Firstly, this place is NOWHERE NEAR Hong Kong. So unless you actually want to visit Shatin, forget it.
Secondly, it's geared up for Chinese Mainland tourists. If you have no idea what this means, it means tour groups of folks who have never left china before, who don't know how to use a toilet or eat in a western restaurant, who believe that noise is important for life and who have never come across westerner culture before (queuing, politeness etc etc). So, you will be sharing your large hotel with many people like this - so noisy lobby, noisy neighbors etc etc.
Back to the hotel. My room was large. It was the most positive thing about the hotel.
In the bathroom was a sign saying the water quality had won awards but you should still drink from the minibar instead - this just about summed up the hotel - all about extracting extra cash by lying and cheating. (Hk water is completely safe to drink even without winning awards, I live here).
We ate in the Italian restaurant - food was average/poor; prices high for HK; we both got sick the next day with stomach cramps and diarrhea.
We used the carpark twice. After paying HKD200 for overnight parking I asked if there was cheaper parking nearby and told no. Walking outside the hotel I realized there are TWO HUGE carparks within 50m of the hotel, each charging HKD40 for overnight parking. Later, they charged us a weekend rate for 1.5 hours parking even though it was Friday - refused to accept that Friday is not part of the weekend (we are in HK folks, not Arabia!). That whole discussion was handled in the rudest manner imaginable.
The whole stay was a disaster. I wanted to stay here because we had an event happening over the weekend nearby and I live a while away in HK. But never again. It was dire. Particularly if you are western and have any concept of customer service or fairness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Shing Mun River in Shatin, Regal Riverside Hotel is only 30-minute drive away from Hong Kong International Airport and is located conveniently near 2 MTR stations and a mega shopping complex featuring over 900 brand boutiques, individually operated shops, dining and entertainment places. The 1,138-room hotel operates routine shuttle services to Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Disney Land, Ngong Ping 360 and Tsimshatsui East together with other public transports right on the hotel's doorstep, guests can easily connect to all shopping, entertainment and business districts in Hong Kong. Shatin features places of interest such as the 10,000 Buddha Temple, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and the Jockey Club, a famous world class horse racing arena, Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Science Park. The hotel also features 10 restaurants and bars as well as a wide range of recreational facilities such as the beautiful outdoor swimming pool (closes during winter period), spacious fitness center with sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and beauty services. The hotel's OM Spa, designed in contemporary Thai style and infused with a soothing sense of harmony and serenity, provides professional spa and massage services to discerning guests for nourishing their body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Regal Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Riverside Hong Kong
- Hotel Regal Riverside
- Regal Riverside Hotel Hong Kong