“Amazing service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

You added Grand Hyatt Hong Kong to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Harbour Road, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
FREE WI-FI
Ranked #17 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

have stayed here for 3 days and the staff was amazing, very kind and thoughtful. They remembered my name and made me feel like a guest in a boutique hotel. Club floor is amazing with a lovely view on the harbour. Location is very convenient as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt two nights; one on our way to Indonesia, and one on our return home. If you want you can pay about $100 to have a white Mercedes pick you up at the airport, but we chose to take the quiet and speedy Airport Express train to Hong Kong station, then a 5-minute taxi ride to the hotel...easy, even for people who don’t know the city well.

The airline kept our luggage, so we only had a carry-on each; no problem but there was NO WAY they were going to let us wheel our own little bags to our rooms!

The entry and lobby is very grand, and besides the marble and brass-railed staircases that draw your attention, it’s the giant flower arrangements and the flowers in the hotel shop that had us wishing there were some way we could get them home to the US!

Our king room was incredibly equipped and designed. I have no idea at all how other reviewers could call it outdated or small. For two people it was perfect! Very creative little boxes that held all kinds of food, tea and coffee, bathroom amenities, big photo books and nice magazine selection, big flat-screen TV and comfortable chair and ottoman.

The bathroom was like something from “Lives of the Rich and Famous.” We’ve stayed in beautiful hotels and resorts in many places, but it seemed to us that this place was over the top!

They gave us a room on one of the top floors with a most magnificent view of Hong Kong Harbor. We could see Hong Kong, the Harbor, and Kowloon in one huge sweep out our window. The view was so magnificent that we just stood there staring at it over and over, trying to capture it with our camera. The view itself made me think our decision not to go up Victoria Peak was OK.

A garden of lit trees as you enter the 12th floor outdoor bar, restaurant, and pool area. It was magnificent at night, drawing you to just sit and order a glass of wine, or a bottle if you want to take out a second mortgage on your house!

Only one thing that was slightly disappointing, and that was that the bed seemed too hard; had a slight backache in the morning. Some people like hard beds, but we’re more used to the cushy pillow-top kind.

Hong Kong is a loud and crowded place, but the Grand Hyatt is a quiet and luxurious retreat; makes you want to stay in rather than face the crowds! We’d highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a good harbor view, not really necessary to be high up but that can add to the view if possi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Have stayed here a few times now and it is without question of all the Grand Hyatt's in Asia my favourite.

Likes
- Amazing service, from reservations to room service to the staff in the Club room
- Very nice big pool area
- Good modern gym
- Quality food and drinks in Club Room
- June Jacobs toiletries

Dislikes
- A little out of the way. 10min walk to MTR or take a taxi.

Overall it's a great hotel but it's really the service that makes it a stand out for me. Staff in the Club Room remember your name between visits and greet you like an old friend. The Front Desk staff are friendly and efficient and work hard to make each stay special. Will definitely continue to stay here on future visits to HK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Harbour - breathtaking views
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have been staying at The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for many years and whilst newer and larger hotels have opened I would not move any where else. What started as a location choice has now become my only choice. To this day when I arrive the staff remember my name and also my preferences. I always get a DVD player in my room. I am thoroughly spoiled by wonderful staff. The rooms are wonderful and beds are TDF ( to die for ). Its location is close to the Star Ferry and also 2 mins walk to the convention center. Frederick Wong who is the Resident Manager , is a true hotelier and leads his team with a level of professionalism seldom seem today - efficient and friendly. The food choices in the many restaurant options are wonderful and the Crab Linguini is wonderful. On top of this the gym is state of the art and if you are like me and find it a tad boring the machines all have individual entertainment units so you can spend your time on the treadmill etc catching up on world news or watching that movie you never seem to have time to watch. On top of this the spa is wonderful and just what is needed after a long day at the trade show or shopping, Nothing is a problem for the staff whether you are a first time visitor or like me a repeat offender,

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are the best and the higher floor the better. If budget allows ask for an end...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just spent a week at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and could not have been happier with our stay there.
We had a beautiful suite on the 17th floor and access to the Club floor.
The staff on the Club floor are amazing! They are attentive, polite and helpful. The view is possibly the best in Hong Kong.
The rooms are comfortable.
I love the bathrooms....big shower and bathtub.
We sampled two of the restaurants - the chinese one and the one on the ground floor (can't remember either name) but both were good and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant.
I think one of the reasons I like this hotel so much is you are away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to enjoy it.
Public transport is very close (train and ferry) and taxis are SO cheap (about 1/10th the cost of the price in Sydney)

Room Tip: Use public transport!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in January for a friend's birthday trip. The hotel was in a great location near the harbour - a short walk to Wan Chai just across the footbridge. It was close to some great restaurants, walking distance to shopping areas if you're fairly active and close enough to the tram to get around the rest of the island.

The great thing about this hotel was the attention to detail - there were two electrical adapters in the room without having to ask - something small, but essential when travelling from overseas - each day the bathroom amenities were filled up - for some reason I needed a nail file every day and the great thing was that it was replaced daily.

I was lucky enough to be staying with a party of about a dozen people sharing about six or seven rooms on different floors and different locations of the hotel so I got to see a range of rooms. They all had harbour views - I'll upload pictures - one friend had a 1bed suite, that was large with a massive king bed - maybe bigger. There was a large pool and a fairly decently equipped gym, several treadmills and cross trainers as well as a variety of weights machines.

I'm not sure too much about the price - I didn't pay - lucky me - but I know it was expensive, but the feel of the hotel was very secure and safe. Add to that the convenient location, the service from the staff and of course looking out at the beautiful harbour from the room - it would definitely be somewhere I'd be looking to stay the next time I go to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view, if the weather's good the view is breathtaking
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was there for two days on business. Very attentive staff and great service. The location is very convenient, and they had upgraded me to a harbour view room upon my arrival.
The hotel is slightly old, and there were some areas in the room where they could have done better cleaning. (dust in the cabinet railings)

But overall good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong? Share your experiences!