“Quite ok, but not the best in Hong Kong” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

You added Conrad Hong Kong to your Saves list
Conrad Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 88 Queensway, Pacific Place, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Ranked #19 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Europe
“Quite ok, but not the best in Hong Kong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Frankly speaking I am always wondering how travellers can judge a hotel as the best one in a city? Did they stay in every 5 and 4 star hotel of the city?

Anyway, I stayed at several 5 star hotels in Hong Kong, but for me the Conrad is just average among the 5 star hotels. And if I compare value for money there are several better choices.
And this I have to say although I am a Hilton HHonors diamond member (which includes the Conrad hotels as well)

The staff is friendly and the service is good. The rooms are big and the bathrooms are spacious, but: the seperate toilet is made for dwarfs or kindergarten kids. If you are a tall or big guy you will find it hard to move. I would like to compare it with the toilet in a plane. Even I asked for a more spacious one they said all rooms are the same and offered me some wine instead?!? Very helpful........

And the second negative thing is the Executive lounge is far too small, especially in busy hours it is very difficult to find a seat. Particularly annoying if you need to pay for the lounge access.

I would still recommend this hotel, because it has a good location, good service and good staff. But in a perfect hotel everything has to be perfect. Maybe you will call me petty, but these 2 issues prevent that I give a 5 point rating to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do not mind the money you choose a harbour view room, you will have a fantastic view of the h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you want to stay at the best hotel in Hong Kong, you have to stay at the Conrad. The facilities are great, but staff is even better than that. I have been staying here for years and there are staff that are here now that we're here when I started. These people as well as the newer ones always remember me as if I was there personal friend.
The food is unbelievable in any of the restaurants, but the Italian restaurant on 8th Floor is just fantastic, Nicholini's. I ALWAYS make it a point to eat there and if one of my favorites happen not to be on the menu, I ask for it and most of the time they will still make it.
This property is the one I always tell people about when asked which hotel is the best.
You won't find a better staff that is more interested in serving you and making your stay the best. The GM Mr. Thomas Hoeborn does a great job in hiring and keeping the best Hong Kong has.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room but for view that can't be match, ask for a room on the harbor side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was a strategic stay after taking out Hilton visa credit cards, saving Hilton points, etc and stayed 3 x nights for free PLUS along the way we obtained Diamond Hilton member so was upgraded to a suite on arrival on exec floor.

Fantastic location with great views of harbour and subway directly connected.

Executive floor is a great perk, although they can't make cocktails for love nor money. I think there is a mentallity that more alcohol means better cocktail.

Breakfast has better selection downstairs but is so much more peaceful and assisted upstairs.

Wifi throughout and good speed. Gratis for diamond.

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at Conrad for 1 night on the way to Australia during a whirlwind 36 hours in Hong Kong. We arrived at 7am after a 16 hour flight. We thought we would have to leave our bags with the concierge and shower in the hotel gym, but the front desk allowed us to check into our room right away. What a relief! The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
The room was beautiful and had a full view of the harbor. The breakfast we had at the Conrad was delicious (albeit expensive) and the hotel is very conveniently located. Will definitely stay at Conrad during next layover!

Room Tip: Worth it to pay for a harbor view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

From the person that transferred the bags from the taxi to my room to the manager on duty the night before I checked out, I have nothing but high praise for the Conrad Hong Kong. Not only is this beautiful hotel a true 5 star, the customer service is as well.

The last night of my stay I had a minor issue that was brought to the attention of the manager on duty. Within minutes I received a call from the manager with a resolution that greatly exceeded my expectations.

The hotel is located close enough to inexpensive transportation to get you where you want to go quickly yet far enough from the crowds that you can go for a quiet, peaceful walk through nearby Hong Kong Park.

My large room had a marble bathroom with dual sinks which made it easy for two to get ready at the same time. The bed was very comfortable with luxurious sheets and duvet. Rather than a chocolate on my pillow, I found a small basket with just enough assorted white and dark chocolate for the perfect late night indulgence. The turn-down service was another extra touch that is so much a part of this great hotel.

If you want a true 5 star, you can not go wrong with the Conrad Hong Kong.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for one night in Conrad. The hotel is truly a 5 star hotel. Highlights of my stay includes professional and courteous service; bath products- slippers - turndown service - oranges in the evening - all these touches added to make me feel like a valued customer. The breakfast buffet was good, there were many selection but I think they should consider starting a little earlier since there are many travellers like me who are early risers and who need to catch an early flight. I dod not get a chance to use the spa or gym during this stay. The lobby is beautiful and the design is of Asian design which is perfect since this is in Hong Kong. I also like the TC on the bathroom and the Bose radio. This hotel is surely a paradise for those who wish to shop in the designer stores such as Prada, Valentino, Jimmy Choo, LV, etc. You just have to take the elevator down to 3rd floor and you are in the midst of all these shops. I really ike this hotel and will highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed in this magnificent hotel for three nights,on a 36 day vacation in Southeast Asia.As a Diamond Member and it was our Wedding Anniversary they upgraded us to a magnificent suite.It is in a perfect location, to see all the major sights in Hong Kong.All of the staff is trained to make every guest feel like a VIP.If your looking for a Great hotel in Hong Kong--Conrad is the one!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Conrad Hong Kong? Share your experiences!