This is our second trip to HKG. Since our last stay was at Mongkok, we have decided to stay in new territories if we get best rates. Accordingly, we have directly contacted HPRC and have booked a deluxe room @ 860+ HKD per night accommodating our 2nd child. Took the shuttle bus from HK airport and on arrival, they have given us a park view room at level 22 and the same was large size according to HK standard. Tin Shui Wai seems to be very far from the city but you don’t feel the same due to the excellent transportation system in HK. Taxi cost you 400+HKD to Airport/City, so better to take shuttle bus provided by the hotel ( TST 24 HKD, Disney Land 50 and Airport 100 HKD per pax, 35-45 Minutes, running at regular interwells) or Public Buses if you are traveling with family/group. For MTR/Light Rail I think you need inter changing trains.
You can find large groups from China roaming around the lobby create a feeling that you are just landed at a Fish Market in China. So No wonder if some of the reception staff treats you one among them while interacting…!!!
1. Large Size room with Double bed, Sofa bed, 3 chairs, 3 tables, a microwave and the room is very clean and tidy.
2. Well connected with all transport facilities
3. Buffet breakfast is good. (88+HKD per pax)
4. Most of the Staffs are very helpful, service minded, efficient and quick.
5. Few good malls around Tower I & II including KFC & MacDonald’s and local eateries.
6. You can hire kitchenette from the hotel @ 180 HKD for 24 hours and make your homely food in case you don’t like HK food.
7. Swimming Pool, Kids Pool, Kids play area are good (In Tower II)
1. Too far from city centre, needs to travel ~2 hours daily for up & down.
2. Though staffs are very good, some of them do not understand /speak good English.
3. They collect full rental+ 500 HKD as deposit on arrival. But shuttle bus charges /other services to be settled immediately and will not added to the room bill.
4. They should find out some alternative to keep the large group check in to avoid any unpleasant situations to other foreign travelers.
5. No Wi-Fi /No Free internet at Tower II rooms, only available at Lobby. Understand Tower I have Wi-Fi in rooms. Internet charges @ HKD 120 for 24 hours.
We have stayed in this hotel Tower II from November 4th to 9th 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High-rise Hotel & Shopping Complex situated near Tin Shui Wai Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Expedia so you can book your Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong