My husband and I have just returned from a holiday in Hong Kong. Thank you Shangri-La for making it so memorable and special.
We booked a harbour view room with Horizon Club access, and upon arrival, and without asking, we were upgraded to a harbour view suite, which was most appreciated. The suite was comfortable and clean. The white marble bathroom was luxurious, large and well appointed. We were on the tenth floor and the view was wonderful. We felt very connected with all the activity on the harbour. The two rooms were well appointed and all the staff were helpful and polite. Included was an office/study in our suite. My husband actually used this area as his dressing room and he enjoyed the extra space. A welcoming pot of tea and fresh fruit was a nice touch. We have previously had a suite at Shangri-La, Singapore and the comparison was easily the same experience. The Horizon Club is not quite as big as Singapore, but in a way it is more exclusive and intimate, and the view is fantastic as the Horizon Club is their top floor. Hong Kong harbour turns on a laser show every night at 8pm and is worth enjoying each night of your stay. A highlight of our stay was to see the lights of Hong Kong turn on around the harbour at dusk.
We had two excellent cooked breakfasts in the Horizon Club as well, and it was a shame that a business couple were undertaking a noisy meeting on the second day. I couldn't understand why this should happened, as the hotel offers business people specially provided office areas as part of the Horizon Club package. It was crass, thoughtless behaviour, and we were not the only table to notice this lack of courtesy by this noisy couple discussing future employees and their merits/demerits. It was not the hotel staff's fault at all, but I think that business people could be reminded that there is a place for this undertaking.
We just loved the Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade and Avenue of Stars along the harbour foreshore, including a French fashion photography installation. The hotel is directly linked to this area of the waterfront by a walk bridge over the road, and the walk to the Terminal shopping centres near the Star Ferry is not long and is most enjoyable. We did this both days of our stay at Kowloon Shangri-La.
Hong Kong is now cleaner, and even more friendlier than I remembered from my last trip in 2005. We also enjoyed a visit to Kowloon Park off Nathan Road. The sculptures, cultivated gardens and flamingos were a welcome surprise in the middle of this busy shopping area. There is still a bit of jostling from suit/handbag/watch spruikers, but that is all part of the Hong Kong experience.
If you are planning a holiday, Hong Kong is a great destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong