I admit that I would much rather stay in a Western chain hotel than any of the homegrown Chinese ones. It's because you know exactly what to expect in terms of cleanliness and service standards. Chinese hotels are absolutely getting better with each time I visit... but they haven't quite attained the dependable constancy of the big Western labels. To list a few: Dehumidifiers on every floor so that I didn't detect one iota of nasty mold smell. White glove clean tubs. Friendly, attentive staff. A smoke free room being actually smoke free. No questions asked customer service. Plus, the location of this hotel is amazing! It takes up more harbor side real estate than any of its competitors. We had such a wonderful night view of the ocean. The only unfortunate thing is that I couldn't convince them to comp me for the wireless internet. *eye roll.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental