“Hong Kong - where to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham Hong Kong

You added The Langham Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Langham Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
“Hong Kong - where to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Langham and had a wonderful experience. The staff are very professional step outside the square to attend to any requests we had.
We stayed in the Club level, utilizing the health club pool & massage. All was outstanding.

The concierge desk down stairs was obliging in recommending and reserving resturant bookings, which we enjoyed.

A very cheery happy place with smiles all around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Therese S,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Melbourne. Thank you for chosen The Langham, Hong Kong. We take great pride in our ability to create a special stay for our guests, so I am truly glad to hear we lived up to and exceeded your expectations.

Hope to have the chance to host you again in nearly future.

Vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Getting to the Hotel was a breeze, took the train from the Airport and there was a free bus transfer from Kowloon station. Got myself a HKD300 travel card that gave me a return trip to the Airport and also 3 days free pass on public transport in HK. Bus ride from Kowloon station took about 20 minutes.

The hotel doesn't have a lobby leading straight out to the main road, you have to walk through the driveway which is under the Hotel building to get to the front entrance of the Hotel. Having said that, this proved useful as you could use that same driveway to either access Peking Road, that didn't have much or alternatively go the other direction and end up on Canton Road for shopping.

Reception was fast and efficient and I was in the room within 5 minutes of arrival. The lobby was crowded but things still seemed very efficient with staff on hand to offer assistance. Room itself was very nice with everything you could want for a very comfortable stay. I especially liked the size of the room whilst not large is of a comfortable size. Bed was excellent although I wish that house keeping came in earlier in the morning especially as I had turned on the housekeeping light on at 8am but came back to the room at 12 to find them just cleaning the room.

My room came with breakfast and internet included. The internet protocol was a bit confusing as even though the internet was included, the homepage still included payable options. I found out later that irrespective which option I chose, the connection would have been free. This was not made clear to me and as a Result I chose the slowest connection that the homepage indicated was free. Whilst the Hotel does host quite a number of tour groups from China, it separates Tours from other visitors over breakfast. I was given breakfast at a very nice small lounge off the lobby. Whilst the range was limited, I didn't have to fight with anybody to access the food on offer.

I think the best thing about this hotel is its location. It's within walking distance to other hotels like the Peninsular and Marco Polo and the revamped Harbour City shopping centre is directly behind the Langham. Nathan Road is only 5 minutes walk away and the ferry teminal to Hong Kong island is an easy 10 minute walk from the Hotel's door step. The China Ferry Terminal is also a very short walk away in the event you would want to make a trip to China. This terminal is not to be confused with the Macau Ferry Terminal which is on the Island.

All in all a very nice Hotel and I would definitely reconsider it on my next trip to Hong Kong

Dear Kebuh,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Kuala Lumpur. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with as. It is great to hear that you received the level of service that we strive to achieve as a five star establishment. We do pride ourselves on exceeding our guest’s expectations through exceptional customer service and we are sincerely pleased that we achieved this goal during your stay with us.

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with by way of email so we can detail the feedback you provided on your personal profile.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity again in the future to extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for.

Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Loved staying at the Langham. Wonderful staff and great service. Located close to the Tsim Sha Tsui (Red) subway station and high end shopping mall (Harbor City) it was a win-win situation. Adding the Langham Club membership was a total plus because of Ben the most attentive person a the Langham. Always remembered my name and eager to assist me with any request. Food and cocktails were the best in the club lounge. Didn't have to go out of the hotel for any meals because I was so stuffed. Afternoon tea was so delicious. Rooms at the Langham were also spacious and very clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Jean K,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to California. For you to say that we treated you the best you have felt in a long time means a lot to our entire team and I like to thank you for the very kind words!

I also very fortunate to work with a group of amazing people who have fun in what they do and who truly care about the well being of each individual guest. We are dedicated to make every single guest experience special and I’m glad that you experienced the high level of service and the attention to detail The Langham, Hong Kong is known for.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. Staff Service great and all the little touches make the difference. As a lone traveller on Business this is a great hotel to feel comfortable and safe. The location is great close to shops and more shops......

Dear TravelPrincessJojo,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to United Arab Emirates. We are glad to read your review, thank you so much. It is great to know that we made your stay with us so enjoyable.

We are pleased that you are looking forward to returning and we also look forward to welcoming you back again when you next visit Hong Kong.

Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and we have an excellent souvenir. The room was outstanding. The bathroom was clean and spacious. For me, everything was perfect. The staff is professional, polite. The breakfast is huge. Possibility to eat great chinese or western products. The lobby, the place in general is really elegant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate D,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to France. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while in L’Eclipse restaurant! Thank you for your appreciation on our services and our personnel as well.

Please do not hesitate to return to our hotel at your convenience. We will be more than delighted to serve you during your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am only in my second day of a 7 night stay at The Langham and feel compelled to shout out how amazing this hotel is!

My colleague and I arrived at 11:30 am yesterday and, unfortunately, our room was not ready. We had just come off a red eye flight from Delhi and were EXHAUSTED...to top it off, we had a meeting at 3:00. The staff jumped at the opportunity to make it up to us. We didn't even have to complain. We were whisked to the spa to use the showers, steam room and "rest area" so we could sleep until our room was ready. We were even brought fruit, tea and cookies to assure we were comfortable! We didn't even ask for it! Amazing.

The concierge is managing our China visa applications, dinner reservations, queries...anything we need...so helpful and nice!

Today, I have used the gym, the breakfast buffet and the spa again (for a service this time) and I cannot say I have ever witnessed such service. The staff here is 2nd to none.

The rooms are smaller than the waterfront Intercontinental and Shangri la hotels...but they are VERY comfortable and, though further in town from the water, taxis are dirt cheap in HK so it isn't a problem.

Oh, did I mention that there is the largest mall I have ever witnessed ATTACHED to the hotel! Perfect for jet lag retail therapy ;)!

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Hong Kong.

Dear Eileen V,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to United Kingdom. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and we are thrilled to learn that you so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us!

We are Happy to know that you particularly enjoyed the gym and the services provided by our F&B outlets and Concierge. And thanks for your feedback on our Health Club - this will help us continue to raise their motivation.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again soon in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4N with wife and kid for our HK trip. Reviews as follow:

Pros:

Service is excellent. Helpful staff assisted with our luggages and stroller the moment we stepped into the lobby. They even have a balloon to my kid to keep him entertained while we checked in. They wen showed us straight to our room and offered to show us around the room. Check out is fast and staff helped us with the taxi loading and inform driver of our next hot destination.

Location was at TST, right in the shopping area. Tho we prefer nearer to Nathan Road, Langham was good enuff with a 5 mins walk to MTR thru street, or a 10mins walk underpass if u have a stroller. 3-Storey Adidas boutique was just beside the hotel.

Room was spacious and with good floor space even after we have a baby cot requested. Great for families w children.

Cons: entrance was not really baby friendly. Either u enter by driveway or by stairs at the side door. Not a good scene after a long day walk...

Overall feel is good. Hotel provide good service and breakfast is up to standard.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear KWoNi,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back home. Thanks for staying with us and it was lovely to read that you had such memorable experience at The Langham, Hong Kong.

Trust that I will share your comments with the team.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again soon in the future.

Vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Been to The Langham Hong Kong? Share your experiences!