My family and I stayed at The Langham for the first 2 weeks of April 2013, and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and the level of the service.
We usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, and were slightly concerned that we may not like The Langham, but chose to stay there anyway, as this is where the rest of the family were staying. The hotel has a very nice lobby and sufficient lifts for guests to rarely have to wait more than 1-2 minute for a lift.
We stayed in a Grand Langham Room, which was sufficiently spacious for a couple, very tastefully furnished and had a very nice bathroom. The bathroom had "bay windows" that open to the room and allows one to watch TV while in the bathtub, a feature loved by adults and kids!
The Langham provided complimentary water in sufficient quantity on a daily basis, as well as free internet (which the Mandarin Oriental does not provide!). We were also pleased by their efforts to house the various family members on the same floor, despite each person having their own individual booking and different check-in dates.
Another nice touch of the Langham is that they provide pushchairs for children, which saves a lot of effort for parents with children aged 4-6.
Finally, the hotel gives generous discounts to its guests should they wish to eat at the hotel restaurants. This is a nice gesture, which makes commercial sense for them and that more hotels should implement.
A few negative points:
- The hotel is located in a busy area, and the sound proofing isn't great. Even in the early hours of the morning (3am), you can hear buses and other vehicles
- A few of us decided to extend our stay and (i) our room card keys didn't work after the initial check-out date, even though our cards were meant to have been updated (ii) we were initially told that we would need to be charged a higher rate to keep the room for the 1-2 extra days, and the hotel staff only backed down on this when we pointed out that there seemed to be many unoccupied rooms on our floor
- The have a fitness centre which offers some massage and other treatments, and which admittedly, they specifically refuse to call a Spa. Having said that, I think that they could easily improve this facility and should invest in it asap, as it currently lets the hotel down
- Also Known As:
- Langham Hotel Hong Kong
- The Langham, HongKong Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pre-eminent among Hong Kong hotels, The Langham Hong Kong presents a refined European-style haven in the heart of the bustling Tsimshatsui shopping and tourism district.With gracious charm and polished five star luxury, Langham Hotel Hong Kong is the only Hong Kong hotel that can claim the legendary heritage of the original grand hotel.Here is what you desire in a Hong Kong hotel...enchantingly opulent surroundings, innovative amenities and bespoke service that anticipates your every whim. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham, HongKong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.