-Fanatastic service all round from porters to guest services. Special mention goes to Daphne from Guest Relations who was like a friend. She even found us a red envelope for the chinese wedding we were attending in HK.
-Concierge was helpful with good information. E.g. when we enquired about cheaper bulk laundry services he pointed us to Neno dry cleaners 5 mins away in Peninsula Centre. They dropped off our washing within a few hours immaculately cleaned and folded for a very resonable prices.
-Supermarket 5 mins walk away. Be prepared for limited spoken English but you can get by.
-Taxis - NB this is *not* a hotel problem. HK taxis are notoriously rude and seem untrustworthy. The hotel staff will take extra care of you and call you up a taxi and note down it's reg in case you have any problems. One taxi driver purposely forgot to put on his meter so he could no doubt charge us a large made up bill but we wised up pretty quick.
-Water: They will deliver you complimentary bottled water upon request. They even gave us some bowls as I have a special diet.
-Good location:on the harbour light so good for the light show.Near TST metro station though we never used it.
-Room smelt terribly musty.
-No outdoor or indoor areas to sit peacefully and e.g. read a book. Hk isn't a restful place and we would have appreciated this.
No doubt this building is not up to the standard of other Shangri Las (though I think the service is) but bear in mind it is also a lot cheaper. I'm not sure we will return to HK but if we did we would probably choose a more modern hotel as we spent a week here and I wanted somewhere peaceful I could chill out preferably in natural light.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong