“Good Enough!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Kowloon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Regal Kowloon Hotel to your Saves list
Regal Kowloon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.71 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #143 of 667 Hotels in Hong Kong
Manila, Philippines
“Good Enough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

There is nothing bad or special about this hotel. Location is good but not in the center of Tsim Sha Tsui. Quite alot of hotels around it like Intercon Grand Stanford, Shangrila, Icon etc. It is surrounded by shops and pretty good restaurants by the bay. It does serve its purpose since you do not really stay in your hotel for a long time while in HK. The occasional free shuttle service to and from the Airport is a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I did not enjoy my experience here. From the moment we walked up to the hotel it seemed outdated, drab, and disorganized. This is the worst check in experience I have ever had at a hotel - it took FOREVER at the end of a long day and I'm not sure why. My boss smartly asked for a 'renovated' room and boy am I glad, I would have hated to see the non-renovated rooms. The renovated rooms seemed very outdated. I will say my room seemed fairly clean and was quiet, but I was glad I was only staying here for a few hours. The whole place did just not have a good vibe. Decor is very outdated. Breakfast was not good and in the basement with horrible music playing. I just don't get all the 'very nice' reviews, it's not. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else in the area - like the Nikko.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Glen F, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Madam
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience staying with us recently. I apologise for the slow check in and we are working hard to speed this process up. We sometimes get a lot of people arriving at the same time and this does slow the process down. I have noted your comments about the appearance of the property and you will be pleased to know that we are working on upgrading programs to address these issues. I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast but I as you did not mention why, I am not sure what part you did not like, apart from the music that I am looking into. I realize that you have plenty of choice in this area but we do get good reviews because we work hard to look after our guests. I am sorry we let you down on your stay.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here at end of a 2 week trip to China and Hong Kong. Wish we had spent more time here. Location and amenities were great. But what made this place special was the staff from front desk, bell caps to security. The concierge was extremely helpful introducing us to the subway system and getting us to shopping, dining, under the harbor to the tram to Victoria Peak and back to hotel. Had great meals at two of the hotel restaurants where the staff was very attentive. Loved this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bilaspur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The staff at front desk are rude and careless.
Property is bit old and needs renovation.
delux room we got was not up to mark. (I booked through cox and king and freedom travels). food quality is average. location is very good at market place. lobby has no sitting arrangement no wash rooms

Room Tip: better you try a new hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir & Madam

I am sorry our associates on the Front Desk did not meet your expectations and this has been taken up with their department head. We are in the process of renovating all rooms and I am sorry that you were not allocated one of these rooms on this occasion. Seating area in the Lobby is limited I agree but we have just reopened the Wash Rooms on the 1st Floor after a period of renovation. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on this visit but I do hope you will give us a chance to be of service on your next visit. Kindly contact me direct for the arrangements.

Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is very nice, it has all international standards. Rooms are big and with all the necessary amenities, such as bathrobe, slippers, tea making facilities, desk. Tv has some international channels. Bedding is very good, and so are pillows.
Breakfast is fantastic, for both westeners and asians.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
The only reason why I am not giving 5 points is that they only have free wifi in the lobby and for 15 minutes. Other than that, very expensive. In 2012 even cheap guesthouse have free wifi, and it is very helpful for business travellers.
By the way, there are no seats in the lobby so if you need to be picked up you will be standing up while waiting.
All the rest is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you don't need to stay on the island this is a great hotel. It's close to the harbor should you need to catch a water taxi or cab to the mainland or anywhere. It's also near a fair amount of shops and places to eat and drink. It's been renovated in the past few years since last time I stayed and it showed. The rooms, other than an odd shower door confirguration that ended with water on the bathroom floor, are nicely appointed. They aren't as large as you might get in a high end modern built hotel but are generously sized. The lobby can get a little slammed especially at peak check-in and check-out times. But overall my service is always good here and the hotel is nice. I would recommend it and have stayed here several times.

Room Tip: You can get a room facing across the street to get some of the harbor view but it's obstructed b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was most Dissapointed to find the Hotel Bar closed due to renovation and the restaurant and buffet dining very expensive, the WiFi also was not free unless your were using it in the reception areas, However they do provide a good massage & Sauna and a Great Hairdresser, the staff are also very Friendly & Helpful.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Glen F, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Michael F
Thanks for posting your review and I am puzzled by your comment about the Bar which was definitely not closed or under renovation! Our V Bar is fairly new and was opened on 1 January this year. It is located off the Lobby is open throughout the day until late at night. Are you mixing this up with something else? Then your comment about the Restaurant and Buffet prices being very expensive is also a surprise as we are very competitive in the market place. Were you referring to Café Allegro in Basement Level 1? The buffets we serve here are quite comprehensive and generally considered good value for money.
Thank you for your other positive comments about the facilities and associates and please note that if you book through Regal Web, you will have free WIFI throughout your stay!
Glen Farmer

Been to Regal Kowloon Hotel? Share your experiences!