“Good for business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel

You added The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel to your Saves list
The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.310 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Formerly The Park Lane Hong Kong) (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Special Offer
Early Bird: UP TO 20% OFF
Ranked #73 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Modern, contemporary, well-located, good for business. Spacious rooms with fine view over the park and the HK skyline. Highly recommended..............................................................................

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Georgetown, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is located in Causeway Bay. Opposite the hotel is a Windsor House where you can get shopping and also very good food.

The hotel is good and hygiene and there are many shops nearby. Very convenient for business travellers and it is located in the Causeway Bay.

It is a very busy hotel and most probably you can only get your room after 2 pm even you arrive early.

Opposite the hotel is Victoria park. Too bad when we visit, there is typhoon coming and not have chance to visit the park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for leisure and I have to say, one the best value hotels in Causeway Bay. Great shopping around and very good location. Only minutes to MTR and accessible to many restaurants. Even IKEA was near :)

Wifi was provided FOC (which is very rare these days).

I went to the hotel very early i.e. 9am and wasn't hopeful i could check in early. But the room was avaliable and checked in right away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Friends brought us to Cafe One, at the Park Lane Hotel for buffet dinner one Friday. It was good food and good selection. We loved the giant Crab Claws and Lobsters which were served cold. The lobster meat was tender and sweet, although the crab claws were a bit dry. Our friends told us that their last visit, the crab claws were much better.

Sushi and sashimi was very good, very fresh and good quality. The other dishes were ok, good but not the best. Food is pretty good value for money.

The place was packed the night we went, lots of local families. But not too noisy. The ambiance is actually quite nice with a good view of the outside which was brightly lit even late at night.

I've had much better buffets in other HK Hotels, but also pricier. To me, this is average quality but a place I would still go especially if I'm staying in the hotel or even just in the Causeway Bay area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

As I oftenly stay here for business trip, it is convenient to travel and shopping. Hotel is few steps to MTR and very easy to connect to Central Airport Express. Room is average with basic amenities provided. For shopping, it is near many shopping center in Causeway Bay i.e. SOGO, World Trade Center, Lee Garden, Time Squre, etc. Free wifi is provided, Hotel is opposit to Victoria park so you can enjoy both park and ocean view if you request the room. Breakfast is ok if included in your room rate. As we face a hericanne (Vicente) during stay so we need to have dinner at hotel. Riva and The Deck is international cuisine with a great view on 27 floor; however, price is quite high. Staff is helpful as we need to check flight during storm period.

Room Tip: Request room in front to see Park and Ocean View
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
makati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed in so many hotels that range from no star to 5 star and have had no problems. This hotel however is not worth staying in. I stayed for 2 nights, in room 1302. When I checked out they told me the manager wants to talk to me and accused me for staining the carpet of the room and that I had to pay for the REPLACEMENT.
First of all, I didn't stain the room. So I asked to go to see what they were accusing me of. We arrived at the room, there were at least 4 people there, at least 2 security people. And they were taking pictures of the stain and around the room. Just walking in, I already felt like some criminal.

I look at the stain inside the room, it was in between the bed and the desk. It was dark brown and the size of a walnut.

I am so sure it was not me. I only slept in that room. They still kept insisting I did it. And when I kept saying I didn't, then they started insisting that I had someone else in the room. Is their security so bad that they would think I'm lying? Don't they have security cameras? I don't think they do. ANYONE can come up to the hotel floors! There is no security device in the elevators and side entrance.

Then, they also insisted that the same stain was on my used bath towel in the toilet. But this towel is now magically on the desk! And the stain on the carpet is wet. I left the room for hours already. How can the stain be wet? So I took the towel on the desk and tried to wipe the stain, Its the same color! Obviously, they did that. When I did that, they all got quiet. I went to the toilet to wash my hand because who knows what stain they put on the carpet and accuse me of it? And I looked at the soap bar by the sink, its full of the brown carpet fibers. I showed them, again they all got quiet.

Never stay in this hotel. They accused me of something I didn't do! They want me to replace the carpet! They accused me for bringing in guests. They accuse me of having the same stain on my towel,which they did. And the assistant manager Toni Lui couldn't made a decision and insisted to keep my guarantee of my credit card so he can still charge me. I've stayed in so many hotels, all kinds of hotels and have never received this kind of treatment.

I don't mind that they asked me if I stained the carpet, but why insist I did it when I said the truth? What more can I do? Why and how is the burden on me? I don't have access to cameras and what not.

We wasted a good 20 minutes when were supposed to be already on the way to check in for our flight.
How ridiculous would I be to lie about a small stain? And why would they charge me to replace a carpet? There are so many carpet cleaners that can clean anything.

Do they think I'm stupid, or is the house keeping trying to cover up something, or they didn't check the room properly before I stayed, I don't know, but this kind of service and guest treatment is unacceptable, insulting, and extremely unprofessional.

Why is the burden of proof on the guest? Is the customer supposed to audit the entire room before staying in it? Is this the cost of staying in this kind of hotel?

It was my fist time to stay here, and guaranteed to be the last.

• Stayed August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Being no stranger to Hong Kong, I was able to snap up a room here for a bargain price for my last short visit to the city. The location is excellent - right in the heart of Causeway Bay.

The building is a little on the old side, the rooms have been refurbished to a good standard. This also means the room is quite large by Hong Kong standard. While it does not have all the new and glamourous features of newer 5-star hotels, I find that all the little things have been done right. It does not have the trendy rain shower, but the handheld shower in the bath tub has excellent pressure. It doesn't have many dining options on-site, but all the shopping and dining needs can be find within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Some of the furniture are a little aged, but newer furniture are quite trendy, mostly made of glass and still blend in quite well. The room also provides for a power board, and also an additional powerpoint with a multi-adapter present. The cables are also tied neatly.

The service levels are excellent too. While the hotel can be very busy at the lobby at times, most staff would meet me with a smile. All requests were also completed efficiently, and although it is obviously very busy, it does not feel rushed.

Overall, while this hotel probably cannot compete with features or facilities, it has been able to get all the little things right to make travel a little bit easier. Together with its excellent location, and a largish room size (a rare commodity in Hong Kong), I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a simple but comfortable experience, where everything just works.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel? Share your experiences!