“Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong

You added Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong to your Saves list
Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BOOK NOW – UP TO 20% OFF
Ranked #11 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 4,060 Reviews
Singapore
“Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

If you are willing to spend a bit more than the average on accommodation, this is a good choice to consider. Good choice is based on location and quality of service.

The location - above Mongkok MTR - direct link from the Mongkok MTR station via escalator. There are several places at the shopping mall where you can find good food and dessert. There is a Chinese restaurant in the shopping mall that serves excellent dim-sum in the morning for breakfast.

Quality of service - the staff at Langham Place, Mongkok provides excellent service. From housekeeping to front desk to bellboys (hotel porters), they are well-trained, courterous and sincere.

Will go back to Langham Place, Mongkok again when I am back in Hong Kong.

Kenneth
Singapore

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

From the moment you arrive you are greeted by concierge who take care of your luggage and arrange check-in. The club "L" is definitely worth the extra expense and the invitation only 1865 club is well worth joining.

There's something unique about this hotel - it genuinely feels like a home away from home. The service is impeccable - the 3 star Michelin restaurant is exquisite. The rooms are spacious and it's location to Mongkok MTR mean transport from Mongkok to Central is 15 minutes away.

Expect to be greeted by name upon arrival. There is nothing the staff cannot do in order to service your every need. The Langham hotel is everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. I cannot name a single fault. Perfection at it's finest!

Room Tip: Club "L" is worth every cent!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I will start by saying the location of Langham place is very good and my children loved the pool but I was less than impressed to be told I would have to pay more when I turned up to check in !

I had booked online with the hotels website for me and my children aged 8 and 10.I had a confirmation email for a booking for 3 peoplel and had paid so was not happy to be told my room only fits 2people and I would have to pay more.I ended up paying an extra £250 this was despite me emailing prior to booking to check the room was for 3 when 32 options for 3people came up on the website.the receptionist told me I should not of booked on their website I should have called.novel advice indeed!

So all in all if you are 3 people the hotels advice it seems is don't use the website and mine too unless you want to pay more !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ShaunLPHK, General Manager at Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Hi FREDAUk,

Sorry to hear of some confusion at check-in. Perhaps we could discuss off-line, as all of our rooms can take 3 guests, even with an extra roll away bed. So would like to understand the details a bit more, and hopefully address your concern.

Shaun Campbell
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I had a stop-over in Hong kong on my way to New Zealand from 20-22 July, I chose this hotel because of the reviews.
I arrived early so my room was not ready, I was directed to the spa. Wow absolutely
wonderful!!!!! Great Staff. The Changing room area is lovely loads and loads of massive towels. Wonderful showers, everything provided shampoo, conditioner and shower Gel in containers in the shower. Just what you need after a long flight. A locker to store things. There is a spa/jacuzzi in the changing rooms. Body lotion, hair gel etc, hairdryer. A welcoming environment.
The staff on reception are very efficient. If you are standing in reception someone will ask if they can help you.
The rooms are comfortable I think mine was standard but not sure. It had everything even a computer keyboard, ipod, espresso machine which i can recommend. If you run out of anything they will gladly replace it and very promptly.
When I booked I requested a room away from elevators etc and my room was a long walk from the elevators.
I ate in the restaurant on same floor as reception cant remember the name, huge variety, chocolate fountain. Cost HK$490 so not cheap but good if you are a big eater , im not but i could have chosen a la carte. Restaurant very busy so good turnover of food.
I also ate in Cantonese restaurant at the hotel which was also very good lovely service. I was on my own and they offerred me a newspaper/magazine. Gave me complimentary sweet/dessert.
I took the Airport bus which cost HK$31 free wireless on bus. Took about 45mins and 1 minute walk to hotel so ok if you dont have suitcase. Return journey i used hotel bus HK141 1hr 20mins.
When I return to Hong Kong I will return to Langham Place Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Langham Place in Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong has become my home away from home in Hong Kong. The hotel is luxurious, the service is fabulous, and there are
special advantages for the business traveler. The hotel connects to a shopping mall
which has many stores and restaurants, a wonderful food market carrying foods from
around the world as well as fresh dairy products, fresh produce, and bakery goods, and
an MTR subway station.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
melb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is my 3rd stay at this wonderful property right in the heart of Mongkok, Kowloon. From check in to check out it was seamless and the staff made me feel welcomed. I booked to stay in their Vital Place room but it was not available as we arrived in Hong Kong early. We were asked if we wished to upgrade to their Prime Place room which was available. That was the best decision ever as the room was simply awesome. It was a corner room on the 28th floor with floor to ceiling windows and the views were simply amazing as it offered uninterrupted views. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the bed linen soft. The room also had a small kitchenette with a microwave and sink. It was bliss to return to this quiet and comfortable haven after a day of shopping and walking in this bustling and vibrant city.The room was always ready and cleaned on our return. I cannot fault the staff on their efficiency and warmth in their customer service. I would definitely return to stay at this wonderful property again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Was a beautiful restful hotel in such a bustling city. Directly above shopping mall and across road from MTR station, close to markets and shops. I arrived early, soaking wet and bedraggled but staff still greeted me warmly and arranged for me to use spa facility to get dry and changed until my room was ready. Great rooftop pool, serene spa, generous sized rooms very nicely appointed, lots of lovely art and scents throughout hotel areas. Couldn't complain at all and looked forward to getting back to hotel each day. Staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!