers, I would perhaps recommend to book a room from more "traditional sites" near Victoria harbor and Hong Kong islan. For business travelers this hotel was certainly a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!