“The worst part of my trip!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel

You added The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel to your Saves list
The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.310 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Formerly The Park Lane Hong Kong) (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Ranked #72 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“The worst part of my trip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

I stayed at the Park Lane for 4 nights and those were probably the most unpleasant I've ever encountered, ever.

We requested for early check-in as we had an early flight but when we arrived at 1.30pm, we were told that our rooms werent ready and we had to wait till 2pm (their official check in time). I started to get slightly irritated but i didnt want it to spoil th rest of the trip. Hence. we sat around the lobby and it was only 2.45pm that we got our room!!!!!! Front desk staff were not the least bit apologetic.

I was fuming by then and when I sat on the bed, I almost fell right through it. It was low, soft and we suffered backaches every morning for the rest of our stay. The room was depressing as it seriously needed refurbishment (carpets stained, furniture chipped -- I can go on and on).

As for food, we ate breakfast there once, and dinner at the top floor one night (cant remember the name because it wasnt worth remembering). Service was average. Overall I really wouldnt recommend this hotel -- hop over to the Excelsior next door.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
cainta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

ok., it's nice but kinda' dirty

• Stayed December 2005
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

We stopped in HK for two nights en route to Oz. The Hotel is well situated and the lobby and public areas were smart.

The first room we were shown was pretty ordinary though considering the hotel were aware this was our honeymoon trip and it overlooked the roof of an adjoining building. We asked for another room and for a minimal cost we were given an exec room with all the extras which had a great park view.

Staff were efficient rather than friendly but overall there was nothing to complain about. The hotel was professional if characterless. Also don't expect to be able to get a drink after midnight anywhere in the hotel. There are limited bars with restricted opening hours. Get a cab to the night markets instead.

• Liked — clean and convenient
  • Disliked — no character or atmosphere
  • Tips/Secrets — request a room with a view or pay extra for exec floor.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2006

I had the displeasure of staying at this horrible hotel. They have old and refurbished rooms and unfortunately I ended up in one of the old rooms so this review pertains to my bad stay in this room and the bad hotel management.

BAD THINGS ABOUT THE ROOM : It does not have temperature control, you have to adjust the low, med, high until you get the it right. Sometimes the low is quite cold and you can switch it off and wake up hot in the middle of the night. There is some kind of flying insect in my room. I killed one yesterday and there is another flying around as I type this.

RECEPTION and CHECK IN : I asked for a room upgrade and was denied one unless I pay a certain amount for the upgrade. I was also told that there were no refurbished rooms available for me to move to. That same day my colleague checks in and she gets a upgraded refurbised room without paying an additional fee. Wonderful. To provide some constructive criticism, perhaps they should note down the people who request for an upgrade and give it to them in the order it was asked not as and when they feel like it. When I asked about this, the reception manager jessica was unable to give me a room (as usual) and offered to give me one the last night of my stay which doesn't make sense because of the trouble it takes to move everything for one night.

I hope I never stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — Near to Causeway Bay
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — AVOID AT ALL COSTS
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

I hate having to write this. I am of Indian origin.

Today, I went to the Premier Club (where I have been going almost daily for the last 12 days). For the first time, I wnt in flip-flops. Upon walking in, within 30 seconds, I was told I had violated the dress code and needed to weart shoes. So, OK. Rules is rules, right? I went to my room, got back, ate the (pretty nice) hors doeuvres.

Sitting next to me, with their legs otustretched, in all their flip-flop glory were a white man and woman. The same lady who noticed my flip flop in 30 seconds, completely "missed" the outstretched white legs.

So, like I say, good if you have the right skin color. Be prepared for poor treatment otherwise.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — racist staff
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
londonderry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

Just returned from Hong Kong after staying there whilst on honeymoon. We had never been before and were a bit nervous about the whole trip. After a long flight we were whisked to the hotel in a limo which took around 40 minutes. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted with the friendliest and most curtious staff ever imaginable. The check in was bright, spacious and very friendly. the member of staff dealing with us spoke excellent english and gave us a very warm welcome.
After being assigned our room the bell boys took our baggage to the room and dropped it off with a smile. The room itself overlooked the victoria park and was on the 23rd floor. Great facilities, i.e- lcd television, mini bar, etc.
Once we settled in we took off for a walk around, facilities were second to none, shops, restaraunts, health spa, hair dressers, etc.
We went to see the hotel concierge and once again were greeted with the most friendliest of staff who helped us to no end.
Needless to say we had a fantastic time in this hotel and would have no hesitation in either staying again or reccomendation. Top marks...

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — going home
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel? Share your experiences!