From the moment we were met by a Red Coated Shangri-La Representative at the Arrival Hall in the Airport until the moment we were checked in with our luggage by a Red Coated Rep at the airport for our departure the whole two weeks were special. Our limousine to and from the hotel contained cool towels, bottles of water and sweets and radioed into the hotel as we approached the entrance. We were met by a man who took us straight to our room for check in. The only part we did not like was that they took a photograph of us, supposedly for client recognition by staff purposes. We were so jet-lagged having travelled for twenty-four hours we just grinned and it was done.
Our harbour view room was excellent. Large and light and airy with good aircon control (it was warmer than usual in Hong Kong for November/December). Shortly after the check-in process a ring on the door brought a tray with an orchid in a vase and a basket containing a Chinese tea pot with Chinese tea to pour into two matching cups. The mini-bar, closet and bar area have a wooden surround that bends around to the bathroom, taking away any boxiness to the room and softening it altogether. The electric curtains and lighting were perfect and there were plenty of mirrors to use for make-up etc., something that can often be a challenge in a hotel. Free wi-fi access and adapter etc., all available. The bathroom was large and the shower cubicle something I wanted to bring home.... the rough granite floor being completely non-slip.
Negative - the bed was rather hard and the sheets not of a quality you would expect in a hotel of this calibre. The towels were just alright. The turn-down service and response to any requests were flawless.
The lobby of the hotel is quite magnificent and their Christmas tree this year very tastefully done. The hotel lifts have their carpets changed every day stating the day of the week. As I said, an excellent hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong