“A nice sleep over.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

You added Grand Hyatt Hong Kong to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Harbour Road, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
FREE WI-FI
Ranked #18 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A nice sleep over.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

A great escape amount the bustle of Hong Kong. In these beautifully renovated rooms this hotel is luxury. Staff exceeded every exception and were so friendly to engage with. A nice grill at the evening by the pool made you forget you were in the middle of Hong Kong. The weekend I was there it was hot a weekend by the pool was bliss...although a few more umbrellas would of been good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear 77nadinas

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Delighted to know that you have enjoyed our newly designed guestrooms, the Grill's dinner buffet and our swimming pool. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Grand Hyatt is my hotel since over 30 years whenever I visit HKG. They have never let me down. The quality of service is high, friendly and outstanding every time. I'm seeing the same people again and again. They remember my preferences and are there for me day and night, whenever needed.

Dear Bruno R

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your feedback. First of all, thank you for your continuous suppport for Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We are truly appreciative of your compliments and encouragement. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I am staying at the Grand Hyatt and although I can imagine this hotel is good under normal circumstances, it is currently unbearable to stay here. DRILLING between 9am-5:30pm (they take a break between 1:00pm and 2:30pm). Not just some drilling, constant drilling to the point where I feel like I am living in a nightmare that won't end. I have had a headache since I arrived and it will not go away. You cannot get any work done in this hotel under these circumstances. Trust me, if you're coming to relax or on business and know that you'll be doing activities in the hotel, go somewhere else... Do yourself a favor, and call first to see if they're still renovating.

Dear MER79

Greetings. Thank you for letting us know your feedback. Disappointed to learn of your less than perfect stay. We concerned very much the impact of noise on our guests. Months before the project started in January 2013, we have started to make an effort to inform guests, who have booked with us, of the renovation and the noise concern, so that they had enough time to change plan if they wanted to. Also, we have straightly limited the construction noise to 10:00am and 5:30pm on weekdays and only permit intermittent noise on weekends and public holidays. We hope that this particular stay does not affect your faith in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had the unique opportunity to stay in Grand Hyatt and then Renaissance Harbour View during my 4-day visit to Hong Kong. The hotel is conveniently located next to the convention centre and within walking distance to Wanchai. Grand Hyatt’s room is beautiful and cozy with a bathtub dividing the bathroom from the rest of the room. As I was alone, I could soak myself in the bathtub and watch the TV at the same time. There are more TV channels as compared to Renaissance but parents be warned as there are adult pay-per-view channels. The bathroom is very nice with vanity lights and mirrors, toiletries etc. The room is well stocked with tea, coffee and tidbits. The best part is the complimentary Nespresso. The sleep quality is very good. The room has 2 window roller blinds - a translucent and a blackout - all at a touch of a button. I especially like the retro alarm clock which is so easy to set. The electronic alarm clock cum radio in Renaissance is not user-friendly. The hotel has nice swimming pool and a big children’s playground. Breakfast is sumptuous and I like the tiny jars of jam on each table. The best part about breakfast is the fresh juice, smoothie and yakult!
In short, the 'hardware' of Grand Hyatt is top-notch. However, in the hospitality industry, it is the software which matters most. I have been to many hotels with lower quality facilities but more than make up by their workers. I know HK residents are not famed for politeness but hotel staff should at least greet guests while on duty.
The negative experience is the check-in process. I can’t believe it was so inefficient in Hong Kong! It took so long and worse, there was not proper queue. As soon as I arrived, I queued but the receptionist just served someone else even though I came earlier. Then I went to another counter and the staff told me she has to serve another person in front of an imaginary line. I threw my hands up and went off to my meeting. Thankfully when I returned to check in the evening, there was a staff that directs guests to queue up. Seriously, Grand Hyatt needs to buck up the check-in process and the overall 'software'. The saving grace are the chambermaids who are courteous and helpful.
In comparison with Renaissance next door, Grand Hyatt is more expensive but it is more luxurious. I prefer the breakfast at Renaissance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Deawr Allkuans

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. Happy that you enjoyed our newly designed room but disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory check in experience. If may i request that you get back to me with your registered name and period of stay and I can look into the matter. We shall ensure that your next visit is a pleasant one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a very good time for our 5-day leisure visit to Hong Kong. We stayed in Grand Hyatt club level and enjoyed our time. The room could be a bit bigger for three people but we were proposed a folding bed to accommodate one of us. The view from the window over Victoria Harbour was fantastic. The hotel is conveniently located on Hong Kong island side, close to Star Ferry terminal (5 minutes walking distance). Taxi in HK is not expensive, so we covered majority of distances by taxi (or foot). Typical journey was 10-15 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes. The services provided by Grand Hyatt were of a very high standard. I would recommend to visit especially for a short stay (price!) and because of assurance for high quality service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Alexander157

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your stay experience. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guests. Delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a majestic Grand Hyatt property overlooking the harbor. Standard Harbor View rooms are on the small side but are very nicely appointed with a fantastic bathroom. The view of the harbor and Kowloon is incredible. Restaurants and shopping around the hotel is plentiful. Area can get crowded during the weekend. There are so many wonderful hotels in Hong Kong, but you can't go wrong staying at this property. Would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear notoftheworld

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. We appreciate your compliments. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The stay was good and comfortable. It is well located on Hongkong Island, it is just a ferry away from Tsim sha sui which is on Kowloon Island. If you get a room with harbour view it is good... esp at night. The pool is good. There are some good eating places just few blocks away

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Bhavneet09

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Been to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong? Share your experiences!