“Excellent Stay with One Exception” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham HongKong

You added The Langham HongKong to your Saves list
The Langham HongKong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Ventura, Calif
“Excellent Stay with One Exception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed at the Langham in early December for 4 nights and it was everything previous reviewers have commented on in the positive. Great staff, quite and well appointed rooms, excellent location in TST, Kowloon.

My only criticism and why I am giving it 4 "puffs" is that on our last evening there we decided to have a few draft beers at their bar. There was no drink list, but based on the price of beers in restaurants in Hong Kong, I didn't think much about what the price would be- 128 HK dollars, or about $17 US dollars for a 1/2 liter of draft beer! This was the only extra to our room charge, (which was reasonable), so not sure what they get for brreakfast, Engilish Tea, etc., but I considered the bar price for the beers outrageous, (especially since no drink list/pricing). Beware!

Room Tip: We stayer on the 14th floor- no view, but very quite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear foodsniffer,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Calif. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to our hotel

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with me by way of email so we can detail the feedback that you provided.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity again in the future to extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for. Please feel free to make direct contact with me for any assistance for future bookings with us.

Vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed this hotel from Dec. 6 to Dec. 8 with my family. Everything was OK except the staffs who are working in reception. I arrived the hotel around 2 p.m. from Macau via ferry so I need some rest. However, I can't get right my room key until 3 p.m. as it took so long to be arranged a room even though I booked the hotel one week ago in advance. From bad to worse, I got the a room key in 7 floors but my actual room was located in 10 floors. So, I had to carry my big luggages with tired my family to 7 floors and back to reception in lobby and then come again to 10 floors.
For your information, the hotel lift isn't so big so I had to pass it several times to have empty one.
I complained this unpleasant exprience to a staff in reception but she only said 'Sorry, my colleague made a mistake.'
I do not believe that how come this kind of thing was happening in such a nice 5 stars hotel.
I don't blame a staff' mistake because everyone can make a mistake.
I just was not happy the feedback after the mistake. It should be apologized with more polite way or seriouls manner.
I hope someone in Langham hotel would learn and improve it by themselves soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms. Kyle S.,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

I hope you and your family had a safe trip back to South Korea.

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback in relation to your stay with us. It is clear from your comments that you and your family did not receive the level of service that we strive to achieve as a five star establishment and would ask that you accept my sincere apologies in this regards. At The Langham, Hong Kong, we pride ourselves on a warm welcome, followed by an efficient check-in coupled with a member of staff personally accompanying you to your room to provide a full room orientation; and it is clear by your comments that we failed to achieve this during your stay.

You also highlight a further concern in regards to the sincerity of the apology in regards to the complications of your room allocation. I would also like to extend my apologies in this regards and I would also like to personal discuss this experience as well as your arrival experience with you in detail so you can assist in shedding more light on the experience as a whole. It is also imperative we note your feedback on your personal profile as well as identify the exact complications you experienced upon arrival.

I would be most grateful if you are able to make contact with me directly to discuss your experience in further detail. In the interim, I would like to reiterate that we are most grateful to you for bringing these matters to our attention, as it is only through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our hotel operation more closely.

Mr/Ms. Kyle S., despite your experience, I do very much hope that I will have the opportunity in the future to personally welcome you back and extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
The Langham, Hong Kong
Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
(852) 2378 9381
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It is very hard to find fault with this hotel - I can't. The staff were helpful, extremely accommodating and knew us by name within a day of our being there. We had a Grand Langham room, it was a good size, extremely comfortable, well appointed and the bathroom was great. The turndown service was lovely. Breakfast buffet was good quality with a great variety of options. The fitness club is spacious and there were many machines.
The hotel location was perfect for Kowloon, metro entrance nearby, close to the ferry, many shops, shopping centres, and a great range of eating options in the neighbourhood.
I would say this was one of the best hotels I've stayed in and is very good value too. I would recommend this to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Yoya L,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip. It was a pleasure having you and your friends stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham, Hong Kong.

People like you do make our job a lot easier and we are always happy to hear that our guests appreciate the commitment we make to customer service and the comfort of our guests.

You are right; we are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed in Hongkong many times over the last 25 years, and The Langham would have to be my favourite accomadation yet.The service is excellent, the rooms great, my 4 friends and I had 2 adjoining rooms,perfect for 4 "girls" on a holiday.Breakfast was included in our room price, it wasway beyond any expecation we had, the staff noticed if the 4 of us had not all attended and offered to pack a breakfast pack for the "sleep in" person!! Would highly recommend this beautiful hotel to any traveller, the best yet,, hope to be back there one day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Anne C,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Australia. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while in the L’Eclipse! Thank you for your appreciation on our services and our personnel as well.

Please do not hesitate to return to our hotel at your convenience. We will be more than delighted to serve you during your stay with us.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked 2 rooms via Internet. Good follow up from the hotel mng. Team , they got us connecting room per request which very nice. The service is great. The room is good as expect apart quite far from lift. Unfortunately, one of them has strong smoking odor disturbing us all night long. Overall good experience so far.

Room Tip: Grand langham is nice touch
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Muay_Panawan,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Thailand. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to our service.

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with me by way of email so we can detail the feedback that you provided and we will ensure we will have better room will be assigned top you and your family on your next visit!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Convinient location, good service, own style. The restaurants are good, the food is various and tasty. The hatel fits for business trip, friends and solo trips. Nice SPA complex on the last floor with pool, sauna, jym.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Alex8409,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Russia. Thank you very much for posting your most recent travel and vacation experiences on Tripadvisor.

The entire team is delighted to hear that you spent, once again, wonderful and relaxing days in Hong Kong.

With pleasure we read that our employees exceeded your expectations regarding service and go the extra mile for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.

Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Langham in Hong Kong. Myself, my husband and our 2 children, 5 & 7 years. We booked an executive suite. The hotel organised for there to be two roll out beds in the rooms. We had a reasonable sized bedroom with one roll out bed and the other went in the living room. A little bit of a tight squeeze, but not a problem for us. Being Hong Kong presumably space is at a premium so we weren't expecting acres of space.

We had access to the lounge which was a life saver. After a day of sight seeing we would have tea and cakes, which the children thought was fantastic. Then we would pop back later and have some cocktails and nibble before the children went to bed. Nothing was any trouble, the staff were fantastic. If you need anything they will help to organise it for you.

We arranged a babysitter for the last night, the lady was very smartly dressed, turned up promptly and were a very reasonable price. The children were all ready for bed, we just wanted someone in the room with them while we were out. I think that they may have played up a little bit, because in the morning they told me that she sat in there room for a little bit until they settled down.

We had a swim in the rooftop outdoor pool in the end of November, lovely pool, good changing room facilities, helpful staff.

So all in all a fantastic stay I highly recommend this hotel and the lounge facillities especially if you have young children.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham HongKong, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Vanessa M,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Beijing. Thank you for your complimentary review following your stay at The Langham, Hong Kong.

I was delighted to see that you and your family were pleased with our room and our service & facilities during your time spent here. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again very soon during your next visit to Hong Kong.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Been to The Langham HongKong? Share your experiences!