“My "Go-To" place in Hong Kong!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Grand Stanford

You added InterContinental Grand Stanford to your Saves list
InterContinental Grand Stanford
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.70 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 1,211 Reviews
San Jose, California
“My "Go-To" place in Hong Kong!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stay at this property every time I am in Hong Kong, and for good reason. The location is hard to beat... just across the harbor from a world class view of the stunning Hong Kong skyline. Minutes away from the Avenue of the Stars and the TST MTR station. Neighborhood abounds in shopping and restaurants. It's only minutes away from the Nathan Road shopping complexes. Finally, the airport express that drops you off at Kowloon has a free shuttle to and from the hotel.

Check-in is always pleasant, with smiling faces and respectful recognition. The hotel lobby is impressive and wide open in architecture.

Rooms are spacious and if you are lucky to be on the harbor side, the rooms have a magnificent view! Comfortable beds, nice amenities in the decent sized bathroom. Rooms are quiet and you can certainly enjoy a relaxed night's sleep here.

Hotel feels welcoming, secure and very comfortable. The bar is cozy and has quite a nice collection of single-malt Scotch. Bartenders are friendly. I have not eaten at the restaurants in the hotel.

It's not cheap but it's worth the premium that it commands. And it's certainly cheaper than other hotels I would consider to be its peers. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would readily recommend this well managed property to anyone in this price range.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor-facing room on a high floor if possible. Worth paying a small fee for the upgrade...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear bn1511,

Warm Greetings from the entire team at the InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and with the tripadvisor community, we are pleased that you choose us your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong. Your highlights on our location, property and amenities are appreciated as is your observation on our staff.

I hope that you will return again soon, please email me before you return.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

For some reason, they just decided to upgrade to us to a room with a view. An the view was spectacular. It was like a front seat show to Harbour View and it so beautiful you would not want to leave your room.

Their chocolate cookies which is a part of their welcome drinks are so good. It's enough reason to stay here again.

Service is quite good. Although I would appreciate if internet was free.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lexbonife,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and with the tripadvisor community, we share all reviews with the team and your review is showed us that the little touches make a difference for our guests.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here for business in February. I was a bit sceptical as I usually stayed at Sheraton in TST being a Platinum SPG member. As I was only a gold with IHG I thought I would give this hotel a try. It turned out to be a rather nice experience.

My arrival was via MTR from Kowloon on the free airport bus. My advice is don't take the bus from Kowloon but rather the taxi as it's not that far. The free airport bus stops at about 5/6 hotels before Intercontinental and if the traffic is bad, it takes more than an hour to get from Kowloon.

The hotel is located in East TST and the building is quite grand. There is a main road that runs at the back of the hotel facing the harbour which can be a bit noisy, I didn't get a harbour view room but one that's facing the front of the hotel. The road in front of the hotel is not a busy one. The view is another shopping/office block which to me is fine.

The check is was good. The lady at the Reception speaks very good English. I was given free internet and drink coupon for being IHG Gold member. My room is quite nice and spacious, think I was upgraded too. The bed is clean and comfortable. The bathroom has all the amenities. Nothing to fault in terms of the room.

The location is to me a little away from TST. It's a 7 mins walk to East TST station but bearing in mind that is the entrance of the station. It then takes about 10 mins walk to the trains! That's what Hong Kong stations are usually like. The underground passage are huge and takes forever to actually get to the train station. The opposite direction takes you to Hung Hom station, again a good 15 mins walk. Directly opposite the hotel, hidden away is a pedestrianise area with lots of restaurants and places to shop. Also a few bakery.

I like the hotel and might stay again but may try another closer to the action of TST, Kowloon

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear R L,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong.

We appreciate your detailed review, which we are sure will help other travelers.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Calif.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a perfect harbor view... awakening to the view every morning for a week, enjoying the view at night with the lights , in a very well appointed room with all the comforts. The service was friendly , helpful , excellent staff. We were given tea /etc while we waited for our room at 11 am, early arrival and they had the room finished within minutes. We were a few minute walk to the MTR, got a week long senior pass and thoroughly enjoyed our week in Hongkong. The tour desk/Grayline, was very helpful as was the concierge desk. Getting a taxi took seconds. We relaxed in the bar , happy hour inc entertainment. A perfect view, awesome room, great service , what more could one ask ? Stay here!!!

Room Tip: Full Harbor view... well worth it !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear allipali62,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong for a few days we are thankful also for your feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We appreciate you enjoyed awaking daily for a week to the harbour view, not forgetting the lights at night; we agree that it is spectacular. In addition we thank you for the feedback on the staff and service, especially our tour desk.

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a friends birthday. We had a wonderful time thanks to the care and attention by the manager John Drummond and his excellent staff team. We found all the staff from the concierge, front desk, room service, housekeeping and the restaurants to be professional, polite and helpful. The hotel has a traditional feel which is welcoming and well maintained. We had lunch at the other Intercontinental and found this to be large, contemporary and impersonal so it does depend on your preference.
We had a room overlooking the harbour (as booked). The room was modern, spotless and contained everything a traveller could possibly need. We appreciated the nightly turn down service. We would not hesitate to return to this hotel on a heartbeat so I can thoroughly recommend it to others. The breakfast is up there with the best that we have ever experienced (and we travel a lot). An extensive buffet all freshly prepared and well displayed - fabulous. We were able to visit all the sites on our agenda using various modes of transport quite easily. The concierge were very helpful in providing maps,directions and making recommendations. All in all a great stay - Thank you

Stayed January 2014
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Soozysue,

Thank you very much for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your preferred hotel for your Hong Kong visit. We are delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate that you have taken your valuable time to share your experience with other travelers online.

I appreciate you highlighting our staff’s helpfulness in making your stay more memorable.

We all hope that you both will return for the next birthday celebration as we look forward to welcoming you back. At any time in the future I can assist with any arrangements please feel free to email me at any time.

Best Wishes and Regards,
Indianapolis, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We arrived in the afternoon and had a very nice reception at the Ambassador check in. I was informed that even as a Royal Ambassador that since I was using a free night cert that no real benefits would apply, only paid nights. This is within the terms of the program but a good reason why I stick with Hilton as my first choice in hotel programs. As we proceeded with check in the agent informed me that being my first stay they could upgrade me to a suite but it wasn't ready yet so we could check in later or take a regular room, we elected to go shopping and take the suite upgrade.

As we started to explore the area around the hotel it is an area that we were not familiar with despite being regular visitors to Hong Kong and we liked it a lot. Plenty of shopping and varied dining options in the immediate area and just a quick walk to the main shopping areas of Kowloon. They did mention something about a shuttle but we just walk as it is not really very far.

Once we returned another agent immediately knew who we were and had our room key ready and off to our room we went. Despite the room upgraded which we appreciated it was very dated décor even though it was well kept and clean.

As this was only a one night stay the only dining we did in the hotel was room service breakfast which was a great value we thought since room service at any hotel can be very expensive but it was reasonable here especially considering the quality and the quantity of food.

I am not sure I will stay at this property again given the rooms as I can easily get rooms like this for a lower price in Hong Kong but I will say that I have never had service this good at any Hong Kong property so that does count for something.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mcgahat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and with the online community.

We are delighted to know that you have chosen us as your preferred hotel whilst in Hong Kong. We are also pleased that our staff recognized you upon your return to the hotel, I would like to recommend that on future visits you try our Premier Harbour view rooms, I assure you that you will not be disappointed as these rooms have just been recently renovated.

Here at the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The best customer service I have ever experienced in this wonderful hotel. The staff are so willing to help and nothing is too much trouble - it absolutely puts the UK to shame and I can't imagine what people from Hong Kong must think when they visit.......

My only complaint was about the breakfasts not being hot enough but this was put right after I spoke to a manager and then received personal service for the next three mornings.

Stayed February 2014
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Michaelbristol,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and with the tripadvisor community, we share all reviews with the team and your review is touching, on behalf of the entire team thank you.

We are also pleased that our staff were able to rectify the breakfast for you, showing us that our service recovery does actually work, I hope that you will return again as we look forward to welcome you both back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Been to InterContinental Grand Stanford? Share your experiences!