“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Grand Stanford

You added InterContinental Grand Stanford to your Saves list
InterContinental Grand Stanford
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.70 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Itunesjamie
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is well positioned to explore Kowloon area. The hotel was undergoing refurbishment which the reception informed me, but my travel booking company did not. The reception staff gave me a room with a great view of Hong Kong from my room window. The room was tired, but as stated the hotel was undergoing a refurbishment , so unfair to complain. I was able connect with a great jogging track across from the hotel along the shoreline of Kowloon. The wifi was not free , but was good, breakfast was excellent, though reception area could do with checking the AC's as it was very humid in this area, compared to other hotels in the area which had better AC in the reception area. Overall it was good location and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Itunesjamie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you found your stay enjoyable and enjoyed the jogging area, I thank you for highlighting the lobby temperature we are currently looking at solutions to improve this.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed here numerous times for good reasons. Staff are efficient, friendly and helpful - rooms are clean, modern with everything you need and beds are comfy! If you are lucky enough to get a room with a harbour view the night time spectacle of the Hong Kong skyline is breathtaking. In house restraints are fab (try the duck in Chinese restraint!). Conveniently located for MTR stations, Star Ferry and within walking distance of local shopping and museums. A perfect place to stay - I love it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear LADYLUCINDA,

We are delighted to see at the end of your review that you wrote “A perfect place to stay - I love it!” We are humbled by your very flattering review and hope you will return again soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I often stay in HK for business and this is the hotel that I use most often. Based in TST on the Kowloon side it is very conveniently located and is only minutes in a cab to Harbour City - great for shopping!
The rooms are always kept very tidy and clean and I have always found it to be a quiet hotel when you are in the rooms - there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise on the floors unless you are near the lift shaft.
The food in Café on M is great - but make sure that you book for weekend / evenings as there is a buffet as well as Al a carte menu available and the buffet is very popular. Breakfast always has a really wide selection.
Tiffanys bar is great for an early or late drink - I find that it either is a bit too quiet and no atmosphere or there are singers in there with the microphones turned up ridiculously loudly so I avoid it between the hours of 8 and 11!
The bathrooms could do with an update - I am told there are certain floors that have glass walk in showers but I always seem to get a room with the bath and the shower curtain *shudders* - why haven't these unhygienic things been banned yet?
Staff are always incredibly helpful and unlike hotels over the border there are never hard feelings when I arrive and haven't managed to get local money yet and can't tip just yet!

Room Tip: Not too near the lifts which can be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear LoveToShopLondon,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong and for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the rest of the online community.

I see from your review that you stay here with us regularly, I would like to ask you if you could email me on the below address.

Hope Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Overall a positive rating but mainly because for breakfast , tea and pre-dinner drinks we were isolated from many of the guests staying at this large hotel in Kowloon with access to the Intercontinental Club. The lobby is large , noisy and generally full of locals and Chinese which means there is no quiet area by the main entrance.
The rooms are smallish but contain everything one needs and the wifi is also included if you have access to the Club. The showers are powerful with a bench seat and there are always plenty of towels. The hotel has a couple of decent restaurants ( Cantonese and Italian ) - we ate in the Cantonese Restaurant which was quite OK but nothing special. Our room had a nice view over the water and was not at all noisy but the key to a successful stay at this hotel is access to the Club where the staff are efficient , helpful and where the food and drinks served are good.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the water on the 8th floor or above with access to the Intercontinental Club...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael J,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong for a few days we are thankful also for your feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

Your highlight on our Breakfast , Afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks in our Club InterContinental lounge is appreciated, we are sorry that you found Hoi King Heen to be ok and were not overly impressed.

We also thank you for your highlight on our staff in the Club InterContinental lounge, here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at the Hotel for 4N and had a very pleasant stay. Very well located within walking distance from the TST MTR / Avenue of Stars / etc.
Check-in / Check-out was very smooth and the desk staff very friendly.
The Bell Boys were a big disappointment - rang the bell and kept my luggage outside the room. I had to drag them in and then they expected me to tip them - the young man did not budge till I did not give him something. This is not expected.
Rooms were big compared to what is generally available in HK - comfortable for 2 Adults and 2 Children. Breakfast was well spread and service was excellent. They even catered to our special requests.
But the major disappointment was the Concierge - he did not have the correct attitude to help us - I did feel an racial undercurrent. I might be raising a very serious allegation but am firm about my opinion.
No free WIFI inspite of this being available across HK free of cost. Not expected for in-house guests.
One must take advantage of the free hotel shuttle service.

Room Tip: Must take rooms on a higher floor - lower floor rooms have no view. Stay here only for its location.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear AshwinBagla,

Warm Greetings from the entire team at the InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong! Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 4 night visit to Hong Kong and for taking the time to share your review with us and with the tripadvisor community.

I appreciate you brining to our attention our concierge and bell, I assure you that I will look into this and take corrective action.

I hope that you will return again as we look forward to welcome you both back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Can find no fault, check in and out was very prompt, pleasant and smiles were visible throughout.

Harbor view room was good but the housekeeping service made it superb! My personal stuffs were nicely arranged and extra amenities were given without being asked.

TST station is just 10 mins walk and plenty of bars/restaurants nearby. Take advantage of the free airport shuttle which runs every 12 mins, excellent!

Will definitely return...

Stayed July 2014
Dear Tonelim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to see that you found our housekeeping department to be the ones who made your stay memorable. Your encouraging review motivate the team and on behalf of the management I thank you for that.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is located just steps away from the far end of the TST Promenade and the Avenue of Stars providing great access to transportation and attractions; including the Hong Kong Museum of Art and the beautiful Kowloon Park.

The rooms were spacious and spotless. Hotel offers 24-hour room service which was very welcome after a midnight arrival.

The breakfast buffet is lavish, well organized and hot foods are hot; not always something you find.

There's a pleasant lobby bar with live piano for pleasant relaxing after a busy day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jwaite212,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your encouraging review helps us to constantly strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests’ to indulge in the best they deserve.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Been to InterContinental Grand Stanford? Share your experiences!