Langham Place hotel offers excellent customer service, superbly clean facilities at a great location. The hotel is connected to a large shopping mall with many fast casual dining options and a nice grocery store with many U.S. products. The subway is also in the basement of the mall making getting around very easy. This hotel is not located by the waterfront, main train station (for transferring to Mainland China) or convention center, but the subway takes you there with ease.
We stayed in a double room for one night. The rooms are not large, but they have plenty of space for everything as they have been well designed. The bathroom wall is glass and has a curtain into the room which gives a lot of extra light and makes the room feel even bigger. The shower and tub are split. The shower had excellent water pressure. The bar soap holders were even a unique design allowing for the water to properly drain off and not leave a gooey mess. The hotel provides an iPhone to lend out for navigating around town. In room Wi-Fi was included with our room. It connected easily and was fast. The air conditioning worked well and everything was conveniently controllable from a panel next to the bed. The business center loans out iPad for use on property.
We also used the workout room. It is located at the top of the hotel so you can workout surrounded by stunning views. Each locker room had a sauna.
The only low point for me was the breakfast buffet. They intend to provide coffee service, but it was poor service. Many guests ended up trying to work the coffee machines on their own because the wait was so long. The food was not on the level of the Langham we stayed at in New Zealand. I did enjoy the machine that baked single pancakes. The options seems limited for such an expensive buffet.
If you only have one night in Hong Kong or want to splurge on a shopping visit, this would be the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004 and rising 42-storys from the epicenter of Mongkok, the Langham Place Hotel features spectacular views of the Kowloon peninsular and the breath-taking backdrop of Victoria Harbour. Rooms feature oversized baths, blissful beds and large plasma screen televisions. Alongside a lexicon of technological treats including state-of-the-art IP phones you can update with photos, flight details and more before you arrive, and there's a mobile version you can take anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong