Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights at the start of Sept 2013.
We were on the 9th floor close to the Club facilities which I'll cover shortly.
The hotel itself is about a 10 minute shuttle bus ride to the Nathan Rd area - free shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the hotel on a first come first served basis. The bus does a couple of stops on route to the final drop off. One of the stops is Moody Road which is a shopping and entertainment area with bars/cafes etc.............although at £14 for 2 drinks at a bar on the waterfront it isn't the cheapest area if your looking for a few refreshments!
Our room had a harbour view which was nice, we had originally been booked into a courtyard view which was basically lookinbg across to other rooms/offices. The room was large and well appointed ith the usual facilities. Absolutely no complaints
I used the hotel gym which was more than adequate and wasn't usually that busy, the machines are all relatively new and it was in a great position overlooking the harbour.
The Club rooms allowed you access to the Club Lounge at night for a couple of hours of complimentary beer/wine/fizz/snacks/tea/coffee and a coiuple of hot plates. Dress code was smart casual and dress shorts for men appeared to be acceptable. It also allows you free wi-fi access. You also have breakfast served in this lounge and again its what you would expect in fruit cereal, pastries, cold cuts, eggs, bacon toast etc
The hotel reception was very smart and has a cafe for pastries etc although we didn't use it.
While there we did the hop on hop off bus tour which was a great way to see Kowloon and HK island, and the ticket for that also lets you access the Peak Tram ( which is a drop off point for the bus). For bargains try the Ladies market just off Nathan Road, again the hop on hop off bus has a stop near there. If you fancy using public transport try the buses which are very cheap, just have the correct change though. You can get a bus from Nathan Rd near to the Ladies Market to the star ferry for around $2.40 and from memory its the number 1,1a and 2 buses which are very regular. The buses are spotless and all signs on the front of the bus for destinations are in Chinese and English.
A girl called Icy in the Club Lounge was very helpful with directions and suggestions for trips etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Grand Kowloon is a deluxe five-star hotel with 554 beautifully appointed rooms and suites located along the Kowloon waterfront offering breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour. Conveniently situated next to the Wonderful Worlds of Whampoa, the hotel is adjacent to the ferry pier travelling to North Point and is only five minutes away by complimentary hotel shuttle bus to MTR Hunghom Station and downtown Tsimshatsui's business and shopping district. Key facilities include wireless broadband Internet service - available throughout the hotel, a deluxe fitness centre with sauna, steam bath and spa services, a rooftop pool featuring a one-sided glass wall overlooking the harbour, six renowned restaurants, a 4,500 sq ft. Grand Ballroom and four versatile function rooms for meetings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip DaoDao, Despegar.com, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your Harbour Grand Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Harbour Plaza
- Harbour Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hong Kong