I stayed during the last 8 years often at the Langham Place. It is always like coming home when I arrive here.
What I like:
* Location: Mongkok is great. You are close to MTR and train station when you want to head towards Shenzhen. It is even easy to go by public transport to the airport.
* Rooms: Enough space, even the standard rooms. Well designed and decorated. Nevertheless some rooms are a little bit worn. Always clean.
* Spa and gym: Gym is nice, not outstanding. Spa offers good treatments, but not cheap. Sometimes I don't see a good value proposition...
* Langham Place Club: Nice lounge, continuous improvements. One of the better hotel clubs in HK. Good food, middle priced wines, good selection. AND: Outstanding team. The club team makes everything possible. You can ask for everything, they help you. I didn't have seen such an engagement in a hotel before.
* Service and team: Outstanding. The Langham Place team makes the difference. As said before the club team is great. But also waiters, concierge, etc. are friendly, competent and supportive.
Ming Court: Very good restaurant. But even with 2 Michelin stars it isn't my favorite. I miss the "easy going" of the hotel.
Tokoro: Yes, this is the langham place style: Good japanese food and outstanding beef. Mr Hirayama is an excellent chef de cuisine. If you are there, then give them a try.
* Pricing: Compared with other 5* hotels in HK Langham Place offers a very good value for your money. I'm used to Grand Hyatt and Shangrila, too. Both are mostly more expensive.
* Summary: Very good hotel. It is not a classic "Grand" hotel, it is a superb place to stay and to enjoy HK.