Hotel was booked through Singapore Air Vacation Package, so didn't really have a choice. Regardless, excellent choice. Would likely stay again after a 15 hour flight since it really helps with jetleg! (elevator rugs tell you what day of the week it is...so incredibly handy)
Beyond absolutely lovely, warm, wonderful service. Impeccably clean, relatively quiet (since it's facing busy Salisbury Road). Knowledgable concierge with great english & mandarin. Streaming speaker from TV to bathroom. (beyond awesome for taking a shower to music to wake up). Wonderful staff, great turn down service, fruit platter & tea upon arrival! They even folded my PJs and clothing! Lots of drawers in closet for organizing clothes. Razors/shaving cream, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairtie, toiletries, complimentary water provided. Refrigerator is full of pay-drinks, but there is one shelf you can use to store small stuff like an orange or small treats. An empty fridge would probably be more useful (so much tasty food in HK!) Rainfall shower from ceiling in addition to handheld shower in bathroom. Lobby is absolutely lovely and relaxing. Didn't get a chance to try the gym (open 24 hrs), jacuzzi, spa or pool (closes at 10 pm)
Business center is great--they have SIM cards available for $80 HKD and will activate for you. Complimentary shuttle to Star Ferry terminal & China Ferry Terminal provided (no luggage allowed). Highly recommend Harbour-side room. It helps with jetlag after a 15 hour flight to see the sun rise over HK Island, and joggers along the promenade.
Incredibly convenient and close to MTR East Tsim Sha Tsui (Exit P) station with connecting tunnel to MTR Tsim Sha Tsui station. View of Night Light show from room, quick stroll from hotel to Avenue of Stars. Walking distance to Sam's Tailor on Nathan Road & everything else on Nathan Road. Lots of watering holes, Chinese BBQ, cheap HK food, street food stands, sushi, izakayas, and Indian food (inside Chungking Mansions 5 min away on Nathan Road)
One complaint: we stayed in a nonsmoking floor (7th floor), but could smell some faint cigarette smoke through the ventilation in the bathroom. Probably from the 8th floor above or a nearby guest who is disobeying the nonsmoking rule. Was a little bit annoying, but probably an isolated instance.
I have to find the executive desk chair. It is so freaking comfy.
Now my absolute favorite hotel <3. They think of everything you could possibly think of. Wish I could stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong