Sitting in the hotel lobby writing this review right now.
This is my first time visiting Hong Kong and really had no idea what to expect. I've been told living space is very limited here...this is no joke. My family of four was assigned a room with two sets of bunk beds! The top bunk is quite low, so I ended up bumping my head several times. With four people, four luggage, and three carry-on bags, this room quickly became an obstacle course. For the price we paid, I can't complain; the hotel is beautifully designed, the rooms are clean and it's situated in a great location.
Across the street from the hotel is a Wellcome supermarket where we stocked up on water almost daily; locals shop there so their water isn't some crazy "tourist-only" price. A few blocks down further is temple street which comes to life at night -- people don't sleep here! Temple street is filled with street markets, street food, shops, restaurants...everything! Just a block to the left of the hotel is Austin Station and two blocks ahead of the hotel is Jordan Station; how convenient!
This hotel doesn't have a pool or a gym which is perfectly fine, because behind the hotel is Kowloon Park! The park has a recreation center and several public pools larger than any public pools I've come across anywhere else in the states. The entrance fee is just $19HKD.
Now comes the bad part. The staff at this hotel is just mediocre, for example, we had to call front desk because house keeping took the little card that's needed for lights and AC in the room, instead of sending someone, they told us to just fold up a piece of paper and stick it in the device....
The worst thing about this hotel is the elevators. They're incredibly slow! They're made to go alllllll the way up to the 24th floor before coming back down. While staying here, I experienced the elevator getting stuck once where they had to call the fire department.
Overall, clean hotel in a great location. Biggest nightmare is the elevators. Oh and wifi is not free. Also, coin operated laundry is a little expensive for such old machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- please add this hotel.. is a lovely and not very expensive place to stay in hongkong with an affordable price ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your B P International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b p International Hotel Hong Kong
- Bp International Hotel Hong Kong
- Bp International Hong Kong
- Bp Hotel Hong Kong
- Bp International Hotel Hongkong
- B P International Hong Kong