After visting Singapore and Kuala Lumpur on a business 'whirlwind' tour, I arrived at this hotel genuinely exhausted (three countries in five days and 18 hours in air at that point). The welcome was speedy and efficient. I had to go straight out after arrival for more meetings, until the small hours. When Saturday came though, I placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and slept for nearly 16 hours. The room was a Victoria Harbour view on the 14th floor. Nothing broke that sleep and I am grateful for that.
The room was large, with a big working desk, clean and spacious bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle. Complimentary water (four bottles each day) and newspapers were delivered every morning.
Throughout the stay the staff were excellent, welcoming and very professional. It was my first visit to Hong Kong and this helped put me at ease.
I was supposed to go out on the Sunday sightseeing but as I walked into the foyer, I became aware of the Sunday Brunch buffet. A bit pricy at about £65 I hesitated, but decided to forgo the planned boat trip and booked in. I was whisked to a window seat looking out over the harbour / hotel front and a glass of champagne was put before me. Then I was shown the unbelievable range of food at the several stations around the lounge area. From Indian to Chinese there was also a full 'English' turkey and/or beef roast available. Hot starters, cold starters, seafood, meat and vegetarian 'mains', free flow Moet Champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks, tea coffee and then....the dessert buffet points. I didn't count, but there must have been over 50 different core meals/desserts on offer from all around the world.
I tried a little of each of most of the dishes over the course of three blissful hours and needless to say, I drank way too much champagne. Each time I stood up to try something more my dirty plate and cutlery was whisked away and replaced and the glass topped up.
Frankly, this was service beyond my normal experience and if like me, you only get to visit here just once in a lifetime, I recommend this hotel and buffet to you without hesitation.
On leaving day I had a late flight (nearly midnight) but the hotel kindly looked after my bags all day free of charge while I went off to Lamma Island and a long (hugely enjoyable) hike to atone for my buffet excesses.
Well done to all the team, I do hope I am able to revisit at some point in the future, but if not, thank you all for your faultless hospitality.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hyatt Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Grand Hyatt
- Hong Kong Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is located along the prime waterfront of Hong Kong Island commanding beautiful views of the harbour. The hotel is directly connected to the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. The 549-room hotel is home to nine restaurants and bars. Located on the 11th floor of the Grand Hyatt, the Plateau Spa offers privacy, seclusion and an escape from the vibrant city of Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.