“Best Hotel in Kowloon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham HongKong

You added The Langham HongKong to your Saves list
The Langham HongKong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Chittagong
“Best Hotel in Kowloon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Langham HK is the best hotel in Kowloon bar none. I visit HK every two months for work and I have stayed at various hotels both in Kowloon and on the HK side. The Langham HK has extraordinary service. From the time of check-in and all throughout my stay, each of the staff I came across made a genuine effort to know about my stay or attend to my requests. They did this with a smile even when I called at 1.00 am! The hotel lobby is very luxurious and has that old world European charm, the rooms are spotless and the bed is very comfortable. I truly enjoyed my stay in HK this time. I stayed at The Mira on my last 6 trips but from now on, it will be The Langham.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Shaker308,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Chittagong. Thank you for your loyalty to The Langham, Hong Kong. We take great pride in our ability to create a special stay for our guests, so I am truly glad to hear we lived up to and exceeded your expectations.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been to Hong Kong a couple of times and this is the second time that I'm staying at Kowloon instead of Hong Kong Island.

The nearest MTR to the hotel is Tsim Tsha Tsui station which is about a 5 to 8 minutes walk via the underpass. You are practically sheltered the entire way. The hotel is just across the row of branded boutiques such as Prada and Hermes which perpetually have a queue to get in. The hotel is also right next to the DFS shop. Because of that, there are usually a few tour buses parked just along the road outside the hotel. The area can get a little packed with tourists who travel in these coaches and ferries from Macau (the hotel is near the ferry terminal). As the hotel is located on Kowloon, if you intend to take a cab to Hong Kong Island, there is a toll/charge. Oh yes, upon arrival at HK airport, if there are at least two pax traveling to the hotel, taking the cab is much faster and cost almost the same as taking the hotel bus.

The room is pretty nice and the bed is really comfy. However, my room had a slightly odour which bothered me a little but I didn't want to go through the hassle of switching rooms. Service was excellent upon arrival and that was pretty much where the good service ended. The chambermaids and restaurants staff were really friendly but almost everyone else fell short of the 5-star service I expected and received during my previous stays in the Marriot and Shangri-La, both on HK island. No one greeted/smiled/acknowledged my husband and I at the lobby even though they see you coming right through their lobby entrance. They literally stare at you. Yeap. I was a little taken aback by that hostile greeting. I usually like boutique hotels because I have (or had) the impression that they are more intimate, but I have to say that larger 5-star establishments in HK seem to hit the right note with service instead. If you are willing to top up a bit more, my personal choice is Shangri-La.

Food at the Chinese restaurant (T'ang Court) is pretty good and not as expensive as I expected. The experience was made all the more pleasant as the waiters were really friendly and helpful. I recalled the lobster bisque being divine. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Mrs. Scarlet,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I hope you and your husband had delightful trip back to Singapore and enjoyed your overall stay in Hong Kong.

I am pleased to hear that our location, arrival experience, guest room and our multi-award winning Michelin starred T’ang Court Cantonese Restaurant had a lasting memory on your stay with us. I am also delighted to hear that our Langham Blissful Beds were too your liking, as we have spent a lot of time on researching the ideal bed to guarantee a refreshing and indulgent sleep for our guests.

I am however concerned to learn of your comments in regards to the “odor” you described in your room; as well as the shortfall of the warm welcome you mentioned when you and your husband were heading in and out of our lobby entrance. I apologise that we fell short in this regards. To gain further insight into the details of your experience, I would be very keen to discuss your experience in more detail to enable to gather more specifics as to why this shortfall managed to occur. I have provided my contact details below and if you would be so kind as to contact with me to enable me to better understand the details of your experience.

Mrs. Scarlet, we are most grateful to you for bringing these matters to our attention as it is only through positive and constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our hotel operation more closely.

Thank you again for your transparent feedback and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
The Langham, Hong Kong
Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
Zhongsan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We got the suite here, complimentary breakfast, tea time, and cocktail buffet. Room was well well laid out and luxury at it's finest. Service was insane. Every time we left the room, it was cleaned up again.

The breakfast buffet downstairs was incredible. The selection is so vast that we didn't eat the same thing after 4 days. All I can say is Wow. The best breakfast buffet I've ever had.

Can't say enough about this place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Stephanie N,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Zhongsan. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had a great experience while in our hotel. Thank you indeed for your comments and words on our staff and property itself. In fact, all our staff are oriented into exceeding guests´ expectations.

Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Langham HK twice, and both times been incredibly happy with the experience. The rooms are spacious and immaculate, with beautiful furnishings. The bed is incredibly comfortable, and the bathrooms are indulgent. We ate at all of the hotel's restaurants - with the T'ang Court being our absolute favourite. The meal was the least expensive meal I've ever eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant, but the service is polished, warm and friendly. We organised massages up in the health club, and Candy is a magician. We look forward to returning on our next trip to HK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Catherine L,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Melbourne. Thank you very much for posting your most recent travel and vacation experiences on Tripadvisor.

The entire team is delighted to hear that you spent, once again, wonderful and relaxing days in Hong Kong.

With pleasure we read that our employees exceeded your expectations regarding service and go the extra mile for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.

Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for over 15 years, even before it became the Langham and it just gets better and better. They recognize me as a regular and always take care of all my needs.
This hotel is in a great location, very close to shopping on Nathan road and an easy walk to the ferry and restaurants. There is a U.S style deli downstairs for some comfort food. The tailor in the lobby is very friendly and does a great job making custom clothing.
The lobby lounge is very comfortable and great to relax in the evening and very comfortable for meetings.

Room Tip: Most rooms are newly renovated. Try and get a room with a city view as some of the views are not goo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Merrick F,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Florida. Thank you very much for publishing your experiences, concerning your loyalty at The Langham, Hong Kong on Tripadvisor.

It has been our pleasure and honor to be your host again and we are delighted to read that you have been very pleased with the services and facilities provided.

Your comments regarding the enjoyable dining experience and our service-minded employees, is highly appreciated by all of us.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back, for your next visit and wish you a wonderful day.

Take good care, best regards and once again thank you for staying with us.

Paradise City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is just incredible: staff excellent, location unbeatable, rooms fantastic. Booked a package tour with orbitz for a very good price and still got an upgrade when we checked in, amazing. Mind you it was high season (many fairs in Hong Kong at that time) and the hotel staff was extremely busy, but they were as courteous/helpful as you were the only guest in the hotel. With the location in the middle of the most incredible shopping mall area, in walking distance to the Star Ferry, MTR this hotel is simply unbeatable. And believe me I know Hong Kong quite well after living there for 15 years and coming back after my retirement every two years.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Cubist288,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Paradise City. It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham, Hong Kong.

People like you do make our job a lot easier and we are always happy to hear that our guests appreciate the commitment we make to customer service and the comfort of our guests.
You are right; we are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong in the future.

Spofforth, North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This just has to be the best place to stay in Hong Kong - it's amazing. Definitely not the poshest but unbelievable service, welcoming people, great food and genuine hospitality. We celebrated a birthday whilst staying and got a chocolate cake and card from the Front of House Manager. The little things mean a lot. They worked hard to make us welcome from the moment we arrived until we left - just a lovely, lovely stay.

Room Tip: Great rooms overlooking designer shops - look but don't shop!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear June G,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Spofforth. Thank you for choosing The Langham, Hong Kong Hotel to celebrate your birthday. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to our restaurant, as well as the service provided by our front office team.

We are excited that we are now your first choice of hotel in Hong Kong and are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Been to The Langham HongKong? Share your experiences!