“Only some details missing to be perfect :-)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

You added Grand Hyatt Hong Kong to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Harbour Road, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free
Ranked #17 of 692 Hotels in Hong Kong
Paris, France
“Only some details missing to be perfect :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall, my week at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong was almost perfect, there are only some details to be improved so my stay would have been excellent.

From the moment you arrive to the airport and they organize a car to pick you up every step makes the experience great. Most of the staff (with a couple of exceptions) are amazing and you feel like they truly care about you.

All the staff are really attentive. The people at the business center are particularly good at their job, as well as the people from the laundry/dry cleaning. They truly do an amazing job!

The rooms are OK in terms of size and I got one of the newly redesigned rooms, so nothing to complain about the furniture or decoration; nevertheless soundproofing needs to be improved because you can hear your neighbors particularly in the shower/bath area.

There is also an entertainment system missing...somewhere to plug your iPod/iPhone; having a new designed room you could imagine they would have thought of improving that.

Telephones are really outdated. My main line was not working and I could barely hear anything every time I use any of the other phones. The Internet is also quite slow.

The fitness center was under renovations but they arranged for us to use the Renaissance's just next door. Unfortunately, when they reopened the one from the Grand Hyatt I realized that the Renaissance's might be smaller but it was better equipped and arranged.

There are heavy constructions going on next door, but nothing outside of normal hours so it's not bothering.

Room service is good, but Concierge needs to be improved...it's not at the level of other hotels I've stayed at.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is one of those wonderful 5 star hotels that would suit business or leisure travel. out agent mucked up our booking and we arrived a day earlier than the booking and the hotel were simply brilliant. They didn't blink, they just provided professional and courteous service to rectify a problem created by others. Great day spa, gym and pool area. Dining options were very good also.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My first visit back to this hotel in over 27 years and it didn't disappoint.In those days amazing view from the Regency floor of the harbour and Kai Tak airport plus one's own small swimming pool on the 36th floor-all on account. This time on my account and it didn't disappoint!! The view is now somewhat shrouded by the exhibition centre but the food and service worth the mileage from the UK. I was given a room on the 11th floor and totally enjoyed my stay. I greatly look forward to a return trip very soon. Thank you!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
grandhyatthongkong, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Mr Thomas

A very warm welcome back to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We are very pleased to see you again and hear that your experience remains as impressive as the past visits. Though the view and the location have changed, it is wonderful to hear the food and the service did not disappoint. We are glad that your stay with us was totally enjoyed, and we too look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Oakland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked into the Grand Hyatt after an early arrival. Although they didn't have a room for me I grabbed breakfast at the extensive breakfast buffet and by the time I was done my room was ready.

The only hitch in the check-in was the room I was assigned had a issue, the refrigerator had been leaking water and the carpet was moldy. I knew I would not be able to stay in that room so a quick call to the front desk and they moved me to another room that had become available. The rooms are decent sized with a nice view of the harbor. I was attending a conference so I wasn't in my room that much.

The conference facilities are topnotch, and the food in the hotel was excellent. We ate that Katsu, the Japanese restaurant twice and it was excellent. The TeppanRoom is amazing and I highly recommend it.

Over the three days we were there the food continued to be excellent. Every conference break and lunch offered extensive Chinese and western options, the staff was very friendly and helpful and I have no complaints. The spa and pool facilities were also very nice.

The only possible downside is the construction across the street is ongoing and massive, so expect noise if you are facing the harbor. They told me it will be complete in two years with a new metro station right across the street.

If you're looking for a very good, full service business hotel I can highly recommend the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from the construction on the harbor side. As always if possible preview your room...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
grandhyatthongkong, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear NeverBetter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community. We appreciate your compliments on the team, conference facilities so as the dining options. Except Kaetsu and The Teppanroom, you may like to try our other restaurants which offer a variety of authentic cuisines during your next visit. We appreciate your understanding of the government construction nearby, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As for the last 15 years this is a fine property with a great location. Great personalised service. Their rooms have been upgraded. The restaurants have great choices. Room service needs to get better as variety of the food is limited. renovations are on going and there is no noise for a guestswho want to sleep. As always fantastic views on the harbour side rooms.

Dear travelinginAPJ

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your compliments on the guestroom, harbour view, restaurants and the service. While we are thrilled to hear all the positive aspects, we also welcome your feedback regarding the areas of improvement to enhance your experience to a truly five star one. Appreciate if you could share your feedback directly to me at philip.yu@hyatt.com, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have just spent a week in this hotel. The harbour views are to die for! I had suite 2525 which was at the corner and thus had harbour views on two sides. This renovated room was very tastefully decorated and huge. It had a dining table for four, sofa seating for 5 a huge bathroom and bedroom, all with the stunning views. You could live in this suite! The club lounge is temporarily on the 5 th floor due to renovations of the old club. It still has harbour views and you can watch the light show of an evening, with snacks and drinks.The staff in the club lounge were amazing. They organised dinner reservations and shopping assistance. They are all friendly and efficient. The location is right at the exhibition centre which made it easy to attend an expo I was visiting. I cannot fault anything.

Room Tip: Harbour view club room is brilliant
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela

Thank you very much for spending a week time with us, our pleasure indeed to welcome you.

Our new guestrooms are designed to create sophisticated home ambience, where you can live and feel like at home while you are travelling. It is glad to know that you enjoyed the Grand Executive Harbour Suite very much.

We appreciate your understanding regarding the renovation project, and we are very pleased to hear that your experience in the Business Club lounge remains as memorable as of your last visit. Thank you for your praises to the team, their professionalism and caring service is the key to our success.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the room with harbor view was very enjoyable to stay with, all the staff was very nice and helpful, location is also good, when the weather nice, it's good to stay at the pool, very relaxing.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear byachen

Thank you for your compliments on the room, location and our associates, we highly appreciate it. I absolutely agree with you that relaxing by the pool is one of the must-not-miss activities during your stay with us, especially the summer time. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Been to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong? Share your experiences!