This is not an inexpensive hotel. It costs circa £380GBP for entry level, rooms plus 28GBP per person for breakfast. Having said that, from the moment you enter it is luxurious and full of style. Every part of this hotel is decorated to the highest and most comfortable standards, guest rooms and bathrooms are beautiful. An abundance of staff are available to open the lobby doors for you, deal with any issues you have or serve you amidst its opulent surroundings. It has a number of restaurants inside, 2 of which have Michelin stars, all of which charge accordingly. In the terrace restaurant 2 burgers, a bottle of wine and sparkling water will set you back about £100GBP. The buffet lunch is about £45GBP per head plus drinks. 15% service charge goes on top of meal and drinks purchases.
It comes as no surprise to see the car park full of Ferraris, Masseratis, Bentleys and Aston Martins. This was a very high end experience and indeed a special, but expensive, treat.
The hotel is in a great position to see the nightly light show in Victoria harbour, in fact you can sit in the lobby lounge and have a perfect view this nightly event if you have nothing better to do. It is also well located for the ferry, the Ocean view shopping mall and the Big Bus company drop off and pick up points. However if I was going back to Hong Kong I would stay on the Hong Kong Island side as I think there is a lot more going on over there. Kowloon side seems lack on the entertainment side of things.
I would highly recommend this Hotel for a first class experience, it delivers on all fronts, at a cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental