My husband and I were somewhat apprehensive when, after booking the Grand Hyatt for four nights, we were informed that extensive renovations were taking place in a number of the rooms, although work would only be carried out from 10am to 5pm. We needn't have worried, as the receptionist informed us when we checked in that she was giving us a room away from the noise, and true to her word, we didn't hear a thing! We know the Grand Hyatt from 16 years ago and it is still as fresh and welcoming now as it was back then, and the stunning flower displays which greet you as you walk through the door, are a joy to come back to. The service throughout the hotel is impeccable - courteous, helpful, efficient and thoughtful.
We had not visited the pool area before and, located on the 11th floor beside the Spa, it was an oasis of calm sandwiched between soaring skyscrapers and hundreds of lush palm trees! Definitely a whole different pool-side experience! Apart from the usual bar snacks and drinks, there is a buffet most evenings served with a selection of freshly grilled seafood and steaks. Since we had a late flight when departing, we were informed that we could use the pool area and the amenities until we were ready to leave.
The location is excellent, and although construction of a bypass is underway almost outside the door, there is no mess and it doesn't impede travelling around on foot, by MTR (subway) or taxi.
One expects a very high standard from a 5 Star hotel in any country, but the service at the Grand Hyatt was beyond our expectations. From our experience, it is clear that the facilities and customer care, as well as the location of the hotel, are equally well suited to the business traveller as they are to those on a more leisurely trip. This visit was a special occasion for us, and we went away with the best memories. Very highly recommended!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hyatt Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Grand Hyatt
- Hong Kong Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is located along the prime waterfront of Hong Kong Island commanding beautiful views of the harbour. The hotel is directly connected to the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. The 539-room hotel is home to nine restaurants and bars. Located on the 11th floor of the Grand Hyatt, the Plateau Spa offers privacy, seclusion and an escape from the vibrant city of Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.