“No regrets, just high recommendations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Hong Kong

You added The Langham, Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Langham, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UP TO 20% OFF. BOOK NOW!
Ranked #14 of 694 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“No regrets, just high recommendations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having previously lived in HK and known all the other 5 star properties, decided for the location to try out The Langham for the 1st time. I did not regret this choice! 10/10 for conveniece, quality of room, discreet service and value. I have to add that I was lucky enough to be upgraded to the Club Floor which meant I & my travelling partner had sumptious breakfasts daily, unlimited printouts, access to PCs, free wifi and the most amazing cocktail hours!

I guess it's the norm for all quality 5 star hotels, but The Langham does it with quiet style. Small intimate Club divided into 3 areas with plenty of reading material and private computer room. Sadly only managed during our hectic schedule to meet a client there once for cocktails, but tried their impressive seared scallops, lobster Thermidor, Moet Chandon champagne as well as good selection of other wines and spirits/mixers.

Despite arriving during a hectic Friday, my check in was handled very smoothly and quickly the grand lobby filtered off into peaceful corridors and rooms with the plush springy carpet and full-on amenities. The lobby with its huge chandeliers and bulky sofas looked a little old fashioned for my taste, but the rooms are bright with all mod cons, bathroom big and relaxing. Very important to me, since I was on business but my girlfriend on a HK shopping free, was the expanse of worktop with electrical plugs galore. There was a separate writing desk with hidden panel for more plugs and internet connection in the window alcove. Well thought out and practical design.

Beds were heavenly, no noise despite being right in the middle of bustling Kowloon. Highly trained, efficient staff who were proactive and sorted out a Reservation error (had me booked for an extra night due to my late night flight) within 5 mins. No hassles.

I guess the only downside was that I'd check out in the afternoon since I was out shopping on the last day. Returning to Concierge with my bag tag, the bellboy insisted I pack my shopping into my luggage accompanied by him in the grotty baggage room. Not sure you should ever subject your guests to back of house areas. After that an easy and free coach pick up to Kowloon Airport Express station right outside the hotel entrance. Tops for ease of traffic and getting around. Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear AsianGM,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Singapore. Thank you very much from all of us that you have chosen The Langham, Hong Kong for your most recent stay.

It has been a delight and honor in being your host. Your open and friendly feedback is very much appreciated by all of us and gives us pleasure, a little pride and of course a lot of motivation to provide service excellence.

The entire team of The Langham, Hong Kong looks forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong soon.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Though this hotel is no archtectural masterpiece, it does everything a luxurious hotel should do: Provide welcoming comforts and personal service. Well situated in Kowloon for vacationing travelers (within a block of the Star Ferry and in the heart of all the shopping), the Langham takes good care of its guests.

We booked our rooms through a travel agent member of the Signature Travel Network. Not only were the prices attractive, they came with complimentary breakfasts -- probably a $35 value per person every day. Not only was the breakfast buffet outstanding, the Maitre D' of the restaurant remembered our names by the second day and took great personal care of us. We expect that on a luxury cruise ship but do not encounter that often in hotels.

Other five star hotels in this neighborhood cost substantially more.

Don't expect a grand entrance or expansive lobby. Rather look forward to good, personalized service, an excellent location and well-appointed comfortable rooms. The next time we come to Hong Kong, with all of its hotels, we'll be back.

Room Tip: Don't look for a room with a view. If that's important, select one of the other 5-star hote...
Dear passionatetraveler20,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Portland. Thank you very much for posting your most recent travel and vacation experiences on Tripadvisor.

The entire team is delighted to hear that you spent, once again, wonderful and relaxing days in Hong Kong.

With pleasure we read that our employees exceeded your expectations regarding service and go the extra mile for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.

Tiburon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I must say that this is true luxury. You walk to the door, and in front of you are Ferrari's, Bentley's, Mercedes, and all the high-end cars just in front. They open the door for you, greet you, and are incredibly fluent in English. Check in is quick, straightforward and welcoming. The guy who checks you in also walks you to your room (not a bellboy). Fantastic place. During the day, there are people in the lobby who answer your questions and help you--basically concierges. But instead of sitting behind a big desk with a pompous attitude, they're friendly and standing in the lobby, like greeters at a shopping center. They tell you good places to eat locally, directions, and great information. It makes your stay at the Langham so personal.

The rooms are top-notch. The wi-fi in this place is so powerful and fast, it's better than my home wi-fi! It's incredibly fast and the signal is very strong. If you need good internet connection, this is one of the best I've ever had. The bed is luxurious, the bathrooms are luxurious, and they have free bottled water.

Everything is in English here. The operator, the staff, etc. Everything is in English first, then Chinese 2nd, even if you look Chinese. The cost is not too expensive, either if you book early on the internet. I got a room for $200/night. If this room were in the states in Chicago, it would probably be $500/night. In Paris, $800 to $1000 per night. It's a very luxurious hotel, and I will definitely be coming back.

Dear Californianative123,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Tiburon. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience while in our hotel. Thank you indeed for your comments and words on our staff and property itself. In fact, all our staff are oriented into exceeding guests´ expectations.

Hope to have the chance to host you again in nearly future.

Maldegem, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were blown away by the service. The ladies at the front desk were so welcoming. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is in the middle of everything so we walked everywhere. This place is not cheap, but if you can afford it, it's well worth the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Lara S,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Maldegem. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our accommodations and service you received from our Team Members. I am very excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.

All of us at The Langham, Hong Kong truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Langham for the first 2 weeks of April 2013, and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and the level of the service.

We usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, and were slightly concerned that we may not like The Langham, but chose to stay there anyway, as this is where the rest of the family were staying. The hotel has a very nice lobby and sufficient lifts for guests to rarely have to wait more than 1-2 minute for a lift.

We stayed in a Grand Langham Room, which was sufficiently spacious for a couple, very tastefully furnished and had a very nice bathroom. The bathroom had "bay windows" that open to the room and allows one to watch TV while in the bathtub, a feature loved by adults and kids!

The Langham provided complimentary water in sufficient quantity on a daily basis, as well as free internet (which the Mandarin Oriental does not provide!). We were also pleased by their efforts to house the various family members on the same floor, despite each person having their own individual booking and different check-in dates.

Another nice touch of the Langham is that they provide pushchairs for children, which saves a lot of effort for parents with children aged 4-6.

Finally, the hotel gives generous discounts to its guests should they wish to eat at the hotel restaurants. This is a nice gesture, which makes commercial sense for them and that more hotels should implement.

A few negative points:
- The hotel is located in a busy area, and the sound proofing isn't great. Even in the early hours of the morning (3am), you can hear buses and other vehicles
- A few of us decided to extend our stay and (i) our room card keys didn't work after the initial check-out date, even though our cards were meant to have been updated (ii) we were initially told that we would need to be charged a higher rate to keep the room for the 1-2 extra days, and the hotel staff only backed down on this when we pointed out that there seemed to be many unoccupied rooms on our floor
- The have a fitness centre which offers some massage and other treatments, and which admittedly, they specifically refuse to call a Spa. Having said that, I think that they could easily improve this facility and should invest in it asap, as it currently lets the hotel down

Room Tip: Worth going for Grand Langham Room instead of the Grand Room, as it has a much better & more spa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ginsengwu89,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to London. Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your arrival experience, in regards to our lobby and Grand Langham Room.

I am however disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations in regards to the street level noise and the room arrangement. I would be extremely grateful if you could make contact with me personally so I am able to gain further specifics in regards to these shortfalls.

Our Chuan Spa is opening soon and you can enjoy our Spa on your next visit!

I do hope that we will have the opportunity again in the future to extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Top notch hotel in prime location! The service was excellent. Immaculate rooms with everything you need. The breakfast had an amazing selection of international and local cuisines. You will not be disappointed...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Don B,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Canada. Thank you for your loyalty to The Langham, Hong Kong. We take great pride in our ability to create a special stay for our guests, so I am truly glad to hear we lived up to and exceeded your expectations.

We are excited that we are now your first choice of hotel in Hong Kong and are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

i've stayed at this hotel 3 times, and I get a good feeling every time I walk in to the lobby. Staff are very attentive and polite, and the I've eaten in the restaurant for breakfast and lunch.
my recent stay was super, and the room was lovely with a very comfy bed and modern yet classic decor. as mentioned by other reviewers, the location is really great and a stones throw from the busy shopping area with the MTR on your doorstep. Its easy to get taxi's, and baggage storage is free of charge.
I had a small room on my second stay which looked to be in an extended part of the roof space as the lift didnt go all of the way up, and I recommend that you stay in the main part of the hotel, as getting bags up the final flight of stairs was a bit of a pain.
This hotel seems to get an equal mix of leisure and business guests, and I will certainly be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear NGXX,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back home. Thank you for your loyalty to The Langham, Hong Kong. We take great pride in our ability to create a special stay for our guests, so I am truly glad to hear we lived up to and exceeded your expectations.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Been to The Langham, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!