We recently stayed here twice - once for 3 nights and then 1 night before our flight home. We had a twin room the first time then a double. The 2nd room was better but both were adequate although if you are lower floor & facing the front there will be noise until early morning! It is in a great area & handy for all amenities but near the red light district so be prepared for questions if you have children. We didn't have breakfast included so didn't eat in the hotel but did in the Canny Man which is the pub in the basement. Very good & a nice place for a drink although does get very busy at weekends. The swimming pool had just been opened again after the winter season & we found this clean if not a little bit cold. The only down side was that the free wi-fi was very patchy but apart from this we had a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Wanchai, The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel is within easy walking distance of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, known for its large scale of exhibitions, concerts and trade fairs. The Hong Kong Arts Centre and all major public transportation systems including the MTR underground railway and the unique traditional trams are just a few minutes away. The famous Star Ferry, which will take you on a fascinating ride to the Kowloon Peninsula, offers spectacular views of Hong Kong's unique skyline is also situated in the Wanchai district. The hotel offers a very convenient location for both business and leisure travellers, 45 minutes from The Hong Kong International Airport surrounded by a plethora of restaurants and just 5 minutes from the Central and Admiralty business districts. Popular shopping areas, such as Causeway Bay and Admiralty are just a short ride away by taxi, tram or MTR.The loveliest sights of Wanchai can be discovered on a walk. Wanchai has its share of unique historical buildings, famous historic sites and cultural relics, such as the oldest post office in Hong Kong; old Wan Chai Post Office, and Hung Shing Temple. At the same time, well-known modern buildings and places such as the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, Central Plaza and Golden Bauhinia Square make their presence felt in the urban landscape. Like many areas in Hong Kong, Wan Chai has a mix of the modern and the traditional. Wanchai offers visitors a captivating cross section of life in Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong
- Wharney Hotel Hong Kong
- The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong