“Mixed feelings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham Hong Kong

You added The Langham Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Langham Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Asia
“Mixed feelings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wanted to stay in a different hotel in Hongkong and tried The Langham. What I can say about this hotel is that the service, from the moment we came in, was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
The first room we asked for was a smoking room but even my husband who smokes like a chimney, couldn't stand the smell from the hallway. It was like living in an ashtray. We asked to be moved and they did so - quickly and efficiently.
The hotel had a grand feel to it and the rooms were spacious but dated (the first room they showed us seemed older and the cabinet paint were chipped). I wish there was more room for personal toiletries in the bathroom as the counter was very tight. However the hotel provided a lot of bathroom amenities that I appreciated.
I also wish they had more food choices on the club floor especially for breakfast but I did love the quaint and cozy feel the club floor had.
All in all, I was very satisfied and happy with our stay at the Langham and I would recommend it to friends but I'll be looking to stay at other hotels in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Mrs. “WnaTrvelMor”,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am most grateful for your comprehensive feedback and delighted to hear the service you and your husband received, as well as the charming feel we have aspired to create in our Langham Club, created a lasting impression on your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you found our guest rooms spacious and that our significant variety of bathroom amenities was to your liking.

However, I am bitterly disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations in regards to the cigarette smell in the guest hallway of our smoking floor. We do our upmost to rid of the odour on this floor on a daily basis, as we strive to provide a fresh environment for every guest, and I apologise that we failed to do so during your stay.

It was also a great concern noting the shortcomings in regards to the cabinet that was chipped as well as the lack of vanity space in the bathroom. Rest assured we will monitor these areas closely moving forward so not to impact our future guests in residence.

In regards to our Langham Club Breakfast offerings, we clearly understand the expectations of our Langham Club Guests, hence why we offer an option to dine at our full international buffet breakfast in our all day dining restaurant, L’Eclipse. We have ensured to tailor for those who would like a larger variety in a more energetic environment.

In summary, I do thank you for bringing these matters to our attention as it is only through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our hotel operation more closely. It is clear that because we did not meet all your expectations to the level we strive to achieve, I would ask that you accept my sincere apologies for this.

The Langham Hong Kong prides itself on exceeding all aspects of our guests’ expectations through exceptional bespoke service and a luxury product. I have noted my contact details below and I would be extremely grateful if you were to make direct contact with me, to ensure I am able update your personal profile in detail, establish the root cause of the shortfalls you experienced, as well as to ensure we tailor your stay accordingly if you do return in the near future.

Mrs. “WnaTrvelMor”, here at The Langham, Hong Kong, it is extremely difficult for us to have a guest depart without the intention to return. With that in mind, I would be extremely honoured if you were to keep in touch and allow me to personally assist with any upcoming accommodation requirements you may have in Hong Kong and enable us to welcome you back to enable us restore your faith in The Langham, Hong Kong.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
The Langham, Hong Kong
Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a decent size room with free WIFI and clean, decent size bathroom but shower cubicle is a bit too small. Our room was very quiet and we had really good rest in our room. Firm bed and comfortable pillows. There's teapot and teacups in the room for us to make hot tea.

Classical decoration in our room and can be seem throughout the hotel lobby. However, some part of the hotel such as lift waiting area and corridors seems a bit run down, with peeling paint and stained carpets.

Staff are very accommodating and friendly. Great location as shopping malls, restaurants and TST subway station are just a few minutes walking distance.
Free bus shuttle from hotel to Airport Express trains at Kowloon station.

Room Tip: Our room number was 1254, there's only a two-panels window in that room with no view. Quite disa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear mmnnn,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Melbourne. It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham, Hong Kong.

People like you do make our job a lot easier and we are always happy to hear that our guests appreciate the commitment we make to customer service and the comfort of our guests.
You are right; we are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong in the future.

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It's very kind to Langham HK for upgrading my room.Nice hotel and good service. All staffs are friendly and helpful.The room is good, big bedroom, comfortable bed. Best location for shopping, just next to DFS and few walks to Habour city...Certainly will stay with Langham again~~

Dear Koki-Polaris,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Shenzhen. Thank you for choosing The Langham, Hong Kong. We take great pride in our ability to create a special stay for our guests, so I am truly glad to hear we lived up to and exceeded your expectations.

Santa Cruz, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice hotel, good rooms, comfortable bed. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was able to check in early with no problems. Rooms are a bit small, but it's Hong Kong so that's to be expected. There's also a bit of noise from the street, but not bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear JustSomeGuy08,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Santa Cruz. Thanks for staying with us and it was lovely to read that you had such memorable experience at The Langham, Hong Kong.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again soon in the future.

Woodbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our stay at the Langham was very nice. We enjoyed our elegant suite and the Langham Club on the 11th floor is an experience not to be missed. The overall service is excellent. The Langham is a great location for strangers to the city. We had easy access to the metro and ferry transportaion systems. Taxi's are readily available. There are shops and restaurants galore. We highly recommend staying at the Langham so you can enjoy the beauty of an elegant hotel with all the conveniences.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear CCS2009,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Woodbury. It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham ,Hong Kong.

\
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Want to have some change over my stay in HK and I chose The Langham HK over my recent business trip. The staff looked reasoably friendly and helpful.

After check in, I was told my will room will be on the top floor I.e 16th. When I came in , I immediately noticed the room was very old then I asked waiter whether this room is the Grand room(renovated) I booked and was told yes while there are several very old rust in a 1980 style' bath room. Afterward , I requested to change a room and the new room was completely different and decent room which is in a much better condition than the previous one. So I felt that I was cheated to some extent.

When I passed the laundry to them, I told them 3 times that 3 polo shirts need to be folded. However next evening , I saw the 3 polo shirts were on the hanger. I asked the helpline to rectify this but a waitress barely speaking any English or Chinese was sent in. I explained to her but she could not understand what I was talking about.

Also they sent my room 2 private umbrellas which supposed to be go to another room. I asked them to to find our what exactly happend as it raised my security concern about this hotel however it took them almost 1 hour to tell me the full story.

So overly it is not an very impressive hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Chen,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

It was great to be able to discuss your feedback in detail over the phone yesterday. As mentioned, the service shortfalls you highlighted is not at all indicative of the service we provide at The Langham, Hong Kong, and I do apologise that these shortfalls were experienced during your stay.

As discussed, we look forward to your upcoming return stay with us. Post your upcoming stay, I can safely say, that I have every confidence that your faith in our service will most definitely be restored.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and I look forward to keeping in touch.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
The Langham, Hong Kong
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Langham Hong Kong is just perfect , provides an excellent location for a HK visit along with all the creature comforts you could ever want.
From the minute you walk into the lobby , you feel you have arrived , and within minutes you are whisked to your decadent room with effortless ease. Returning to the hotel after a city exploration trip feels like coming home !
We would without a doubt return to the Langham on our next HK visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SeaDream2,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Sydney. We are pleased to read your review, thank you so much. It is great to know that we made your stay with us so enjoyable.

We are pleased that you are looking forward to returning and we also look forward to welcoming you back again when you next visit Hong Kong.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Been to The Langham Hong Kong? Share your experiences!