I stayed in The Grand Stanford three nights in October 2013. In and out one night (10/03/13) - returned later for two night stay (10/06/13 and 10/07/13). I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years - my best guess - at least on nine separate visits to Hong Kong. The welcome from the bell service to check in to valet was excellent. Room was great and well furnished. Bathroom was large - with shower only (thankfully - I hate bath tubs). Lots of towels as well. The 2nd part of my trip - I was upgraded to a harbor view - and what a view it is.
The buffet breakfast on the mezzanine was great - everything you could ever want.
When checking out the 1st night - I left my Rx sunglasses. I called from Shenzhen to inform the hotel. When I returned - a member of management brought the glasses to my room. I tried to tip - but the gentleman said absolutely not. Outstanding customer service.
I hope to return in a few years - but frankly the 15+ hour trip takes a toll on my sadly-aging body. When I return - I will absolutely stay at the Grand Stanford - my home away from home in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong was one of the first hotels on the Tsim Sha Tsui East waterfront of Victoria Harbour and still sets the standard for excellence in Hong Kong. As part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, the five-star hotel is nestled in a quiet corner of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East.The hotel is within easy reach of all major transportation systems including the world-famous Star Ferry and MTR. Situated 10 minutes away from the East Tsimshatsui Station and Hung Hom Station, the hotel also offers complimentary shuttle bus service to Nathan Road and major shopping malls along Canton Road within Tsimshatsui area. A prime locale puts you in easy reach of Central, Jade Market, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Kowloon Park and Hong Kong Science Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong