We booked this hotel because its location is convenient for our transferring - we went abroad during National Day holidays and got back via Hong Kong; then we went back to Mainland China the next day.
It is located in Lockhart Road where there are full of bars, pubs and restaurants. You can get off at Lockhart Road Stop by taking A10 airport express bus from Hong Kong Airport. Hong Kong Immigration Department and Taxation Bureau are on the street next to this street. The Wan Chai Ferry is nearby too (we took a coach to Mainland there).
Although the street where it is located sounds noisy, you can hardly hear the noise when you are in the room. It is very quiet.
The room is small, a typical Hong Kong style hotel, but it is also comfortable and nice, with full facilities. Free WIFI was included in my booking package.
Wan Chai is a district for living. You can find local Hong Kong restaurants everywhere and hard to get yourself starve. We had our breakfast in a local Hong Kong restaurant nearby. I miss the typically local food flavors.
- Also Known As:
- Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong
- Wharney Hotel
- Wharney Hotel Hong Kong
- The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Wanchai, The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel is within easy walking distance of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, known for its large scale of exhibitions, concerts and trade fairs. The Hong Kong Arts Centre and all major public transportation systems including the MTR underground railway and the unique traditional trams are just a few minutes away. The famous Star Ferry, which will take you on a fascinating ride to the Kowloon Peninsula, offers spectacular views of Hong Kong's unique skyline is also situated in the Wanchai district. The hotel offers a very convenient location for both business and leisure travellers, 45 minutes from The Hong Kong International Airport surrounded by a plethora of restaurants and just 5 minutes from the Central and Admiralty business districts. Popular shopping areas, such as Causeway Bay and Admiralty are just a short ride away by taxi, tram or MTR.The loveliest sights of Wanchai can be discovered on a walk. Wanchai has its share of unique historical buildings, famous historic sites and cultural relics, such as the oldest post office in Hong Kong; old Wan Chai Post Office, and Hung Shing Temple. At the same time, well-known modern buildings and places such as the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, Central Plaza and Golden Bauhinia Square make their presence felt in the urban landscape. Like many areas in Hong Kong, Wan Chai has a mix of the modern and the traditional. Wanchai offers visitors a captivating cross section of life in Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.