“An airport hotel with great recreational facilities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Airport Hotel

You added Regal Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Regal Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.9 Cheong Tat Road, Hong Kong Intl Airport, Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, China (Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
Day Use Room Pkg with Spa
Ranked #147 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“An airport hotel with great recreational facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am generally not one who likes to stay at an airport hotel, but a layover at the Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong recently–thanks to a 30-hour flight delay by United Airlines–proved surprising in some ways.

The atrium lobby is expansive, offering guests a panoramic view of some of the property’s six restaurants and bars.

For an airport hotel, the hotel offers a wide variety of recreational facilities. There are two good sized pools–one indoor and the other outdoor. The gym is also surprisingly spacious and well-appointed, with ample cardio machines, weight resistance equipment, and free weights.

The guestroom, while functional, was small and bordering on spartan. The wing I was assigned to was directly adjacent to the landing strip of the Hong Kong International Airport, but fortunately, the room was well insulated with no perceptible noise from planes making their landing at one of the world’s busiest airports.

For layover passengers, the Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong, directly connected to the passenger terminal via an air-conditioned link bridge, offers a pleasant stay. As a bonus, the property runs a regular shuttle to the Citygate outlet mall, which in addition to the bevvy of international brands at a discount, boasts a variety of restaurants and a grocery store.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RAH_HK, Guest Relations Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and service and the view of the room adjacent to the landing strip. We will definitely share you kind words with the rest of the team.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Obviously convenient to airport, since the hotel is directly connected to Terminal 1 of HK airport. The hotel is currently renovating its rooms, and I stayed in one of the recently remodeled rooms and it was great - clean and comfortable. The beds are not as hard as those you will find in mainland China, but make no mistake - this is a Far East hotel and the beds are hard - I get a kick out of reviewers who complain about the hard beds in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, etc.
I like using the gym to start my day and the gym here is first rate. Free weights, Smith machine, treadmills, bikes - everything you need, even a small yoga studio.
What I did not realize until my latest trip was how convenient this hotel is to CityGate and the Ngong Ping attraction. The hotel has a shuttle to Citygate every 30 minutes.
The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because of the internet. It's free in the lobby, and you get what you pay for. If you want internet in your room there is a charge, about 15 USD a day.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
We will definitely share you kind words with the rest of the team.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

After attending Hong Kong HOFEX 2013, it was nice to be able to stay at the airport in great luxury surrounded by all the amenities provided by this wonderful hotel.
The service was superb with the stand out being a young lady by the name of Judy Yu who was magnificently courteous & such a pleasure to deal with. I hope her manager sees this & let's her know what a great asset they have in her. I thought it was just me but then I observed her greet everyone by their name as they entered the club dining room.
There are plenty of dining options, I used a meeting room which was excellent, the gym is good & because I was on this level I had automatic access to a late check-out which helped me greatly despite being at the airport.

Room Tip: Book in advance, get the discount & stay on the club level. It's very worthwhile with lots o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RAH_HK, Guest Relations Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comment! We are delighted to learn about your pleasant stay in our hotel and enjoy our dining choices and meeting facilities, and will share your kind words with the team and especially to Judy.

Guelph,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Slightly disappointed with this hotel. It bills itself as 5 stars but I've stayed at 4 and even 3 stars that provided more. The hotel staff are very aloof when dealing with hotel patrons, barely acknowledging ones presence. Check in was efficient and the breakfast buffet that was included with the package was quite good.
The power adapter did not work in the room and the tub didn't drain well so while on the shower it would be half full by the time one was done.
They charge Internet for every devices used so it came as a shock to pay for my laptop and phone. Never experienced that before.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was furnished with a small couch and a desk and chair. TV reception was very poor on most of the channels and was lost during a storm.
The elliptical machine and jogging machine weren't well maintained and made a lot of noise while using them. I was impressed at how quite it was on my room as I was in a floor high enough to view the planes landing and didn't hear any jet noise.
Next I will move use one of the other hotels a little further down the road. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We do strive to uphold the highest level of Guest Service and we take your comment very seriously. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations in various areas. We thank you for your comments and suggestions, as they are indeed crucial in supporting our improvement efforts. Your comment about charge of internet for every devices has also been taken into consideration.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Hong Kong.

Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It met my needs, so I'm rating it as perfect. I was only at the Lantau area for a couple of days, and I needed a place near the airport, so I booked in this hotel.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The receptionists were polite, and they spoke decent English. I didn't experience any rude behavior from the staff. Try saying "Thank you" at the reception when they get your documents, and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to accommodate your requests. I had a complimentary wifi connection in my room (part of my package upon reserving at their website), but it wasn't working even though I followed the instructions properly. Hence, I reported it, and the response was fast. They even had a technical staff check the wifi connection in my room since guiding me through phone couldn't solve the problem.

I found the room a bit small for its price, but it's very clean. Also, since we're only 2 and almost always away half of the day, we didn't mind. They also provide the usual complimentary items such as toiletries and bottled water. Just don't get anything from the mini-bar if you don't want to be charged extra amount since everything in there has to be paid. Complimentary breakfast was good since the food selection is diverse.

I'll definitely choose this hotel next time I go back to Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for the great review! Glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel our guest room and breakfast.

In the meantime, rest assured that we will strive harder to ensure that our team is always able to deliver to the satisfaction of our valued guests. We will be most honored if we could once again be of service to you on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We only stayed here for one night but were very happy with the convenient location, check-in and comfort of the room. It was great to get off our long flight and get the kids straight into the indoor pool. It was also convenient to Disneyland and easy to leave all of our luggage there and collect it again when we continued our journey later the next day. If you are after a good nights sleep to break up a long haul journey, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's pricey but worth it for the lack of hassle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your excellent feedback!

We are pleased that enjoyed the location and the guest room. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to serve you better.

We look forward of welcoming you back to our hotel again!

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel. It was my third trip to Hong Kong. The hotel service is poor- the least to say. I would share my latest experience:

I checked in to the hotekl on 3rd June. I was given in internet Wi-Fi password that would help to to connect to the internet. I logged in as is the practice and it worked perfectly for 5 mins. Then the connection was lost. I have to re-connect every 5 mins to make the wi-fi connection stick. It was a real horrible and irritating experience. Finally getin fed of re-connecting everytime, I called the business centre and I was asked by them to contact the Service providor directly, which i did. The gentleman at the ISP office was very helpful. He listened to me patiently and after hearing me out and checking my connection, told me that there was a problem with the wi-fi router on my floor where i was stayoing and that he would ask the hotel to install a router in my room which would in turn , boost up the wi-fi strength.
I waited for 30 mins for the hotel staff to get back to me. When they finally did, they tell me that there is no router availbale and we would change the room. I agreed to it and it was not till another 45 mins later did they send someone to assit me with my baggage and chnage my room.
I changed the room and when i re-settled in i tried connecting to wi-fi and lo behold...same problem. There was nothing wrong with my equipment (laptop and blackberry) but the wi-fi connection just was not staying for beyond 5 mins. Finally getting really fed-up and inspite of repeated calls to the front office and business center, nothing being done to rectify the problem, i gave up on the wi-fi connection for good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Regal Airport Hotel and for taking time to share your experience with us during your recent stay.

We sincerely apologise for not having lived up to your service delivery expectations.

Please rest assured that we have brought your comments to the Head of department responsible and also shared them with the associates involved. With regard to the wi-fi connection, our Technical team has taken the necessary action to ensure this is addressed immediately and accordingly.

We would be most honoured if we could once again be of service to you on your next visit to Hong Kong and welcome another opportunity to give you a firsthand experience of the service culture that sets us apart and for which we continue to be known.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any further assistance to you.

Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back at the Regal Airport Hotel.

With warm regards from the World's Best Airport Hotel in Asia's Most Exciting City!

Yours sincerely,

Been to Regal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!