We (husband, wife and 3 children aged 9,8 and 6) have just had 11 nights at Harbour Plaza North Point. It was great value as it is gave us a 1 bedroom apartment (with buffet breakfast) for the price of a hotel room (and 5 of us would not have fitted in 1 hotel room). This meant the 3 children shared the lounge room (2 girls in sofa bed and son in the rollaway bed). The apartment was small but there was plenty of storage space to pack away all our belongings. We were out most of the time so the space was not a big problem. The room was very clean and housekeeping serviced it everyday. We never had to request anything from housekeeping as it was so well done.
The hotel is located at one end of HK Island but has great transport. Tram and buses are on the street outside the hotel. We loved catching the double decker trams to Central - a long trip but gave the kids the chance to see so much. We also used the MTR a lot - just a minute walk away and trains come all the time to take you to anywhere in HK. We used the transport a lot as we went to Macau, Disneyland, Sha Tin, Cheng Chau etc and it was all possible using the hotel as a base.
The hotel also offers 2 shuttle buses - 1 that goes to Central, CauseBay Bay and the other goes to TaiKoo Place (where there is a good Italian restaurant for families charging about $100 HK for a bowl of spaghetti bolognaise) and CityPlaza (a big shopping centre).
Concierge was very helpful with directions - and they were always accurate.
We used the restaurant for breakfast which was good. We also had dinner there a couple of times. It has a large seafood emphasis but also offered food the children liked such as a chef that would make them pasta as they ordered it. The service was excellent in the restaurant - they were always so helpful and warm to the children.
Near the MTR is a Wellcome supermarket which made it very easy to buy bottled water, snacks, etc.
We also used a "laundromat" called Sammi's - on the corner of "Healthy Street" - just down from the MTR. It was $26 HK for each bag we gave them (for 1-7 lb) and it was ready that night washed, dry and folded. A great service.
Whilst the Harbour Plaza North Point is located out of the way, it is a good hotel and meets the needs of a family very well. Our children felt very comfortable and were made to feel very welcome by the staff. The many nearby transport options make getting anywhere possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location:Conveniently located in the Eastern District of Hong Kong Island, Harbour Plaza North Point is just one minute walking distance to Quarry Bay MTR Station (Exit C). We also provide quick access to the renowned shopping centre “Cityplaza” in Taikoo Shing area, Causeway Bay, Wan Chai, Central and Airport Express Hong Kong Station by hotel complimentary shuttle bus service and other tourist attractions such as The Peak, Ngong Ping 360 as well as Hong Kong Disneyland by subway. Accommodation:Harbour Plaza North Point has 669 tastefully designed guest rooms and serviced suites. While most boast views of the eastern side of Victoria Harbour, all are equipped with in room broadband service, ensuring maximum guest comfort for both short and long term visitors. Rooms are categorized into City view, Hill view and Harbour view with choices on Superior, Deluxe, Studio and Harbour Club Floor. For whom commands more spacious accommodation, One-bedroom Suite and Two-bedroom Suite are also available.Restaurants:Savor delectable Chinese cuisine from our famous Hoi Yat Heen or sample the bountiful international menu and buffets at Greens Café. Sit back and relax in cozy environment to enjoy drinks at The Point. Enjoy a quick and light snacks at Java Mama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Harbour Plaza North Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza North Point Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza North Point Hong Kong