“Excellent week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

You added Conrad Hong Kong to your Saves list
Conrad Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 88 Queensway, Pacific Place, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #21 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Excellent week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked here using my HHonors points for 7 nights. ( we decided to stay one night in Macau in between)

Upon checking in, they provided us a (perfectly adequate) room facing the Peak, however we wanted one facing the harbour. A quick call to the reception and we were offered a room on the other side of the hotel. No Qualms.

The Exce lounge on the 59th floor give splendid views (when not misty) across the harbour and the subsequent skyline. The exce lounge food was very good, locally sourced so some things may taste different to at home, which is acceptable.

My favourite part of the hotel was the pool area. Open til 10pm we were there most nights when it went dark, you are literally surrounded by skyscrapers as you soak in the blue lit pool. With the staff never to far away if you require drinks. We sat in the Jacuzzi during a thunder storm ... an unusual thing to do - i know... but i will never forget the experience.. I doubt I will ever be in that situation again... Neon lights towering above me, steam wafting up around my head... relaxation as torrential rain drops bounced off my head :)

The bar area is cool, though very pricey - typical of hiltons or 5* hotels really. 2 beers is about £15

Tip - when using the lifts leaving the hotel you can click basement and it takes you directly into the new trendy shopping centre below the hotel... from here you can walk directly to the MTR without going outside (incase its raining) We realised this after 3 days of walking aimlessly about.

Also - please ensure you walk through the Hong Kong Park en route to the tram stop... excellent place to wander through (see the avery)

I enjoyed my stay at the conrad, the hotel staff knew how to make you feel a special guest. Their behaviour and manner everything you expect from a 5* hotel.

Thanks Conrad.

Room Tip: Harbour side - every time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great hotel, great location. The quotation of the rooms are high but you can be sure it is worth staying here! The food is also excellent at breakfast and you have the greatest variety. I would suggest it both for working trips and for relax. Very close to the hotel is the exhibition center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

as with much of Hong Kong this hotel was 5 star perfection and at the top of the Hilton range of Hotels.
All aspects of the Hotel were excellent and even though mist covered Hong Kong for our stay the Harbour View room we had was wonderful.
Food in the Executive Lounge as well as that at the buffet breakfast were very nice and staff were helpful an efficient.
We booked a luxury transfer from the airport at the Hotel booth at the arrivals area and used the same car servcie to get vback to the airport.
Wonderful stay and highly recommended.
Only regret is not taking home the complimentary Conrad Teddy Bear in our room. Affraid my wife will never forgive me for that.

Room Tip: Harbour View room recommended on high floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have played around with my schedule to stay at this hotel after my amazing stay at the Conrad Tokyo and perhaps set my expectations too high. First of all, this is an excellent hotel and you can NOT go wrong with this choice, but I want to say that this hotel maybe a notch below of the Conrad Tokyo. Here is my quick summary:

Pros:
- The hotel as expected is extremely service oriented and all employees are very professional and attentive.
- Almost everything about the room is great (spotless clean, great not too hard bed etc)
- The bathroom has separate shower and tub, but not a freestanding one.
- Breakfast has an amazing selection of high quality food and I felt that there was a great Asian/Western options for the different types of clientele.
- The Admiralty station is probably a good 5-10 minute walk to MTR which is very convenient in busy Hong Kong. You will have to go through One Financial Plaza and do a ton of shopping while you're there.
- The Peak tram station is a very short walk away from the hotel through a very nice park!!! This walk should be done at night and day to see the difference. The place seems very safe and I saw police/security in the park to make things feel even safer.

Cons:
- Limited elite recognition. I have only Gold status with Hilton but I did get upgraded to a slightly bigger room in Tokyo. No such luck here and quite honestly the room seems a bit too small.
- The view. I did get a high floor but even from there the view to the harbor is not as nice as from the Kowloon side.

Overall I think it is best if one could split time between the Hong Kong and Kowloon sides and for this side, this hotel is really a great choice.

Room Tip: Good for high floor harbor view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed three nights in early March, 2013. We had booked a twin executive room which was on the top floor of the Conrad HK. The location was ideal and you could easily walk to the infamous Wanchai area with its bars/restaurant and other assorted nightlife but also within easy walking distance of tourist sights within Hong Kong Park, Admiralty and the Central area. The Admiralty MRT station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel via the shopping mall connected to the hotel.

Conrad service is always superb and this hotel was nothing less than excellent. Complimentary wifi, fruit/chocolate, turndown service with slippers and of course the Conrad HK teddy bear. Having the executive rooms at the top levels was ideal to catch the views of the Harbor (both day and night). Unfortunately, during my stay the weather was a bit overcast and cloudy. The Executive Lounge Staff informed me that September, October, November are the best months for weather/views...other times throughout the year are subject to weather.

This property seems to be more "business" traveler focused as things like Spa Services are sparse. Nothing wrong with that, you could go out and find a great spa in HK, but it is a point to note.

Pros:
Location (close to everything - including the Admiralty MRT station)
Excellent service (Executive Lounge Staff gladly help you plan your sightseeing trips)
Views (weather permitting)
Executive Lounge (large and spacious and was never overcrowded)

Cons:
Spa Services (no dedicated "Spa" like other properties - Bangkok for example)

In summary, a great trip and good hotel. On my next trip I'll try out the Conrad Macao. ^^

Room Tip: If the weather if fine, executive level rooms have wonderful views of the Harbor (both day and night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I always associated Hilton hotels as wanna be 5 star…they have lost their magic for me…well, was I in for a surprise at the Conrad….they have won me back!!! Lovely rooms, spacious, great service, internet a bit shoddy and not enough power plugs but otherwise, just great!!! Breakfast was more middle eastern than your traditional western style which I thought was wonderful, you can still have your congee and noodles and cereal, but you can also have garlic/yogurt dip or haloumi. MTR is just around the corner, centrally located, Pacific Place is right there for great shopping….what else do you want???

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel late Nov. 2012. I had used my Hilton Honors Points staying 4 nights. We took the a cab from the Airport Express train as we didn't want to carry our baggage using the bus or MTR (subway). Although the MTR is connected to the shopping mall and the hotel, it is a bit of a walk (approximately10 minutes) if you have luggage plus having to go up an escalator and elevator. However, it is nice that the shopping mall is connected to the hotel, especially during inclement weather. There is also a food market inside the mall.

Upon arrival at the Conrad HK, I was surprised that no porters assisted us with our luggage. Some hotel employees were standing around the entrance and we were the only ones at that time. After we unloaded our own luggage from the cab, a porter finally came forward to assist.

Check in was quick as we were the only ones at the check in desk. The room was of average size and bathroom was nice with a separate shower and bathtub. In the evening, they provided complimentary fruit. It is a nice touch but the quality of the fruit was not good on several nights, especially their apples.

The concierge was extremely helpful, courteous and efficient in making dinner reservations for you outside the hotel or any other requests you may have.

There are several dining options at the hotel and it is suggested to make reservations. We had 2 of our meals at the Chinese restaurant as it was very good but quite expensive. Service and atmosphere was very good. They serve on the side, 2 condiment sauces which are delicious but they charge you for it whether you use it or not.

The beds were very comfortable and they provide really soft slippers. The cleaning service was good and they have a turn down service. However, one early morning at around 7:00 AM while we were still sleeping (plus we had the do not disturb sign out), we heard a knock on the door. We ignored it and the knocking continued. I got up and opened the door and it was gentleman who said he wanted to clean our room. I told him we were still sleeping and to come back and he seemed annoyed and did not even apologize for disturbing us.

Check out was quick and efficient and the porters came within 5 minutes after calling the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Conrad Hong Kong? Share your experiences!